Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

I'm with that, never found the interest to hurtle done a mountain dodging trees, animals, people and stuff, if you want some company to sit and watch said madness mind, I'm the man for the job....

I think it's the smell of cabbage cooking that puts people off, it's probably a different animal fermented!

That book sounds like it might have a point, even one made that long ago....

Going AWOL for a few days, off to the Channel Islands for a long weekend, hope everyone has a good weekend, see ya's next week!
    Enjoy the vacation! Don't have too many energy drinks!... Hoist at least 1 for me though!

Comment

• Sunday: Ran 14 miles.... which puts me close to the longest distance I have ever run.... Legs are sore today, but not as sore as they were 2 weeks ago when I ran 12 miles..... I tried some Nuun, an electrolite replacement. It wasn't bad. I was kind of leary of using it, as it has sorbitol in it. It beats the tar out of Gatoraide, that for sure! Interestingly, I ran the whole distance in a fasting state. I only had a cup of coffee and some water prior to the run... I was hungry as a hostage when the run was over! Soaked in the tub for awhile, then ate some baked cod, 2 boiled eggs and a pumpkin and egg "pancake"..... and as it turns out, that was the only thing I ate all day...

Had steak (Delmonico) and eggs with a small sweet potato for breakfast. I have steak (rib steak) and sweet potato and a BAS for lunch...

Comment

• Stamina, pace and experience, eh? You've got it going on.
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Going AWOL for a few days, off to the Channel Islands for a long weekend, hope everyone has a good weekend, see ya's next week!
          Lucky you! i went to Sark once. it was awesome. unreal bread stuff. Guernsey or jersey gache maybe? stacks of duty free cigarettes and booze and no cars. would be party city and i would get so ill but it would be worth it!! have fun!

way to go on the 14 miles doc! makes my measly sprint intervals first thing, 12 k walk with fido and a 6k bike with the kids today pale into insignificance. how long before the big event?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            Lucky you! i went to Sark once. it was awesome. unreal bread stuff. Guernsey or jersey gache maybe? stacks of duty free cigarettes and booze and no cars. would be party city and i would get so ill but it would be worth it!! have fun!

way to go on the 14 miles doc! makes my measly sprint intervals first thing, 12 k walk with fido and a 6k bike with the kids today pale into insignificance. how long before the big event?
            The marathon is in mid-March.... St Paddy's Day weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              Stamina, pace and experience, eh? You've got it going on.
              stamina is coming along... I use a podcast to set my pace by..... The longest I have ever run is 16 miles, and that was 10 years ago or so... Until recently I had more experience punching TV remote buttons than long distance running... but the lack of "experince" is why I am training the way I am.... adding milage a little at a time so my body gains the "experince" and I can mentally deal with the tired, and discomfort that goes along with marathon insanity...

Comment

• stamina is coming along...

Oh my. Do tell.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  stamina is coming along...

Oh my. Do tell.
                  lol.... Sorry, dear, I'm not a Kiss and tell kinda guy!!
                  Last edited by ssn679doc; 09-30-2013, 04:50 AM.

Comment

• That's okay love, I've got my own. My husband has recently been talking about going gluten free and exercising. I expect to reap some benefits.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      That's okay love, I've got my own. My husband has recently been talking about going gluten free and exercising. I expect to reap some benefits.
                      Yeah for you! Maybe HE will increase HIS stamina! lol Patience and quiet persistance pays off!

Comment

• Today is my last day of a Whole30. I lost 13 lbs in 30 days.... not bad for eatting as much as I wanted... No real problems with cravings, or yearnings for foods etc. I will say that fruit tastes much sweeter than when I was using artificial sweeteners.. alost too sweet in some cases.... So I will probably continue the Whole30, but I will add some dairy, like yogurt, in to my diet. Sugar is still out, as are the artificial sweetners. Hell, at this rate I would be at 200 lbs by Christmas....(I said much the same thing LAST year... but I fell off the wagon at Thanksgiving and stayed under the bus for months..) So basically I am 2 lbs lighter today than I was this time last year...

Went and picked up 5 cubic yards of mulch for the wife's gardens. Lots of manual labor unloading that in to a wheelbarrow and putting it in the flower beds.... great time of year to do it though.... not real hot, but warm enough outside to work up a good sweat...

Comment

• Congrats on the weight loss doc! You're doing so much - Whole 30, training for a marathon. Some young sprouts could take a page from your book.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Good day all!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            Enjoy the vacation! Don't have too many energy drinks!... Hoist at least 1 for me though!
                            1 or 2 were successfully hoisted when one was energised as a newt on Saturday....

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            stacks of duty free cigarettes and booze and no cars. would be party city and i would get so ill but it would be worth it!! have fun!
                            Fun duly had, great time, great place!

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                            That's okay love, I've got my own. My husband has recently been talking about going gluten free and exercising. I expect to reap some benefits.
                            Ya lucky devil you....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            Today is my last day of a Whole30. I lost 13 lbs in 30 days.... not bad for eatting as much as I wanted... No real problems with cravings, or yearnings for foods etc. I will say that fruit tastes much sweeter than when I was using artificial sweeteners.. alost too sweet in some cases.... So I will probably continue the Whole30, but I will add some dairy, like yogurt, in to my diet. Sugar is still out, as are the artificial sweetners. Hell, at this rate I would be at 200 lbs by Christmas....(I said much the same thing LAST year... but I fell off the wagon at Thanksgiving and stayed under the bus for months..) So basically I am 2 lbs lighter today than I was this time last year...
                            Fair go on the 30lbs though squire, gotta be happy with that, knows how you feel though about the wagon thing, after the weekend, I might just call this a rest week!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              Congrats on the weight loss doc! You're doing so much - Whole 30, training for a marathon. Some young sprouts could take a page from your book.
                              Yes, all of this doc. That is good stuff. As for marathons though, yeah, I ain't taking any pages from that book. Luckily I am exempt not being a young sprout. 200 by Christmas sounds like a worthy goal my friend. I'll harass you after Thanksgiving to keep you on the bus

Comment

• Wow, that is an amazing outcome. Congrats, doc.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X