No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm no greyhound.... greyhead definitely.... but not a greyhound....
    2 funny. i dont think the dog will care. he's not ageist at all. his owner isnt either. i actual prefer men who grew up without the need of electronic devices. they are so much more competent and dont have panic attacks when their gps doesnt work as they dont need one in the first place!

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      2 funny. i dont think the dog will care. he's not ageist at all. his owner isnt either. i actual prefer men who grew up without the need of electronic devices. they are so much more competent and dont have panic attacks when their gps doesnt work as they dont need one in the first place!
      Map? I don't need no stinking map! lol no panic attack here.....

I will admit I have considered getting a GPS runners watch to track distance run, real time pace etc.....

The wife has a new car/truck that has a naviagtional system in it.... she loves it.. Me? I use old fashioned maps....

Comment

• i just guess! or look at google maps before i leave lol i think there is a gps on the i-phone but i need a cell signal for it to work and it doesnt at home so i never bother. being able to track the distance i walk would be cool but i dont really need it. my middle child once got one of those things that record how many paces you walk. it was a mcdeathburger one. from school no less. she lent it to me and i did something like 20,000 paces in the day. she was astounded. that is like approx 10k i think as i do roughly 50cm per step if i am walking normally.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Map? I don't need no stinking map! lol
          Another classic film, Tuco, what a legend....

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
          i just guess! or look at google maps before i leave lol i think there is a gps on the i-phone but i need a cell signal for it to work and it doesnt at home so i never bother.
          I'm the same, have a look at google maps, got GPS on me phone, but it ain't switched on, I have a got an AtoZ of Brizzle though!

Comment

• I tell peeps I have a dumb phone...actually it's a receiving device as I never have credit.
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• LOL dont need an A-Z of the town i live in! i do have gps tracking on my phone which enables people who ring me to work out where i am. i switch it off when i go anywhere important lol

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                I tell peeps I have a dumb phone...actually it's a receiving device as I never have credit.
                My term was fick fone! Me latest one got boat loads of gizmos I didn't give a monkeys about....

Comment

Map? I don't need no stinking map!
                  ....I use old fashioned maps....

Me too. I learned to read maps in the Army. Y'know, sometimes GPS doesn't work. I was TDY (Army/AFspeak for "business trip") to Robins AFB, GA a couple years ago with a group of people. We drove down to the base from the Atlanta airport. It was pouring rain so hard, the satellite signal couldn't get through and the driver (I think she was auditioning for NASCAR) was panicking because she didn't know how to get there. I had printed out a Mapquest map, and (from the back seat with my seatbelt tightly cinched) gave her directions.

We got there without a problem, although it took a couple hours for my heart rate to go down...

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    Me too. I learned to read maps in the Army. Y'know, sometimes GPS doesn't work. I was TDY (Army/AFspeak for "business trip") to Robins AFB, GA a couple years ago with a group of people. We drove down to the base from the Atlanta airport. It was pouring rain so hard, the satellite signal couldn't get through and the driver (I think she was auditioning for NASCAR) was panicking because she didn't know how to get there. I had printed out a Mapquest map, and (from the back seat with my seatbelt tightly cinched) gave her directions.

We got there without a problem, although it took a couple hours for my heart rate to go down...
                    So Mapquest has topograghical maps with grid lines? lol.. j/k LandNav is a very useful skill..... particlarly when an EMP burst kills all the electrical stuff, including satelites...... but I'm not a conspiracy theorist..... or a Doomsday Prepper.... I just read a book called "One Second After" a couple of years ago.... some scary crap.

Comment

• Wednesday was a gorgeous day... partly cloudy, temps in the upper 60's, light wind.... Good day for a run. I ran an intervel run, 10 minute segments are 150, 160, 170, 160 and 150 bpm..... I covered 4 miles, which is longer than the distance I covered the last time I ran this interval session.... yeah for running faster!

Cooked off a bunch of tomatos today. Will run them through a sieve and cook them down to sauce tomorrow.

Made a ground beef and mushroom curry for breakfast.... yum

All the stuff I planted this weekend is sprouting. Some of it started making itself visible on Tuesday.... I'm stoked.... now, to keep the bugs off, keep it well watered, and fertilized..... I may get some kelp fertilizer to boost the micro-nutrients and minerals...

I planted an area in the "chicken yard" with some lettuce, mustard greens, kale and turnips so the chickens will have some fresh greens once the grass starts to go dormant for winter..... it's sprouting too....

Comment

• in terms of chook plants. it's cold here and silver beet grows well. some brassicas like cauliflower to get full of bugs and bolt for the chooks were good too. plus we used to have comfrey. they loved that.

we're heading into tomato planting season. they dont really grow outdoors very well out here but i may still try some. just coz.

Comment

in terms of chook plants. it's cold here and silver beet grows well. some brassicas like cauliflower to get full of bugs and bolt for the chooks were good too. plus we used to have comfrey. they loved that.

we're heading into tomato planting season. they dont really grow outdoors very well out here but i may still try some. just coz.
                          I have read that they love comfrey, but i have never tried growing it....

Home grown tomatos are the bomb

Comment

• Home grown tomatos are the bomb
                            yeah i know. i love them but it is such a struggle to get them to grow here. it just doesnt get warm enough in the summer. long cool days vs a short hot summer like alot of the colder areas get.

Comment

yeah i know. i love them but it is such a struggle to get them to grow here. it just doesnt get warm enough in the summer. long cool days vs a short hot summer like alot of the colder areas get.
                              tomatos grow very well here... I have had fresh tomatos in November if there is no hard frost

Comment

tomatos grow very well here... I have had fresh tomatos in November if there is no hard frost
                                Lucky for some ain't it, only way you'd be able to do that over here is in one of they hydroponic things....

Comment

Working...
                                X