No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how Doc will feel about you smutting up his journal this way, but you sure did make my day.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Right here goes, sorry 'bout this!

IMGP0390 by Dhansakdave, on Flickr

Not Lou Ferrigno, but not unreasonable shape for a 45 year old....
      I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color you painted your walls!!!!..... lol

Comment

• OK, It's official.... I signed up for the Shamrock Marathon.... no backing out now... I spent money so I am committed..... some may say I should be committed..........
        Last edited by ssn679doc; 09-24-2013, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color you painted your walls!!!!..... lol
          nice dodge on mentioning coming back and finding boobies in your journal Doc! i didnt even notice the colour of the walls. the kids would be happy. they love purple and in fact, always find me paint sample cards in that colour as hints LOL

and a marathon ooooh. does that mean 40 k or is it 26 miles? rather you than me!!! how long do you have to train?

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
            nice dodge on mentioning coming back and finding boobies in your journal Doc! i didnt even notice the colour of the walls. the kids would be happy. they love purple and in fact, always find me paint sample cards in that colour as hints LOL

and a marathon ooooh. does that mean 40 k or is it 26 miles? rather you than me!!! how long do you have to train?
            boobies? He has BOOBIES???? OMG! lol.....

Marathon is 26.2 miles.... I started training in March and was running about 3 miles as my longest run. I am up to 12 miles now and this Sunday the plan is to go 14... The schedule I am on is a 6 month training cycle. I am going just to finish, no time goal in mind. I figure it will take me about 6ish hours...

Comment

• i think the manly word is pecs! and ugh running 14 miles sounds like chronic cadio. i can stamp my 5 fingered foot, pout and refuse to do it lmao. in reality i am hiding behind the excuse. i can and have run 15ks on a treadmill which was hell boring so i only ever did it once. but 14 miles across rough cross country that i could walk the uphills and run some of the flats and the downhills. now that would be fun. screw the 5 fingers as well. i'd prob go for the vivo barefoot neo trails or the tactical assault boots. 6 hrs is still a relatively respectible pace for that amount of distance too. avg 4mph?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Not sure how Doc will feel about you smutting up his journal this way, but you sure did make my day.
                Might have to suggest it's made XXX rated.... Always happy to make someone happy....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                OK, It's official.... I signed up for the Shamrock Marathon.... no backing out now... I spent money so I am committed..... some may say I should be committed..........
                There coming to take you away, ha ha! That's torn it, in for the perverbial penny now old boy....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color you painted your walls!!!!..... lol
                Too much time watching Extreme Makeover....NOT!

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                Was a good sidestep weren't it.... Good kids you got there!

Comment

i think the manly word is pecs! and ugh running 14 miles sounds like chronic cadio. i can stamp my 5 fingered foot, pout and refuse to do it lmao. in reality i am hiding behind the excuse. i can and have run 15ks on a treadmill which was hell boring so i only ever did it once. but 14 miles across rough cross country that i could walk the uphills and run some of the flats and the downhills. now that would be fun. screw the 5 fingers as well. i'd prob go for the vivo barefoot neo trails or the tactical assault boots. 6 hrs is still a relatively respectible pace for that amount of distance too. avg 4mph?
                  lol... yes pecs would be the manly word...

I guess the "chronic cardio" could be true, but I run at such a slow pace my heart rate is usually under 150 bpm. I run long runs slow enough to be able to have a conversation during the run, but I run alone, on country roads, so there is some small hills, curves, the occasional deer, and house that has Dobies that want to eat my legs, horses, biting flies and various other assundry wildlife and cars/trucks/vans etc. I run in "trail" shoes.... haven't really looked in to the minimalist shoes.......
                  Yes, the pace is about 4 mph, or 14 minutes per mile. I do it in 4 mile segments.... go in get some water, and go do the next segment. That way I don't have to carry a bunch of water with me.. I also take a walk break for 1 minute at every mile mark to help rest my legs a bit.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    Might have to suggest it's made XXX rated.... Always happy to make someone happy....

There coming to take you away, ha ha! That's torn it, in for the perverbial penny now old boy....

Too much time watching Extreme Makeover....NOT!

Was a good sidestep weren't it.... Good kids you got there!
                    XXX was a good movie.... I like Vin Diesel..... How can you NOT like a guy named after a fuel!????

Yeah it was a pretty one for the entry fee, I tells ya!

Extreme Makeover? Never heared of it..... Is it a home remodeling show? Now, I have seen Trading Spaces a time or two....

Comment

• i would definitely avoid the minimalist shoes for running on anything other than grass off road. i have had stress related ankle injuries from running in VFFs on a treadmill and it wasnt fun. i dont run far on road at the best of times and by on road, i mean on dirt roads not tarmac. i dont have a HR monitor either so i dont know how fast i can go but isnt it max heart rate = 220 - age and work the %ages from there? i only ever slow jog too LOL last time i ran, i had the dog with me and he ran underneath my feet and tripped me up. they are known at the velcro dog but he does get a bit ridiculous at times.

Comment

i would definitely avoid the minimalist shoes for running on anything other than grass off road. i have had stress related ankle injuries from running in VFFs on a treadmill and it wasnt fun. i dont run far on road at the best of times and by on road, i mean on dirt roads not tarmac. i dont have a HR monitor either so i dont know how fast i can go but isnt it max heart rate = 220 - age and work the %ages from there? i only ever slow jog too LOL last time i ran, i had the dog with me and he ran underneath my feet and tripped me up. they are known at the velcro dog but he does get a bit ridiculous at times.
                        That sounds about right for max heart rate.... I do push a bit faster on my 2 weekly short runs, but the long run is a slow run..

Comment

• Was a good sidestep weren't it.... Good kids you got there!
                          little angels all the way LOL

Comment

• I do push a bit faster on my 2 weekly short runs, but the long run is a slow run..
                            i try to go at a pace i enjoy. if i run too far, i stop having fun. i walk the 6k block in just under an hour so that is approx 4mph. and i was getting into HIIT but i got some nasty cough off the kids which put paid to that last week. i am almost better now but i could still feel my sore lungs deadlifting and benchpressing at the gym today. plan A is back into the HIIT as of day after tomorrow.

Comment

i try to go at a pace i enjoy. if i run too far, i stop having fun. i walk the 6k block in just under an hour so that is approx 4mph. and i was getting into HIIT but i got some nasty cough off the kids which put paid to that last week. i am almost better now but i could still feel my sore lungs deadlifting and benchpressing at the gym today. plan A is back into the HIIT as of day after tomorrow.
                              Hope you are better and back at the HIIT soon... echinacea and goldenseal tea sometimes help fight off colds etc...

Comment

• i've been taking sodium ascorbate and eating truck loads of organic navel oranges. so far so good. i had 2 nasty days where it hurt to sneeze or cough and my head spun lots. now it just hurts in my left lung when i breathe too deep, dead lift over 75kgs or bench 16kg dumbbells. i did manage to leg press 160kgs without it hurting. i can sprint, it just makes me cough so i figured it would be counter productive.

Comment

Working...
                                X