Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    DD, for a minute there, I thought you were speaking Spanish..."lardarse". Lardo means lard so lardarse could be to grease oneself up, you know, for a wrestling match or whatever.
    Ooh err, that 'whatever' sounds a bit of a worry.... Can't say I've ever had me arse greased up before, not that sure if'n I wants to....

    Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Dog check done.... won't fit well with our family, so the search continues...

    Sunday was a gorgeous day for a run... temp in the mid-60s when I started, humidity was in the 90% range, and there was a sllight breeze, bright sun shine.... did 12 miles... the first 4 at 140 bpm, the middle 4 at 145 bpm and the last 4 at 151 bp... when all is said and done, I finished about 5 minuts faster than the last time I ran this same course.... legs are sore, but not horribly so....

    I tried my had at scallops on Sunday..... I like them, but have never cooked them... Bought about a lb of bay scallops, sauteed in olive oil, seasoned with garlic and kosher salt.... pretty tasty.... went well with the cod fillets I poached on the grill...

    So far I have finished 2 weeks of the Whole30...... doing fairly well. No reall urges or cravings....
    Shame about the hound, but good on you for on the run and the whole 30, keep at it squire

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Ooh err, that 'whatever' sounds a bit of a worry.... Can't say I've ever had me arse greased up before, not that sure if'n I wants to....



      Shame about the hound, but good on you for on the run and the whole 30, keep at it squire
      Are ya over 40???? Here they do prostate exams after the age of 40..... just warning ya....

      Yeah, the hound has a strong predator/prey drive... so no little kids or small animals....

      Comment


      • Made a chicken curry today... Seems I have been Jonseing for curry for a couple of weeks now. Finally broke down and made some. I used a green curry paste, and coconut cream..... oh my it is tasty! I deboned some chicken thighs/legs to put in the curry. I also saved the skin and fried it in some olive oil... until brown and crispy..... oh yum! Made some rice for the wife, but I put my curry over a bed of veggies. Diced up a red and a green bell pepper, 3 stalks of bok choy and shredded 2 carrots. I will use the veggies for 2 or 3 meals....

        For breakfast this evening I diced up a chunk of home made bacon, fried it and poured some scrambled eggs in on top..... nice salty, fatty eggs.... left me with a totally satisfied appetite....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Are ya over 40???? Here they do prostate exams after the age of 40..... just warning ya....
          I is a remarkably immature 45..... but there's no actual prostate screening over here, going by this Prostatehealth.aspx

          Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Made a chicken curry today... Seems I have been Jonseing for curry for a couple of weeks now. Finally broke down and made some. I used a green curry paste, and coconut cream..... oh my it is tasty! I deboned some chicken thighs/legs to put in the curry. I also saved the skin and fried it in some olive oil... until brown and crispy..... oh yum! Made some rice for the wife, but I put my curry over a bed of veggies. Diced up a red and a green bell pepper, 3 stalks of bok choy and shredded 2 carrots. I will use the veggies for 2 or 3 meals....

          For breakfast this evening I diced up a chunk of home made bacon, fried it and poured some scrambled eggs in on top..... nice salty, fatty eggs.... left me with a totally satisfied appetite....
          Ahh, three top foods, curry, bacon and eggs, nice!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            I is a remarkably immature 45..... but there's no actual prostate screening over here, going by this Prostatehealth.aspx



            Ahh, three top foods, curry, bacon and eggs, nice!
            Dang.... no rectal probes by sadistic doctors? You guys are missing ALL the fun..... no guns.... no butt probes... I don't know how you manage!


            ohhhh.... a curry bacon and egg dish.... the trifecta!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              I is a remarkably immature 45..... but there's no actual prostate screening over here, going by this Prostatehealth.aspx
              And for fairly good reason, much like mammography, the false positives tend to outweigh the benefit. I suspect that you could ask for a manual exam, if you felt concerned! Colonoscopies are standard here for all over 50s. I see the NHS doesn't start screening until people are in their 60s. I'd be more concerned about that tbh, prostate cancers are *usually* pretty slow growing.
              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                And for fairly good reason, much like mammography, the false positives tend to outweigh the benefit. I suspect that you could ask for a manual exam, if you felt concerned! Colonoscopies are standard here for all over 50s. I see the NHS doesn't start screening until people are in their 60s. I'd be more concerned about that tbh, prostate cancers are *usually* pretty slow growing.
                yup... at 50 they break out the 8 ft garden hose here too, though if you have bowel changes they will probe you much earlier... The best part of the whole colonoscopy thing is the drugs..... hell-to-the-yeah! The prep is the worst part.... <shudder>

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Dang.... no rectal probes by sadistic doctors? You guys are missing ALL the fun..... no guns.... no butt probes... I don't know how you manage!

                  ohhhh.... a curry bacon and egg dish.... the trifecta!
                  TMI moment here, I did have a rectal exam once, when I done a disc in me back, cuz it was the disc where the nerves that control bowel function float about, I can give that away again, I can tell ee....

                  Boiled eggs in a curry are the kippers tits, not tried bacon yet, but oh yes....

                  Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                  And for fairly good reason, much like mammography, the false positives tend to outweigh the benefit. I suspect that you could ask for a manual exam, if you felt concerned! Colonoscopies are standard here for all over 50s. I see the NHS doesn't start screening until people are in their 60s. I'd be more concerned about that tbh, prostate cancers are *usually* pretty slow growing.
                  As well as slow growing, I think I read somewhere virtually guaranteed as well, something else not to look forward to!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    TMI moment here, I did have a rectal exam once, when I done a disc in me back, cuz it was the disc where the nerves that control bowel function float about, I can give that away again, I can tell ee....

                    Boiled eggs in a curry are the kippers tits, not tried bacon yet, but oh yes....



                    As well as slow growing, I think I read somewhere virtually guaranteed as well, something else not to look forward to!
                    Pretty much prostate cancer risk increases to the 90% range by the age of 90 or so.... kinda like breast cancer for women....


                    Am gonna have to try boiled eggs and curry....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Pretty much prostate cancer risk increases to the 90% range by the age of 90 or so.... kinda like breast cancer for women....
                      Oh joy, everyones a loser then....

                      Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Am gonna have to try boiled eggs and curry....
                      You have, I first had it in a take away Jalfrezi years ago, and it blew me away, I left half and finished it off for breakfast, just to prove it was that good!

                      Comment


                      • I think prostate cancer is one you'll most likely live through if you get your exams (Not the 40 foot anal probe!). The guys who die from it are those folks that think if you ignore something, it will go away. This only works with spouses. If your prostate is swollen like a freakin' Idaho potato, it's not going to go away.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                        B*tch-lite

                        Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          I think prostate cancer is one you'll most likely live through if you get your exams (Not the 40 foot anal probe!). The guys who die from it are those folks that think if you ignore something, it will go away. This only works with spouses. If your prostate is swollen like a freakin' Idaho potato, it's not going to go away.
                          AND its hard to pee......

                          Comment


                          • Had a sit-down with the resturant guy..... to discuss fall veggies... He gave me a list of things he wants, and most of them I can grow if I start yesterday, some it is about a month to late to start. So it looks like I may be trying my hand at winter market gardening..... Time to buy a bunch of seed for mizuna, tatzoi, radish and the like....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              If your prostate is swollen like a freakin' Idaho potato, it's not going to go away.
                              Really and that would be freakin'....

                              Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              AND its hard to pee......
                              Jeez, mines more than fine at the moment then....

                              Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Had a sit-down with the resturant guy..... to discuss fall veggies... He gave me a list of things he wants, and most of them I can grow if I start yesterday, some it is about a month to late to start. So it looks like I may be trying my hand at winter market gardening..... Time to buy a bunch of seed for mizuna, tatzoi, radish and the like....
                              Good timing on the fall veges then....Some of they Japanese veges are a bit new to me as well....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Really and that would be freakin'....



                                Jeez, mines more than fine at the moment then....



                                Good timing on the fall veges then....Some of they Japanese veges are a bit new to me as well....
                                I have recently discovered them.... have been growing bok choy and napa cabbage for the last 2 years and the mizuna and tatzoi are in a greens mix I have for salad greens..... Pretty fast growing stuff, can be harvested more than once from the same planting and tasty! I get seed catalogs from several companies but routinely buy from only one of them. Their seed seems to be better, a little pricier, but better quality.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X