Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    hardly.... yes it is rude to yuck someone elses yum (unless it is broccoli...... that deserves a yuck all of it's own... and cabbage, except bok choy. Bok choy is pretty tasty!)
    Broc rocks - steamed with soy, roasted with garlic in chicken fat... Cabbage, I grant you is more of a challenge, but it can be made yummy.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      Broc rocks - steamed with soy, roasted with garlic in chicken fat... Cabbage, I grant you is more of a challenge, but it can be made yummy.
      OK.... I will try to not hold your love of broccoli against you....... the gods only made a few mistakes.. and most of them are related to broccoli and cabbage!

Comment

It is strange to me a little, since DD likes so many other strongly flavoured foods (and I associate a love of robust cheese with an appreciation of chilies, curries and so forth. However, it's hardly a personal failing, is it? As we tell small boy, it's rude to yuck someone else's yum...surely the opposite also applies.
        Tell me about it, I tolerate most tucker, but cheese makes me gag, great term yuck someones yum!

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        Terribly sorry doc, gotta side with the girl as me don't mind a bit of broc, cabbage on the other hand....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Tell me about it, I tolerate most tucker, but cheese makes me gag, great term yuck someones yum!

Terribly sorry doc, gotta side with the girl as me don't mind a bit of broc, cabbage on the other hand....
          Whatever blows air up your skirt man.... no blood, no foul

Comment

• cabbage works if you cook it until just softening in bone broth and then stir fry it with bacon and bacon grease. Of course, that works for most things.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              cabbage works if you cook it until just softening in bone broth and then stir fry it with bacon and bacon grease. Of course, that works for most things.
              Yer not wrong, I reckon a tramps sock would taste pretty good cooked that way....

Comment

Yer not wrong, I reckon a tramps sock would taste pretty good cooked that way....
                lol.....

Comment

true, but they are too busy making stone soup.

Comment

Or buggering children...

It was cleaned up for recording in 1920, but the original version had a last lyric that went...
                    The punk rolled up his big blue eyes, and said to the jocker, "Sandy,
                    "I've hiked and hitched and wandered too, but I ain't seen any candy,
                    I've hiked and hiked til my feet are sore, I'll be god damned if I hike any more
                    To be buggered sore, like a hobo's whore, on the Big Rock Candy mountains"
                    The True Story of The Big Rock Candy Mountain | Suite101
                    It gives me a chuckle every time I see Zack's journal with this title since the song is really about a pedophile bum trying to lure a young scamp for some seriously bad business. >_<
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

cabbage works if you cook it until just softening in bone broth and then stir fry it with bacon and bacon grease. Of course, that works for most things.
                      Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                      Or covered with cheese.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

So is it the stone or the sock that gives the soup it's flavor?

Comment

• Today I spent a bit of time putting some room darkening film on the windows of the room I sleep in. I purchased 2 packages at the local big box home improvement store, since there are 2 windows in the room. Open the first box, cut the piece to fit, open the 2nd box and it's only 1/2 a roll..... apparently some one "returned" it to the store... Needless to say, it goes back in the AM... The one window that I covered is considerably darker than the other. Hopefully the room darkening film will help me sleep better. I already have blinds and dark blue curtains, but the room is not dark enough. I wear a sleep mask, but they aren't very comfortable to sleep in. The ear plugs aren't too bad, and they do help me sleep. Next will be black-out curtains on spring rods.... I find it hard to sleep when there is a light on...

Comment

• I tried earplugs, but I tend to wake up with bruised lugholes when I use them

Comment

I tried earplugs, but I tend to wake up with bruised lugholes when I use them
                              I started using the squishy foam earplugs and they would make my ears sore. I now use a rubber 3 flange type of plug and I find them much more comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                I now use a rubber 3 flange
                                Uh-huh... *nods*

Comment

Working...
                                X