Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    Have a great errand day. I'm off to bed - very early, even for me, but I find myself very tired. How odd.
    Enjoy your sleep.....

Comment

• Well, errand day went fairly well. Got nearly everything done I wanted to, so thats a plus. Saturday was interesting. Got up early, had a couple of cups of coffee, some yogurt and a protein bar and off to the mud run I went. Got there in plenty of time to do all the checking in etc...... and as it turns out, I was in the first heat. Oh joy... better than the last one when the days temp is up! Sooooo of I go on an 8k adventure. I wasn't worried about the distance, just the obstacles..... I should have been more worried about the course. There weren't that many obastacle, per se.... just lots of sand... loose beach sand. Nearly 80% of the course was loose sand..... I ran the first 2 miles... and walked most of the last 2.... running through sand is tough! I finished the course, which was the goal, and will probably do it again next year.... knowing what the course is. All things considered, I had an enjoyable time... met some good folks, got some good exercise, a sun and sand burn, chilled out in the ocean. Good times.
      So I get home from the fun run and start farm fun... yeeeeee haw! A fun filled sweaty afternooon was had by all!

Sunday was weed-eating and bush hogging..... the fun never stops! lol Didn't do a long run on Sunday. Figured Saturday covered it.

Comment

• Wow, what a day. Welll done of trying something new. I reckon you deserved your day off on Sunday.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
          Wow, what a day. Welll done of trying something new. I reckon you deserved your day off on Sunday.
          Thanks! The mud run was the 2nd one I have ever done, but the first time I had done one that long..... I do have a goal of doing a Tough Mudder, which is 10-12 miles long... but not this year! I have a bit more training to do to be ready for something that long....

Comment

• Congrats on finishing the mud run. Very impressive!
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Well done on the run, squire, seeing it was on sand, and farm work in the afternoon, most impressive, how were the calves?

Comment

• Oh yeah, running in sand, even walking in sand - will give you gorgeous legs... I mean it's a really good workout.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  Well done on the run, squire, seeing it was on sand, and farm work in the afternoon, most impressive, how were the calves?
                  Calves? I gots no beef on the farm, yet.... ohhh MY calves... actually they aren't all that bad, suprisingly!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Oh yeah, running in sand, even walking in sand - will give you gorgeous legs... I mean it's a really good workout.
                    yes, and yes... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Congrats on finishing the mud run. Very impressive!
                      Thank you kind lady!

Comment

• Didn't get much done today. It was nearly 90 and the humidity was in the 80% range.... Got some peppers and carrots harvested. I planted waaaaaay to many pepper plants. So I will probably pull about 1/2 of them out and prep the beds for planting. The radishes, greens mix and squash I planted last week are all starting to sprout. Still need to get the spinach, pumpkins etc planted. Pretty much time for cabbage and broccoli to go back in for a fall/winter crop. Maybe some leeks and parsnips too....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          Didn't get much done today. It was nearly 90 and the humidity was in the 80% range.... Got some peppers and carrots harvested. I planted waaaaaay to many pepper plants. So I will probably pull about 1/2 of them out and prep the beds for planting. The radishes, greens mix and squash I planted last week are all starting to sprout. Still need to get the spinach, pumpkins etc planted. Pretty much time for cabbage and broccoli to go back in for a fall/winter crop. Maybe some leeks and parsnips too....
                          Here's my idea of not got much done: stayed in bed, read a good book, drank cocktails, ate bonbons, had decadent times with someone yummy, napped, watched a movie.

Believe me - you got plenty done.
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Here's my idea of not got much done: stayed in bed, read a good book, drank cocktails, ate bonbons, had decadent times with someone yummy, napped, watched a movie.

Believe me - you got plenty done.
                            lol... thanks... we apparently agree on some relaxation activities... not much in to bonbons.... Grok rocks, maybe

Comment

• Jerky?
                              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Jerky?
                                I do like jerky.... grok rocks are chocolate covered prunes.... it's in one of Mark's PB cookbooks, and realy tasty (if you like prunes)..

Comment

Working...
                                X