Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good day all!

Running in that humidity, thats what I call heroic, or insane, hope you replaced that fluid?! I agree with Joanie as well, pork stuffed pork, genius!

Angry Orchard.....

I'm going with insane...... which explains alot!

pork and cider.... ooooooooo I likes the way you think sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      I'm going with insane...... which explains alot!

pork and cider.... ooooooooo I likes the way you think sir!
      I thinks me gonna keep me own council on the insane bit.....

Ta, I has me moments, they do compliment each other!

Comment

• Broke in the veggie washing station. Harvested some green peppers, carrots and rutabaga. Worked great! yeah for plans coing together.... Have red and yellow tomatos and more peppers to pick tomorrow. I weeded the grass out of the spaghetti squash and the deer ate the ripest ones.... bastages...... deer season can't get here soon enough!

Comment

I weeded the grass out of the spaghetti squash and the deer ate the ripest ones.... bastages...... deer season can't get here soon enough!
          LOL! Living in upstate NY, deer season was a big deal. I remember one year some guys got caught with a doe that they had put antlers on. They were going through a toll booth to the city. I had a neighbor who had to put a deer in the bathtub with ice because he shot it a couple of days before the legal season. I love people (even though it often seems that I don't because I rant so much).

Six pounds of water loss? That's huge. Smart that you stopped when you did.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Doc, I planted my apple tree today. I wonder how long it will take to fruit?
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
              Doc, I planted my apple tree today. I wonder how long it will take to fruit?
              Depends on the variety, but from what I remember reading it is in the 2-5 year range. Good for you planting cider trees!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                LOL! Living in upstate NY, deer season was a big deal. I remember one year some guys got caught with a doe that they had put antlers on. They were going through a toll booth to the city. I had a neighbor who had to put a deer in the bathtub with ice because he shot it a couple of days before the legal season. I love people (even though it often seems that I don't because I rant so much).

Six pounds of water loss? That's huge. Smart that you stopped when you did.
                I've heard stories of antlers tied to does heads..... nuttin wrong with a rant now and again!

Comment

Depends on the variety, but from what I remember reading it is in the 2-5 year range. Good for you planting cider trees!

Kind of makes me wish I planted it five years ago. Especially given the following fact:

•It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                    Kind of makes me wish I planted it five years ago. Especially given the following fact:

•It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
                    Ah, I am going to steal that as my fun fact of the day. Sounds like you need to plant a few more trees

Comment

• ^I agree with that, get yerself an orchard going, a gallon won't go far.....

Doc, will you have room in the coolometer for Bambi, if it's full of Foghorn leghorn?!
                      Last edited by Dhansakdave; 07-17-2013, 01:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

^I agree with that, get yerself an orchard going, a gallon won't go far.....

Doc, will you have roof in the coolometer for Bambi, if it's full of Foghorn leghorn?!
                        I'll get a new one just for Bambi!

Comment

• Good day all!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          I'll get a new one just for Bambi!
                          Good man, likes the cut of your jib, sir!

Comment

Good day all!

Good man, likes the cut of your jib, sir!
                            I am a retired sailor, afterall...... my thanks to you good sir!

Comment

• Got in a 3 mile run today... it was in the mid 80's with humidity in the 95% range.... oh what wet fun we had! lol not really. The first 2 miles werent all that bad.... the last one, the heat jumped on me like a 900 lb gorilla.....
                              So I goes in the house, slug down some cold water, then go back outside to mow the lawn.... thank the gods for riding mowers! my yard is probably 2/3 of an acre, and with all the rain of late, the grass was near 6" high and wet.... took a while to mow. running shorts and a sweat wicking shirt are ideal for mowing..... and Angry Orchard would have helped, but alas none was available.

The other day I harvested a butt-ton of rutabaga..... Have to figure out what to do with them..... I guess fridge-bound they are to be eatten...... maybe a rutabaga sheppards pie! They've gotta be better for ya than potatoes!

Comment

maybe a rutabaga sheppards pie!
                                holy mother of god, why have I never done this?

Comment

Working...
                                X