No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Means to an end I suppose, as long as they'm alive is the main thing, just more labour intensive!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Means to an end I suppose, as long as they'm alive is the main thing, just more labour intensive!!
      aye it was labor intensive. Beat the crap outta my hands.. nicks, scrapes, blisters... all earned...

Comment

• Double D - yep wonderful to be home, however it is soooooooo cold in Nouvelle Zealande at the moment !!!!!!!!! VERY NIPPLY !!!!!!!
        Doc - I am sorry to hear that you have lost so many birds. That is not nice. When we were in Lamar, Indiana, DDs host parents put on a BBQ for us. Anyhoo as the night wore on someone said "can you hear that howling ?" and it was coyote on the boundary. However they had these huge dogs roaming on their property, which kept them away. I couldn't believe it !!!!!! really wild ! I so hope that new fence keeps the predators out !!!!!!
        and fantastic that all the troups are coming home for visits. best times !!!!
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
          Double D - yep wonderful to be home, however it is soooooooo cold in Nouvelle Zealande at the moment !!!!!!!!! VERY NIPPLY !!!!!!!
          Doc - I am sorry to hear that you have lost so many birds. That is not nice. When we were in Lamar, Indiana, DDs host parents put on a BBQ for us. Anyhoo as the night wore on someone said "can you hear that howling ?" and it was coyote on the boundary. However they had these huge dogs roaming on their property, which kept them away. I couldn't believe it !!!!!! really wild ! I so hope that new fence keeps the predators out !!!!!!
          and fantastic that all the troups are coming home for visits. best times !!!!
          There is something to be said for nipply...... warm sweaters for starters.

Yes there are guard dogs, but my property is so small it is cheaper to build a fence than it is to put out guard dogs....

Yup... lotsa young'uns gonna be on the farm this weekend..... I may need some adult beverage to cope....

Speaking of which, I was at the store tonight and saw something I may have to investigate. I was pressed for time, so I didn't stop and look closely, but it was a bottled beverage from The Angry Orchard.... methinks it is a hard cider.... me also thinks this weekend would be a prime opporunity to try said beverage.... build a fire ring in the back yard, burn some scrap lumber, consume adult beverages and tell tall tales...... good times to be had!

Comment

• ooooooooooohhhhhhh Gwamma loves a tall tail.......oooppppsssss I mean tale !!!!!!!!! especially with an ale on board !
            Enjoy Doc, and say hello to all the little Subs
            G x
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
              ooooooooooohhhhhhh Gwamma loves a tall tail.......oooppppsssss I mean tale !!!!!!!!! especially with an ale on board !
              Enjoy Doc, and say hello to all the little Subs
              G x
              methinks you had it right the first time..... little freudian slip there.....

I shall certainly pass on your down under greetings!

Comment

• Good day all!

G, ooh nipply, sounds crisp, and very freudian, I be reckoning?!

Doc, that sounds a top idea, cider and little uns, what a combo, yer gonna need something I should think!!

Done a quick search, check this out, it looks the part....
                Angry Orchard Cider Variety 12-pack | BuyHardCider.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  Good day all!

G, ooh nipply, sounds crisp, and very freudian, I be reckoning?!

Doc, that sounds a top idea, cider and little uns, what a combo, yer gonna need something I should think!!

Done a quick search, check this out, it looks the part....
                  Angry Orchard Cider Variety 12-pack | BuyHardCider.com
                  It turns out that Angry Orchard is owned by the Boston Beer Company.... the makers of Samuel Adams...... yup this is gonna be a buy today!

Comment

• Angry Orchard is delicious. I tried it in a bar in Hell's Kitchen, NYC a few months ago. I figured it was a better Primal bet than beer.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      Angry Orchard is delicious. I tried it in a bar in Hell's Kitchen, NYC a few months ago. I figured it was a better Primal bet than beer.
                      Umm, better get me deerstalker on and see if it's made it's way over here, just to equivalate you're findings of coarse......

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        Angry Orchard is delicious.
                        ^This is very true. It is far too easy to drink however.

Comment

• Angry Orchard- I prefer the Dry.

Add a shot of gin and make it Cheeky!
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            ^This is very true. It is far too easy to drink however.
                            oh, yes it is.... I had one today..... and it was a chore to stop at just one I tell ya.. I had the Crisp Apple variety... on a hot day (and today was) this would be a very tasty!

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                              Angry Orchard- I prefer the Dry.

Add a shot of gin and make it Cheeky!
                              The drier the better, I likes it that dry that it's dusty, the phrase that 'if it got spilt we'ld have to sweep it up, not mop it up' springs to mind!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              oh, yes it is.... I had one today..... and it was a chore to stop at just one I tell ya.. I had the Crisp Apple variety... on a hot day (and today was) this would be a very tasty!
                              Right, that does it, really will have to try and track this stuff down, some bugger must import it.....

Comment

• Doc, was looking into getting some saltpetre for curing online as I couldn't find any in me local health/spice shop, saw this review on Amazon, which made me chuckle;

2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
                                1.0 out of 5 stars BE VERY CAUTIOUS 6 Jun 2013
                                By simonh
                                THIS PRODUCT IS AN EXPLOSIVES INGREDIENT. IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE OF TERRORISM, YOU CAN EXPECT POLICE ATTENTION IF YOU PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ALSO PURCHASE METAL POWDERS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
                                Comment |
                                Was this review helpful to you?
                                Yes
                                No
                                I thought, it can be that dangerous can it, then realised it was for potassium nitrate and not sodium, it is cheaper though, so.....

Comment

Working...
                                X