Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spent the day sanding the footboard and side rails for the crib-to-bed conversion I am doing for oldest grandchild. It should be ready for finishing tomorrow.

    Sold 4 1/2 lbs of yellow squash to the resturants. Talked to the owner about sitting down and planning what veggies he wants in what season and in what quantities.... He seemed very receptive to that idea.....

    Harvested several Sungold cherry tomatos. I ate 2 yesterday. I'm not a big raw tomato fan, but I could learn to like these yellow cherry tomatos....... Next year I plant several of these guys, not just 2....

    Comment


    • Good day all!

      They little yellow critters are lush, don't get um that often round these parts, but when they do appear.....

      I'm sure I read once (it was a while ago) that toms were originally yellow and got GM'd to red to make um look better, not sure of the validity of that mind!

      How's the YAYOG going? Just started it again for a few cycles, and I know i'm alive!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
        Good day all!

        They little yellow critters are lush, don't get um that often round these parts, but when they do appear.....

        I'm sure I read once (it was a while ago) that toms were originally yellow and got GM'd to red to make um look better, not sure of the validity of that mind!

        How's the YAYOG going? Just started it again for a few cycles, and I know i'm alive!
        To be completely honest, I have fallen off of the YAYOG bandwagon during the last 2 weeks and been run over.... Not that I don't like the routine, I do, but other "life forces" (garden demands, wife demands, sleep demands etc) have gotten in the way of my exercise. I am still running the long distance, so I'm not a total sloth and I have more than 3 toes...

        Comment


        • Thee casn't do it all, what with the grandkids kipper conversion as well!

          Some places around here having sloth feet digits ain't the problem, it's having too many, especially in some of the more rural areas!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            Thee casn't do it all, what with the grandkids kipper conversion as well!

            Some places around here having sloth feet digits ain't the problem, it's having too many, especially in some of the more rural areas!
            tiz true.... I've only had the crib for 2 years.... why rush in to it! lol....

            The upside of many digits is counting to more than 21 and keeping your pants on.....

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              tiz true.... I've only had the crib for 2 years.... why rush in to it! lol....

              The upside of many digits is counting to more than 21 and keeping your pants on.....
              A good job takes tempus, sniff.....

              True, in the far reaches even with a mitten as well!!

              Comment


              • I love when DD speaks a foreign language in the morning.

                Glad the bed is coming along. One of my prized possessions is a step stool my grandfather made for me. My youngest now uses it to admire himself in the bathroom mirror.

                I've recently missed a few of my BW workouts due to time constraints as well. Next week I am back to it.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  I love when DD speaks a foreign language in the morning.

                  Glad the bed is coming along. One of my prized possessions is a step stool my grandfather made for me. My youngest now uses it to admire himself in the bathroom mirror.

                  I've recently missed a few of my BW workouts due to time constraints as well. Next week I am back to it.
                  Is that the Bristolian or the Latin, lol!

                  I ended up missing a few workouts early last week, due to being away/travelling and stuff (went to see Neil Young & CH and then conversely Bon Jovi)! In the past I would beat meself up over it, but just called it a recovery week, and jumped back into it this week, don't fret it!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    Is that the Bristolian or the Latin, lol!

                    I ended up missing a few workouts early last week, due to being away/travelling and stuff (went to see Neil Young & CH and then conversely Bon Jovi)! In the past I would beat meself up over it, but just called it a recovery week, and jumped back into it this week, don't fret it!
                    I think it is the combo that turns me on...I'm a language teacher after all.

                    I'm not worrying, but I don't want to lose ground.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                      I think it is the combo that turns me on...I'm a language teacher after all.

                      I'm not worrying, but I don't want to lose ground.
                      That and loss of motivation.... it's kind of like physics.... a body at rest tends to stay at rest...... (not that I rest all that much) but once the "cycle" or routine is broken, it is hard to get back in the groove again..... That could be said for diet as well....

                      Comment


                      • Amen. Luckily, since I am off for the summer, I have time to ramp things up. However, in the classic catch 22, if I don't start off the summer right, I could end up accomplishing absolutely nothing. It has happened in the past.

                        I need to write out some summer goals. Being unscheduled is a problem for me. I have plenty of home projects to work on in addition to self improvement.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          I think it is the combo that turns me on...I'm a language teacher after all.

                          I'm not worrying, but I don't want to lose ground.
                          Wow!

                          That's the trouble, it gets lost faster than it gets found, have to admit only had a week off and I'm aching like at the mo!

                          Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          That and loss of motivation.... it's kind of like physics.... a body at rest tends to stay at rest...... (not that I rest all that much) but once the "cycle" or routine is broken, it is hard to get back in the groove again..... That could be said for diet as well....
                          Sagacious words sir!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            Wow!

                            That's the trouble, it gets lost faster than it gets found, have to admit only had a week off and I'm aching like at the mo!



                            Sagacious words sir!
                            Sage is one of my favorite spices......


                            I guess that was a kind way of saying I'm an old fart? lol
                            Last edited by ssn679doc; 06-20-2013, 03:47 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Sage is one of my favorite spices......


                              I guess that was a kind way of saying I'm an old fart? lol
                              What's the saying about you're only as old as the woman you feel......

                              Just bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slow-Fire-Ra...1731938&sr=1-8, will probably get the one you got eventually, but I think this might cater for the complete novice like meself, at first!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                What's the saying about you're only as old as the woman you feel......
                                In that context...
                                Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Just bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slow-Fire-Ra...1731938&sr=1-8, will probably get the one you got eventually, but I think this might cater for the complete novice like meself, at first!
                                I was too scared to click the link.
                                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X