Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh, I have never liked oysters...
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
      Sigh, I have never liked oysters...
      Rock salt. Slurp, swallow. Enter heaven through pearly gates.
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Sigh, I have never liked oysters...
        Nor me!

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        On that analogy, I'm glad I don't.......

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          (Sorry in advance, doc)

I'll gladly slurp and swallow salty things, but oysters would not be my first choice of heavenly appetizers.

(Now this well mannered HS teacher will head off to school to warp some young minds.)
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

(Sorry in advance, doc)

I'll gladly slurp and swallow salty things, but oysters would not be my first choice of heavenly appetizers.

(Now this well mannered HS teacher will head off to school to warp some young minds.)
            lol... I have a feeling your students could probably teach you a thing or two about slurping and swallowing... so I doubts you will do much warping..

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              lol... I have a feeling your students could probably teach you a thing or two about slurping and swallowing... so I doubts you will do much warping..
              Wowzer, you are right about that one! I use my SIL, and by extension her three public-school kids, to keep me informed about the latest harmful and/or illegal and/or completely inappropriate fad. There are a lot. Unfortunately.
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Good day all!

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                Instead of the old ones on 'ere?!

Doc, silly question, but what type of sausage casings would you recommend, or is it a bit of a trial and error job?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  Good day all!

Instead of the old ones on 'ere?!

Doc, silly question, but what type of sausage casings would you recommend, or is it a bit of a trial and error job?
                  Depends on what you prefer. I normally use natural casing, but it is a little more difficult to work with. I prefer it to the collagen casing. The size of the casing also depends on what kind of sausage you are making. Since I don't make bologna (though I have been told I am full of it) I don't use the really large casings. I usually use the 32-35mm casing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    Depends on what you prefer. I normally use natural casing, but it is a little more difficult to work with. I prefer it to the collagen casing. The size of the casing also depends on what kind of sausage you are making. Since I don't make bologna (though I have been told I am full of it) I don't use the really large casings. I usually use the 32-35mm casing.
                    Cheers, I'd much rather use a natural casing, even if it is a bit harder, the collagen ones don't seem right to me!

Will probably get an assortment of skins when me snag maker turns up and have a play, even if a few skins get trashed in the learning process, it'll be worth it, thinking about it, me local butcher might be worth asking to see if he does them!

Comment

• Weekend was prety good. Got alot of work done. The 5 yr old grandson came out Friday night for an overnight stay. On Saturday, I took him out on the tractor and let him drive a bit, sitting in my lap while we cut the grass. He had a blast. the wife made some gluten free cookies, one is a coconut and rasin the other was a fudge cookie. Both were pretty good. Made a peach smoothie for the grandson and his cousin. It was pretty good, but not something I will do alot of.... waaaaay too much sugar in the orange juice and the peaches and cranberry sauce...... A nice refreshing treat....
                      I harvested some red beets, and the wife oven roasted them.... pretty tasty. I pulled some golden beets and she roasted them on Sunday.... oh how frikin yummy! They have the same "beet" flavor of a red beet, but they are sweet. I can eat those... and I think I need to plant some more of them!
                      I also took some rutabaga, peeled them, sliced them thin and fried them in some olive oil. They worked pretty well for a potato substitue for breakfast on Saturday.
                      Harvested my first zucchini this weekend too! And a bok choy that is bigger around than my head.... as well as the first of the Napa cabbage. Looks like the stir-fry season is here!

Sunday was a 6 mile run. It was humid and fairly hot, so I didn't go as far as I usually do. The humidity just sucks the life right out of ya...

This week is gonna be a busy one. I have to make a trip in to town to get some maple so I can make a footboard for a bed for my granddaughter. I made a crib for her and I have a set of plans that convert the crib to a daybed, then in to a twin sized bed. So, I need to get that project done, since they will be here to pick up the bed in a couple of weeks. I also want to make a maple cutting board for my daughter for her birthday. Grandson graduates from pre-school this week too. Add to that my normal egg deliveries, garden stuff... this is gonna be a fast and busy week! Tiz OK.. keeps me off the streets and outta the bars, which keeps me outta trouble with the missuz!

Comment

• That rutabaga idea is a doozy, as I like rutabaga. I have been eating too many spuds lately - they are still a house staple for everybody else in this house, and too easy to eat.
                        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                          That rutabaga idea is a doozy, as I like rutabaga. I have been eating too many spuds lately - they are still a house staple for everybody else in this house, and too easy to eat.
                          I'm learning to like them... have never really eaten them, so any experience with them is a new one...

Comment

• Woo hoo The paella book came in today....... I have read through it, and will go back and flag soe of the recipes that sound interesting to me..... and there are a bunch! There are some simple desserts and tapas as well. Next I take a look at the tapas cookbook. I will have to make a trip to the store and find the right rice and some spices for the pallea. Oh heck, I might turn in to a foodie if this keeps up!

Comment

• For goodness sakes... just don't turn into one of those rigid types that MEASURES things according to recipes all the time.

Throw things at it until it's brilliant!
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                                For goodness sakes... just don't turn into one of those rigid types that MEASURES things according to recipes all the time.

Throw things at it until it's brilliant!
                                I usually use a recipe until I learn the technique, or get the hang of the ingredient mix, then I start playing with the proportions and ingredients etc..... I'm not that rigid.....

Comment

Working...
                                X