Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol... yeah probably so... in which case I bow in your general direction for having the stones to drink it neat....
    Thank you sir, courage I don't lack, wisdom...........

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Thank you sir, courage I don't lack, wisdom...........
      I believe that is a trait of most men..... certainly this one....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post

        All I can say is Jesus H Pussyfoot the III, you could run yer car on the stuff, it's bloody lethal, and I genuflect in your general direction if you managed to see off a bottle of it, might have to get meself some!
        LOL... this is about right.

        There is an American commercial on the telly for the stuff that makes the claim "Smooth as hell".
        Every time I see it I say to husband... Yeah, hell is just about right.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          There is an American commercial on the telly for the stuff that makes the claim "Smooth as hell".
          Every time I see it I say to husband... Yeah, hell is just about right.
          Word!

          Smooth, they'm having a chuckle in um, wouldn't wanna to try the rough stuff then?!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            Yodelling at the great white call box
            OMG, that is so hilarious! I almost snorted my soda!
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

            Comment


            • Just before I went to bed today, the UPS dude/dudette showed up and dropped off a large box. Checking out the box, it was addressed to me and it was from Willaims and Sonoma. I didn't order anything.... so curiosity has got me by the short curlies... I open the box, and inside is a large wrapped box. I realized that this is probably a Fathers day gift,, and not bing one that really digs surprises, I opened the gift. My daughter (and her brother and his spouse, I am guessing ) bought me a paella pan. Darn thing is 17" across..... cool! I was looking at those at Christmas time, but I was going to buy it for daughter, but I don't think she knows that... Now I get to learn how to make paella.... Being a book fiend.. I have already ordered a paella and a tapas cookbook.....

              Comment


              • Good day all!

                Not sure if you've heard of him, but there used to be an English chef called Keith Floyd, he was as mad as a lorry, but entertaining! He done a series call 'Floyds Spain' travelling round the country doing regional dishes and getting larruped on local vino, he was in some village where the locals were cooking a village paella in the local square, on a conservative guess I'd say the dish was about 15 feet across maybe more, it took about 80lb of onions and the same amount of fish/rice to make it and fed about 250, amazing watching them cook it with 8 foot long spatulas!

                Chef Floyd then done a somewhat smaller version in a local kitchen, I was close to licking the TV screen, it looked that lush!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  Good day all!

                  Not sure if you've heard of him, but there used to be an English chef called Keith Floyd, he was as mad as a lorry, but entertaining! He done a series call 'Floyds Spain' travelling round the country doing regional dishes and getting larruped on local vino, he was in some village where the locals were cooking a village paella in the local square, on a conservative guess I'd say the dish was about 15 feet across maybe more, it took about 80lb of onions and the same amount of fish/rice to make it and fed about 250, amazing watching them cook it with 8 foot long spatulas!

                  Chef Floyd then done a somewhat smaller version in a local kitchen, I was close to licking the TV screen, it looked that lush!
                  Nope, never heard of him... but he sounds like an interesting fella.... may have to see if he has any cookbooks out....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    Nope, never heard of him... but he sounds like an interesting fella.... may have to see if he has any cookbooks out....
                    I've got Floyd's India, which is a good read, the first half of the book is a tale of the actual trip before the actual recipes.

                    Keep meaning to get more of his stuff though, you'll find most of the books he's got out, he's got a glass of something in his hand on the cover!

                    He started out in my fair city with a number of restaurants, many years ago and reeled from one disaster to the next, alas he died a few years ago, virtually skint, (I believe) but jeez he lived his life!

                    Comment


                    • Doc, Being a Spanish teacher, I am all for Paella. It's a very Primal friendly dish with a myriad of variations. I received a set of smaller paella pans for Mothers Day myself a few years ago. That reminds me that I have not made it in a while. Maybe this weekend...Nope can't have rice on W30. Next month will have to do.

                      Enjoy your new toy!
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                        I've got Floyd's India, which is a good read, the first half of the book is a tale of the actual trip before the actual recipes.

                        Keep meaning to get more of his stuff though, you'll find most of the books he's got out, he's got a glass of something in his hand on the cover!

                        He started out in my fair city with a number of restaurants, many years ago and reeled from one disaster to the next, alas he died a few years ago, virtually skint, (I believe) but jeez he lived his life!
                        Sounds llike a fine upstanding individual.... not that I don't trust non-imbibers...... I'm a whole lot more "familiar" with those that do!

                        Don't we all just reel from one disaster to the next? I think that is the nature of life.... she can be a cold hard mistress life can... and in the next, be sweet and savory.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          Doc, Being a Spanish teacher, I am all for Paella. It's a very Primal friendly dish with a myriad of variations. I received a set of smaller paella pans for Mothers Day myself a few years ago. That reminds me that I have not made it in a while. Maybe this weekend...Nope can't have rice on W30. Next month will have to do.

                          Enjoy your new toy!
                          Is it difficult to make? I have a vague idea what it is, but have never made it myself. Will probably have to cook it on the grill as that is the only cooking surface I have that will generate an even heat under the pan....

                          Comment


                          • Time consuming, but not difficult. Different areas of Spain have different traditional Paellas. By the sea, paella is full of shellfish. Inland rabbit, chicken, and duck are commonly used. Then there is the mixed type that has both. Hence the need for a book.

                            Tapas are awesome too...

                            Once you work on your technique, I'll have to come for a visit....you know, to check out your skills. : )
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                              Doc, Being a Spanish teacher, I am all for Paella. It's a very Primal friendly dish with a myriad of variations. I received a set of smaller paella pans for Mothers Day myself a few years ago. That reminds me that I have not made it in a while. Maybe this weekend...Nope can't have rice on W30. Next month will have to do.

                              Enjoy your new toy!
                              Always wanted to learn Spanish, as it's spoken in so many places, got no aptitude for languages though, not including school I tried learning French (twice) as I go there now and again and for some very bizarre reason Russian, could never get on with them!
                              Engineer/fitter by trade though, so I think it's the formulaic type of mind I've got, my brothers the exact opposite?!

                              Keep strong on the 30, it'll taste all that much better after a 30 day abstinence!

                              Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Sounds llike a fine upstanding individual.... not that I don't trust non-imbibers...... I'm a whole lot more "familiar" with those that do!

                              Don't we all just reel from one disaster to the next? I think that is the nature of life.... she can be a cold hard mistress life can... and in the next, be sweet and savory.
                              Sounds like a fair way to judge a character!

                              You're probably correct there and very philosophical, hoping to reel through a few more disaster before I gets to the sweet!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Always wanted to learn Spanish, as it's spoken in so many places, got no aptitude for languages though, not including school I tried learning French (twice) as I go there now and again and for some very bizarre reason Russian, could never get on with them!
                                Engineer/fitter by trade though, so I think it's the formulaic type of mind I've got, my brothers the exact opposite?!

                                Keep strong on the 30, it'll taste all that much better after a 30 day abstinence!



                                Sounds like a fair way to judge a character!

                                You're probably correct there and very philosophical, hoping to reel through a few more disaster before I gets to the sweet!
                                On occasion I have a couple of neurons fire together, and they form the spark of a thought.... I hasna kilt them all!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X