Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Awesome. I'm glad to know I am not the only one who remembers that sketch.
    "Hated it!" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      "Hated it!" lol
      lmao. It's been way too long since that went off the air.

Comment

• Friday:

What a long day.... but every Friday is a long day. Squats and pull ups today. Finished 3 sets of 25 close squats. Since the weather is windy, kind of rainy, I played with the body weight suspenion trainer I put in the hay shed. I have never used one of these contraptions, and they are harder than they look. I did 4 exercises, sets each at 10 reps per set. Most of the exercises were shoulder/deltoid specific, and they were tired when I was done. I did a modified jack knife pull up, reverse flys, passing one arm pulls, and a gator switch back.... The gator switchback is an interesting exercise. Kind of an alternating high and low fly. Yuo start with you arms extended, leaning back against the handles. Then you pull your arms back until they are even with your body. One arm goes high the other low and then you lower yourself until your arms are extended in front of you then reverse positions. In 1 rep, each arm goes high and low. Interesting exercise, and harder than it looks....

Diet:

B: scrambled eggs w/ shredded cheddar cheese and salsa, coffe w/ heavy cream and butter

L: BAS, 2 hamburger patties

D: boiled chicked thigh

F: 109g (65%) C:28g (7%) P:105g (27%) calories: 1475

Well, I have been taking some BP meds to dump off some of this fluid I retained from my experiment with chicken and beef bouillon.... On Wednesday the scale said I was at 238 and my lower legs looked like tree trunks.... today the scale says 228.2, so I have peed off @ 10 pounds of fluid. OK, maybe a little less because I am burning fat now... ketostix are a mid-range purple.... So, I am now at a weight less than I was when I retired from the Navy in 1999.... wooo hooo!! A celbration is in order.... gonna go do some crunches or push ups or something... eh maybe on Saturday... too tired to celbrate on Friday.
        Last edited by ssn679doc; 02-09-2013, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• Saturday:

No exercise today, well, no PLANNED exercise today. My shoulders got a hell of a workout washing a 14X24 foot chiccken house.... inside and out.... The outside was the worst becasue of the temp and the wind. The inside was realy dirty, and now the house smells like Simple Green..... I hope the birds appreciate a clean house...

Diet:

B: scramblbed eggs and collards

L: steak

D: BAS w/ chickcen breast

S: walnuts, pecans, 3 squares of 72% dark chocolate

F: 140g (59%) C:89g (17%) P:129g (24%) total calories 2059
          went waaaaaay over on all macros and total calories. Was hungry all day.

The other day I boiled a couple of chickens to make some stock. Added celery, carrots, Pulled the chicken out, trained out all the veg and put the stock in the fridge to cool. I pulled it out today and boiled it down by about half to concentrate the flavors. Added about a tablespoon of kosher saltThat stuff turned out great! Much better than bouillon, and hopefully it won't make me blow up like a balloon because of the sodium!

Comment

• Hey There, you need to post your uniform pic in your own journal too. I think it will be good inspiration for you to keep up the hard work, and also give the ladies of MDA another place to "see" you.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
              Hey There, you need to post your uniform pic in your own journal too. I think it will be good inspiration for you to keep up the hard work, and also give the ladies of MDA another place to "see" you.
              Thanks for visiting my page, and for the comment. I did post 2 uniform pics on my profile, but I could post them here as well... Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• Ok.. progress pics here...
                DSCN2038.jpg
                This is the uniform jacket I wore when I retired from the Navy. I took the rating patches and ribbons off to put on another jacket that I wore in 2005.

DSCN2039.jpg
                This is the jacket I wore in 2005.... I can ALMOST fit 2 of me in there....

Comment

• Wow, Congratulations. The side view pic really shows off your progress.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Dang dude, definite progress being made. Very, very nice.

Comment

• ^What they said. Damn, dude, that's farking AWESOME!
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks to all of you for the positive comments. If you continue, I'm gonna have to grease my ears to get outside... your swelling my head! lol

Comment

• SSN - this old multi functional Gwamma says - YOU are LOOKING HOT !!!! Dang ...................... sorry I didn't mean to yell but sometimes you boyz just don't listen to our ramblings !!!!!!
                          enjoy the moment my boy !
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• lol another grandma here and you are definitely looking good. awesome progress!

Comment

• OK... It's official... I am gonna have to get some butter or coconut oil for these ears! Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Comment

• Good Morning, I was curious about your farm. What kinds of animals do you have?

We have had farm animals as pets. We rescued 4 older hens which we had for several years. I got really attached to them. Such personalities. They are all gone now.
                                Currently, we have a male Nubian Goat who wants to be a dog so he can live in the house. He is very loving with me and my husband, but treats my sons like they are his buddies. He tries to butt my eldest all the time.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X