No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin' doc. I am up early this a.m., killing time with my Third. She came down a few min ago with a bloody nose and also a (TMI Alert) pad full of you-know-what as it is THAT time of the month for her...poor thing - blood on her face, blood on her hands, blood... Zombie attack at Crabbcakes Manor! Now we are all cleaned up and watching Netflix cartoons streaming to set her world aright. (She used to faint at the sight of a scraped knee, much less this, so I think we are making good progress.)

Re working in the rain - I like it, too. Have you ever just grabbed a bar of soap and washed up afterwards that way? (Seriously). We have a broken gutter downspout on one corner of the garage, and it works really well for a deluge-style rinse.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
      Mornin' doc. I am up early this a.m., killing time with my Third. She came down a few min ago with a bloody nose and also a (TMI Alert) pad full of you-know-what as it is THAT time of the month for her...poor thing - blood on her face, blood on her hands, blood... Zombie attack at Crabbcakes Manor! Now we are all cleaned up and watching Netflix cartoons streaming to set her world aright. (She used to faint at the sight of a scraped knee, much less this, so I think we are making good progress.)

Re working in the rain - I like it, too. Have you ever just grabbed a bar of soap and washed up afterwards that way? (Seriously). We have a broken gutter downspout on one corner of the garage, and it works really well for a deluge-style rinse.
      no I haven't..... but i was climbing up on an aluminium extension ladder to clean gutter downspouts yesterday..... kinda related.... in an odd sort of way....

Comment

• In my emails this morning was an email from MacPac. This part was interesting. I have no intention of running any marathons or running races but the tips here made sense. Could be of use to you Doc
        Vajin's Top 5 Race Tips | Macpac

Comment

• I regards to washing up under the eaves in the rain... my brother and I used to do so all the time as kids.
          Nekkid of course since we were raised heathens.
          (I was allowed to frolic nekkid a lot as a child, rain or no... heathens I tell you! )
          And then he got struck by a flash of lightening doing so once just after I had gotten inside the door.
          It didn't hurt him too bad, just knocked him out for a min.
          He got flashed again a few years later doing something else... I got to see him lifted off his feet and thrown back that time. Wee!

Washing up out in it is fine in the rain, not the best idea if there is thunder bumpers.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• We never got a long enough storm without a light show for cleaning up that way. Light show was an automatic "get your ass inside NOW" signal. Out here, we don't get enough storm to do anything. We have enough sand storms to shower a herd of Dothraki, though.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              We never got a long enough storm without a light show for cleaning up that way. Light show was an automatic "get your ass inside NOW" signal. Out here, we don't get enough storm to do anything. We have enough sand storms to shower a herd of Dothraki, though.
              lol... If I hadn't started reading the first of the Game of Thrones books recently I'd have no clue what a Dothraki was.......

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                In my emails this morning was an email from MacPac. This part was interesting. I have no intention of running any marathons or running races but the tips here made sense. Could be of use to you Doc
                Vajin's Top 5 Race Tips | Macpac
                Thanks for the tips....

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  We never got a long enough storm without a light show for cleaning up that way. Light show was an automatic "get your ass inside NOW" signal. Out here, we don't get enough storm to do anything. We have enough sand storms to shower a herd of Dothraki, though.
                  yeah... I never claimed to be the brightest crayon in the box.... and its a good thing to!

Comment

• Tuesday was a speed run in to town to drop off some eggs and get back to the farm. I had a run to do.... Ran 4 miles in 4bazillion percent humidity and about 85 degree temps.... needless to say I was a bit damp when I was done.... Then I did my YAYOG workout from Monday since I blew it off yesterday. Did pushups, let me ups, seated dips and let me ins...... man my lats are sore......

Wednesday, it's back lunges, 1 legged romanian deadlifts, squats and something else that I can't remember right off the top of me pointed head.... Hopefully they wont kill my legs like they did last week...

Comment

• so i n YAYOG do you do different body parts different days? BBY just does full body every other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        Tuesday was a speed run in to town to drop off some eggs and get back to the farm. I had a run to do.... Ran 4 miles in 4bazillion percent humidity and about 85 degree temps.... needless to say I was a bit damp when I was done.... Then I did my YAYOG workout from Monday since I blew it off yesterday. Did pushups, let me ups, seated dips and let me ins...... man my lats are sore......

Wednesday, it's back lunges, 1 legged romanian deadlifts, squats and something else that I can't remember right off the top of me pointed head.... Hopefully they wont kill my legs like they did last week...
                        Supermans or something like that? Loves RDL's!

Picked up me Marianski book today, gonna give it a good squint later, happy days!

Take it you can drink the air at the moment than?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                          Supermans or something like that? Loves RDL's!

Picked up me Marianski book today, gonna give it a good squint later, happy days!

Take it you can drink the air at the moment than?!
                          Thanks for the reminder.... Swimmers......

yes, the air was almost thick enough to drink.... too bad it wasn't cider or ale!

Enjoy the book.... lots of good info in there!
                          Last edited by ssn679doc; 05-22-2013, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            so i n YAYOG do you do different body parts different days? BBY just does full body every other day.
                            The "beginner" schedule is Day 1 pushups, dips, let me ins and let me ups. Day 2 is Backward lunges, 1 legged Romanian deadlift, squats and swimmers. Day 3 is a repeat of Day 1. Day 4 repeats Day 2. Those are done for 2 weeks using Ladder sets (1st set 1 rep, 2nd set 2 reps up to 12 reps or "Failure" then back down 1 rep per set in a 7.5 minute time frame for each exercise)
                            The 3rd & 4th weeks are different exercises using Interval sets... I haven't memorized the rest...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              yes, the air was almost thick enough to drink.... too bad it wasn't cider or ale!
                              Utopia!!

Weeks 5 & 6 are supersets, then weeks 7 to 10 are a rotation of ladders, intervals, supersets, tabatas, around push, pull, legs & abs and the every fifth day special of stappers, which is like a metabolic rotation of a push, pull and leg, non-stop for twenty minutes, with minimal rest, which if you go all out is awesome!
                              Last edited by Dhansakdave; 05-22-2013, 02:04 AM. Reason: More info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Utopia!!

and the every fifth day special of stappers, which is like a metabolic rotation of a push, pull and leg, non-stop for twenty minutes, with minimal rest, which if you go all out is awesome!
                                If you say so!.... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X