Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncharted rambling of a Primal mind...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    I think I have a new crush.
    Cor thanks, I'm blushing!

    Great story as well, bloke I know done a similar thing on haloween with a woman in a pub who only had half her teeth, he complimented her on her outfit and make up, when she hadn't dressed up!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Great story as well, bloke I know done a similar thing on haloween with a woman in a pub who only had half her teeth, he complimented her on her outfit and make up, when she hadn't dressed up!
      Dude, you are in England - was this guy also in England, which begs the question of do the English do Halloween?, or was this guy in the US over Halloween?
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
        Dude, you are in England - was this guy also in England, which begs the question of do the English do Halloween?, or was this guy in the US over Halloween?
        He was in England, we've been doing it over here for yonks now, I'm not sure the guy in question would know where the US is!

        Comment


        • Hahaha You guys sound like Mr. Crabs on SpongeBob Squarepants Hahaha.........

          Uh yeah...tough guy exercises and football and steak!

          Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Still sporting a patch are ye?
          BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

          My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

          Comment


          • THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! I mean no that's terrible, but funny, but sad for the little boy, but you couldn't know, it was all in the spirit of the day....where am I?


            Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
            Let me introduce you to my greatest shame.

            I was working for an American company in their London outpost. Many of my co-workers were yanks and I was introduced to the concept of International Pirate Day, or so I thought. Everyone at work had been ah-harrrrring and I had told my two pirate jokes. Each year it just got bigger and better.

            The next day I saw a small boy walking to school with his mum. He was sporting an eye patch.

            I ran towards him and yelled ARRRRRH-HAAAARRRR

            That day at work no one did pirate jokes, I was puzzled. Which day was pirate day? Yesterday! That's odd, because this morning there was a little boy in pirate costume...

            The next day, on the Southbank just next to the Tate Modern, I saw the same little boy, the same mum...the same eyepatch.

            Oh.

            He wasn't dressed as a pirate.
            BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

            Comment


            • No more eye patch as of today.
              I'm not a pirate anymore. *sigh*
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

              Comment


              • Cori dressed as a pirate... The mind boggles. That was more than a swoon by the by.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                B*tch-lite

                Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                Comment


                • Bloody hell- I go on a teeny weeny trip across the divide, pop in here for timeout and looks like I totally missed the party !!!
                  Bloody Gwamma' always late. I am thinking that I might need to get myself a motorized zimmerframe - then I won't be late
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

                  ...small steps....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Cori dressed as a pirate... The mind boggles. That was more than a swoon by the by.

                    Loves it when I gets me a swoon...

                    Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    Bloody hell- I go on a teeny weeny trip across the divide, pop in here for timeout and looks like I totally missed the party !!!
                    Bloody Gwamma' always late. I am thinking that I might need to get myself a motorized zimmerframe - then I won't be late
                    WAVES at Gwamma!!!
                    *but is relieved that I don't have to wave quite as vigorously or for as long as as normal for it to get received because she is SOOOO much closer being on the same continent and everything*
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                    Comment


                    • Waves and hugs back at ya Cori.
                      Just had a lovely meal in the hotel restaurant - watching ice hockey' what a crazy game!!!!!! I don,t think that the zimmer frame would be very welcome on the ice rink!!!!
                      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

                      ...small steps....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        No more eye patch as of today.
                        I'm not a pirate anymore. *sigh*
                        Hope the eye is better..... Arrrrrgh

                        Comment


                        • Today, I worked in the garden and I harvested some spinach, salad greens, kale and lettuce. I recently procured an industrial salad spinner and it came in yesterday. Bigass 5 gallon salad spinner.... it holds a crapton of greens, and spins them dry pretty quickly. It was a lot of fun to use..... AND it's a manual spin model with a crank handle on the top to spin the basket... so exercise while I clean greens! Sweet! lol

                          Looks like there are some peas that are ready to be harvested too.... so I know what I am doing tomorrow... picking peas!

                          Comment


                          • Good day all!

                            Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            watching ice hockey' what a crazy game!!!!!! I don,t think that the zimmer frame would be very welcome on the ice rink!!!!
                            Hope you're having a good one! You could use it as a weapon, they carries one!!

                            Oh and Doc, got that book on makin' bacon and stuff, thing is, its for industrial type amounts of production, like using 20 gallons of water and 14 pounds of salt as a brine, is your's the same and you used some basic arithmatic to lower the ratios, or is if for the making of sensible amounts? Liking the salad dryer.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              Good day all!



                              Hope you're having a good one! You could use it as a weapon, they carries one!!

                              Oh and Doc, got that book on makin' bacon and stuff, thing is, its for industrial type amounts of production, like using 20 gallons of water and 14 pounds of salt as a brine, is your's the same and you used some basic arithmatic to lower the ratios, or is if for the making of sensible amounts? Liking the salad dryer.
                              The Marianski book gives you recipes that you can use per pound of pork belly, so it is scaled for the "single" level of production.... He talks about doing brines, injection method, dry rub, salt boxes... pretty much cover the whole spectrum of processing methods.

                              20 gallons of water is a big assed tub!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                20 gallons of water is a big assed tub!!!
                                Tell me about it, need a sizeable curing room an' all!

                                The Marianski book is now on order!

                                Liking the salad dryer!

                                Cheers

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X