Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jena's Journal...

Post Removed
    Last edited by Jena; 10-19-2014, 07:22 PM.

Originally posted by Jena
    Man, the last few days have been rough. Really rough. Going through some really tough stuff right now and was so exhausted that I have been choosing convenience over quality as far as good goes. Two days. Today was it though. Getting through this crap will not be made any easier by, a. feeling sorry for myself, or b. eating crap. I need my body to be strong and clean eating will do that. It's amazing how life can change in a heartbeat and its amazing how being mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy can keep you prepared for all of it. Good and bad. The non smoking thing was going great, but I did slip yesterday and bummed one from a friend. I feel guilty, but all I can do about it now is not do that again!
    OK. It happened. Get back on that wagon and stay on it. You hear me? This matters. You are getting a poisonous substance out of your body. Stay strong. You can do this.

Comment

There will never be a perfect stress free time to quit. Life always finds more for you to deal with and it is too easy to say I will quit when<stressful situation> is over. That never ends.

Just stay strong and know that there are a lot of people who are rooting for you.

Comment

I hope you had a fresh start today and things aren't so stressful for you. Try not to focus on failing...... try to focus on the satisfaction you get by doing the right thing. I'm rooting for you!
        Height 6'5"
        Heaviest weight: 320 lbs
        Starting primal: 275 lbs Oct 1, 2012
        Current weight: 236 lbs Jan 14
        Short term goal: 230 lbs Jan 31
        Long term: 210 by March?

Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread67022.html

Comment

The old ways aren't going to give up easily, Jena. Stay tough, you're doing an awesome thing! Don't let small failures discourage you, it's all about picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and moving forward. Grok on!

Comment

Hi Jena,
            A wise person once told be just put one foot in front of the other and soon enough your moving forward. What they forgot to tell me was every once in a while you fall down and slide back. Keep facing a forward direction and you will pull through. Back slides are ok and sometimes needed to find the path you might have missed in your haste to move past that which you want to get away from. Long and short of it - keep pursuing what you want and eventually you will get it.
            Cheers!
            “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Comment

Good to know you are getting back on track even though it's with an unintentional egg fast. I had 4 eggs today as well but with a lot of other shit. Keep on truckin!
              Height 6'5"

Comment

*raises hand*

4 eggs for breakfast

Comment

For me lately it has been cheese - not sure why but I am craving it - gave in to temptation this morning and had some with breakfast. Not sure if there is something in it that my body is needing to fight off this cold I can't seem to kick. A little of the Captain isn't a bad thing… a lot of the Captain, well that's a different story.
                  “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

Comment

Wow, that doesn't seem like enough food but if you aren't hungry then why eat. Glad you are back on track... hopefully whatever is stressing you out will be resolved soon
                    Height 6'5"

Comment

Let's hope it's a great moment of pride for you - but even if it is not - move on and over come! It's only a failure if you learn nothing from it!

Comment

Have fun on your trip I'm sure it will be hard to eat primally when others are pouring carbs down their gullet, but hopefully you can stay strong. If not then it's not such a big deal.

Drive safe!
                        Height 6'5"

Comment

Wishing you luck on the job interview!

Comment

Well back at home. Going away is awesome because it makes you appreciate your own place so much more. My comfy couch, my pillows, my blankets, my kitty. I did not do well at all this weekend. I drank, smoked, ate pizza twice and just feel awful. I mean I saw my best friend and her family so it was worth it, but I should've been more prepared. I set myself up for failure. I did resist sugar completely all weekend though (even the bday cake). I think I am just going to drink lots of water and fast for about 24 hours or closer to 36 if I can wait to eat until after work tomorrow night and cleanse myself of this weekend! I also think I am going to cut out the potatoes and fruit for a month or so and just go VLC and see if that increases the weight/fat loss. As far as today goes I am just going to lay around, watch the Lions (lose most likely, effing bums), and cuddle my kitty (he's being super lovey since he was alone all weekend).
                            Ugh. Well it's good to be home. Give your kitty a belly rub for me, I just had to put mine down last week. I miss him, I just pretend he's still here, lol. Congrats on your Lions, but the Bears will own them next week!

Comment

Oh... and I think I am going to attempt making bone broth for the first time this week. Wish me luck!
                              Chicken carcass, 1 carrot, 1 stalk of celery, 1 onion, 12 peppercorns, 1 tsp salt.

Cover with water and simmer for 4 hours.

Strain broth.

Yum!

Comment

Working...
                              X