Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 Year Old Former Bulimic Girl Defying CW (and cooking awesome food)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take care and don't beat yourself up! I "cheated" big time this weekend too, not regretting it except for that it made me feel crappy... but only way to take care of that is to take care of myself and enjoy some PB food!!! (Now I got some pistachios and my Greek friend told me where I can get some real yogurt )

Comment

I'm trying to take it easy, and focus on not relapsing again, as well as getting back on track. I am eating mostly paleo - chicken fried in CO for breakfast with avocado, usually a healthy lunch, but something like seeing "white chocolate macadamia nut" at yogurtland will drive me off the course. Because I will hump white chocolate macadamia nut anything. But as I start school and keep busy there won't be time (or money) for me to veer so dramatically off course things are good otherwise!
      My Primal Journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65788.html

16 years old
      5'5"
      SW: 170
      CW: 162
      GW: 140

Primal since 8/12/12.

Comment

I haven't gotten my herbs yet (no time to drive to Chinatown) but I am currently on a regime of supplements to aid with depression, bulimia, PCOS, and general digestive health as a result of my episodes.
        In the morning I take GABA, l-tryptophan, l-tyrosine, St. John's Wort, high EPA omega 3, and a liver support.
        At night I take zinc, chromium, another fish oil and liver support.
        When my period starts I have to also include a Chaste Tree supplement, and 2:1 calcium to magnesium.

I still feel really disgusting and bloated, and my legs are cramping. I haven't been in my right mind since I relapsed. I'll get my sprints in tomorrow and hopefully go to the gym! I've been trying to include yoga in my routine and downloaded some open courseware to keep my mind occupied. Trying to pay attention to my water and avoid carbs to bring the swelling down.

I weighed yesterday and I'm up to 178. I don't know how that's possible. I'll also be drinking some laxative tea tonight to see if that helps. I'm trying to get back on track :/

I'm really disheartened in general. I feel so icky. Sigh.
        My Primal Journal:

16 years old
        5'5"

Primal since 8/12/12.

Comment

Originally posted by golangrok View Post
          I haven't gotten my herbs yet (no time to drive to Chinatown) but I am currently on a regime of supplements to aid with depression, bulimia, PCOS, and general digestive health as a result of my episodes.
          In the morning I take GABA, l-tryptophan, l-tyrosine, St. John's Wort, high EPA omega 3, and a liver support.
          At night I take zinc, chromium, another fish oil and liver support.
          When my period starts I have to also include a Chaste Tree supplement, and 2:1 calcium to magnesium.

I still feel really disgusting and bloated, and my legs are cramping. I haven't been in my right mind since I relapsed. I'll get my sprints in tomorrow and hopefully go to the gym! I've been trying to include yoga in my routine and downloaded some open courseware to keep my mind occupied. Trying to pay attention to my water and avoid carbs to bring the swelling down.

I weighed yesterday and I'm up to 178. I don't know how that's possible. I'll also be drinking some laxative tea tonight to see if that helps. I'm trying to get back on track :/

I'm really disheartened in general. I feel so icky. Sigh.
          Aw, hon. Don't do the laxatives. Don't go there. It isn't a way to manage weight. If you are constipated, that is another story. Use it for short term issues.

Do you take a probiotic or eat prebiotic foods? I use Florajen3 and like it.

How much EPA are you taking? It can require several grams (5+) for some to make a difference in depression. Better yet, do you have access to wild caught salmon? I think I read you are living with grandma and she won't let you eat a lot of primal foods because she thinks they'll hurt you (eggs, red meat) but you can't argue with salmon! Try to get 1 or 2 large servings of salmon per week.

it can be hard to bounce back from a relapse. I didn't see your relapse so I don't know if it involved purging. I guess I should read before I write. But, since I am lazy, I am going to say: it often took 2 weeks for me to feel somewhat stable after a bulimic episode. It is physically and emotionally taxing. Hang in there.

~Pam
          sigpic
          Age 48
          Start date: 7-5-12
          5'3"
          121lbs
          GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
          Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

I weighed this morning, feeling better after upping my water and I'm back down to 170...it's something at least. Did really well the whole day until our Mexican neighbor brought over homemade tamales, with corn she ground herself. It's a step up from storebought with preservatives and other yuckiness but ughhhh. How do you say no? And they were totally worth it. I'm still trying to settle in but I'm doing a little better everyday. Maybe I'll start writing down what I eat.
            My Primal Journal:

16 years old
            5'5"

Primal since 8/12/12.

Comment

Originally posted by golangrok View Post
              I weighed this morning, feeling better after upping my water and I'm back down to 170...it's something at least. Did really well the whole day until our Mexican neighbor brought over homemade tamales, with corn she ground herself. It's a step up from storebought with preservatives and other yuckiness but ughhhh. How do you say no? And they were totally worth it. I'm still trying to settle in but I'm doing a little better everyday. Maybe I'll start writing down what I eat.
              You went from 178 back down to 170 in 2 days?

Those tamales sound amazing. I saw your other post about them. I used to live next door to an overly generous Italian man who owned a local bakery. Every day he would bring us multiple items. So glad we moved!
              sigpic
              Age 48
              Start date: 7-5-12
              5'3"
              121lbs
              GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
              Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

It's one thing to eat amazing and lovingly homemade non-primal foods, vs having a go at chemical-laden processed crap, for sure! There are times when denying yourself does more damage than just eating the food in question
                Glad to hear you're starting to feel better, keep up with it as best you can If you have to be sneaky about your egg consumption, so be it! lol "No, grandma, this is only my second egg today, scout's honor!"

You can DOOOOOO it! WHOooowhooowhooowhoowhoo!
                My Primal Blueprint Journal

Comment

second on spiralicious I would go for those tamales... wayyyy better than being starving and stuck without any options later in the day and stuffing, or not eating at all (I struggle with both of those).

I forget, are you lactose intolerant at all golangrok? I go for full fat yogurt when I need some digestive help... and I have been needing it while figuring things out the last couple weeks! Fruit seems to be a good option too.

Comment

I might be slightly lacto, I generally avoid dairy but sometimes I have some with no consequences.
                    I've been so DEPRESSED AND LETHARGIC lately. I am literally on the verge of falling asleep all day. Zero concentration, all I can do is watch TV - books are too much work. I don't know what's wrong with me
                    My Primal Journal:

16 years old
                    5'5"

Primal since 8/12/12.

Comment

Doing better, settling in more, still feel fat and gross but I've refrained from relapsing and I'm trying to get out more.
                      My Primal Journal:

16 years old
                      5'5"

Primal since 8/12/12.

Comment

Working...
                      X