Accountability Journal - sarasue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello gentle grokkers,

feel groggy from last night's carb fest - like I stayed up till 3 a.m. But I didn't. I was in bed by 1 a.m.

Stressful day today. Haven't decided if I'll be staying on campus all day or not. We'll see.

No breakfast.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

had just about the most stressful end of the week I've had during my PhD program - due to my PhD program. Luckily I should be slightly less stressed now. Ate a lot of grainy things, though, but my overall hunger was definitely depressed. I gained 4 pounds in 3 days. Probably mostly water weight but I feel like crap. Looking forward to getting back on the wagon.

Brekkie: Coffee, Cream, some special sugar that is 1/2 coconut sugar, 1/2 stevia. I'll work on pushing that back down to zero.

Lunch: Skipped.

Dinner: Friendsgiving. Red wine, white wine, ham, potato, quinoa, squash, spinach, salad, 1/2 piece of bread and butter. Bread pudding, apple pie, pumpkin pie, small slices, but tons of sugar. My friends are awesome!
      Last edited by sarasue624; 11-10-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

today I'm going to have a planned off-plan brekkie due to a piece of homemade bread from a friend. Then I NEED MEAT!

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/coconut&stevia sugar. French toast.

Lunch: skipped.

Early dinner: beef strips w/ teriyaki sauce and mung bean noodle. I hope the beef is ok. It was sitting in my fridge for a few days...

Well, it tasted fine, but it didn't taste good. So I only ate about a third of it (maybe a 6th pound of beef - so not much) and wasn't at all hungry. So I went to the K- wallyworld and wasn't tempted at all by food there or on the way back home. Then when I got home I got out a bag of Heath bars I'd bought for Halloween, sat on my couch and ate half the bag.

Ugh. It makes no sense. I wasn't even hungry.

Full flight of vitamins. First time I had a full flight for a week. (L-Glutamine, Choline, Vit D, Vit C, Calcium, Magnesium, Selenium, Cod Liver Oil)

Everyone around me, including half the people at the conference I was at are sick with a head cold this week and last - I'm not yet, knock on wood! Pounding the Vit. C and washing hands a lot.
        Last edited by sarasue624; 11-11-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

I'm super groggy this morning - wonder if last night's sugar binge has anything to do with that?

Brekkie: Over very easy egg with cream cheese - soupy egg breakfast! Coffee/Cream/coconut sugar & stevia mix - 1 tsp.

Lunch: beef strogonoff beef and gravy over cauliflower mash w/butter and a bit of cream.

If my scale is to be trusted, I just lost 4 lbs in the last 24 hours. WTF?

Dinner: skipped.

Damage from night class: rice krispies treat, bowl of disgusting instant kraft mac and cheese, braunschweiger w/grey poupon on a small little hawaiian sweet roll. - Damage from night class looks an awful lot like dinner, doesn't it!
          Last edited by sarasue624; 11-12-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

My gut is definitely paying for the damage from last night. You would think that I would associate this terribleness to the food that causes it eventually!

Brekkie: Coffee/Cream/coconut sugar & stevia.

Lunch: leftover roast beef with gravy and cauliflower.

Dinner: Carlos out with friends - burrito w/a lot of meat - first time I couldn't finish a whole meal at Carlos in quite a while! Unfortunately after dinner I had liquid calories - a margarita, 2 rum and cokes, half a glass of wheat beer.
            Last edited by sarasue624; 11-15-2012, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

not at all hungry this morning. I'm going to take some deviled ham or tuna salad to eat between teaching classes today.

Brekkie: Cofee/Cream no sugar!

And I forgot to take any food for lunch. Skipped.

Dinner: A can of mandarin oranges and juice (sugar spike), 8 rice crackers with blue cheese, half a turkey thigh, bone broth w/two hawaiian rolls (brought on by the oranges, I'm sure) and butter. Coffee/cream/raw, local honey.

Vit. C.
              Last edited by sarasue624; 11-16-2012, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

not hungry again today!

Brekkie: skipped.

Lunch: rice made with the bone broth from last night, leftover turkey in a thai white sauce with carrots.

Early dinner: Grape-nuts with brown sugar. Ugh. Why do I do this to myself? I have perfectly marinaded steak in the fridge and instead I go for grape-nuts which I HAVE NOT TOUCHED for 3 months! WTF? TeJava.

Late dinner: the rest of the rice with cheese. Coffee/cream. Might as well eat it up. I'll make the steaks tomorrow.
                Last edited by sarasue624; 11-17-2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

will be eating a late brekkie/lunch at a farmer's market today! Hopefully I'll pick up some good food. Not holding my breath about a decent breakfast though.

There was nothing halfway decent for brekkie. So I fasted as long as possible and had a late breakfast/early lunch: 1 slice of veggie pizza on a very thin crust - didn't eat most of the crust - the veggies were plentiful though!

Late lunch: salmon and tuna sushi on rice. - I was quite proud of myself for not giving in to something more fast-foodish while traveling.

Can't-fall-asleep-while-driving snack - a venti frappucino from Starbucks - ie. a sugar bomb!

Late, late supper: my steak, which by now had been marinading for over 24 hours, pan grilled rare cut up with cheese, half an avocado, and salsa on a small sprouted corn tortilla.
                  Last edited by sarasue624; 11-18-2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

Brekkie: Coffee w/almond milk and figs with mascarpone! I feel like royalty today.
                    figgy brekkie.jpg

I'm headed to campus on a Sunday to work most of the day. I expect I'll either be skipping lunch or eating a late lunch. I have more figs and mascarpone and steak and avocado just waiting for me! So excited to be eating like this.

So I ended up on campus until dinner time. Knew I would be once I got into my project, but luckily I had some decent food stashed away in my desk. Lunch: Quinoa with indian veggies in curry.

Dinner: marinaded steak w/half an avocado, salsa, cheddar, and mascarpone. The rest of the figs with mascarpone. Perrier.

All in all a successful eating day! (And I got a lot of work done too.)
                    Last edited by sarasue624; 11-18-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

well, I've been experimenting with ways to shut the whole heavy cream in my coffee thing down. I think it's too many calories - although it is pure fat. I've tried coconut milk - blech. Coconut cream - which was good but I might as well be drinking dairy cream. Black is out. And if I put sugar/stevia in it black I have to put so much in that it defeats the purpose.

hmmmm.

Brekkie: Coffee w/coconut cream.

Lunch: Gorgeously lovely day. Was out on main street and decided to go get some tea in a coffeeshop. Was also getting hungry. There were NO options that were decently primal. I splurged - large chai tea and a grilled cheese sandwhich. Halfway through the sammich I started getting a bit nauseated. I didn't end up eating it all. Then I felt kind of bad afterwards. I'm taking this one as a win - the more bad stuff nauseates me the less apt I am to eat it!

Dinner: Scrounged up 2 lasagna noodles (Dreamfields so - oh who knows the verdict on these. Not primal.). Broke up lasagna noodles, tossed in a can of clams, diced up a tomato, and added a couple large tablespoons of mascarpone. Now I have clam juice in the fridge and am leaving for 4 days... better drink it up quick! But in what?
                      Last edited by sarasue624; 11-19-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

This will be a 2 day update.

On the first day I was traveling so I had an avocado w/salsa before I left - big mistake. Got hungry on the road. Ended up eating a double cheeseburger (with bun) and a mocha shake and a couple handfuls of fries and a couple sips of diet Mountain Dew before reaching my parents' house!

Luckily my mom is expertly primal. Sausage and Swiss chard stuffed pumpkin w/a bit of quark cheese and Perrier for dinner.

Day 2: food making day - we're doing a primal friendly Thanksgiving! Skipped breakfast. Ate leftovers from last night, 2cups of coffee w/cream and maple syrup. Dinner: spaghetti squash w/meat tomato pepper onion homemade sauce w/quark cheese. Went back for 2nds! Perrier.

Are we ready for turkey day tomorrow?

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

Thanksgiving: turkey, awesome primal dressing made with egg and almond meal and chestnuts, apples, craisins, etc. Maple syrup sweetened cranberries, sweet potato, a bit of regular potato, giblets and gravy... uh, some other food I can't remember - all of it primal legal. NO ROLLS. 1 small piece of conventional brandied mince-meat pie. Piece of primal pumpkin pie. White wine, cold duck. Leftovers for dinner. Heavy on the turkey lurkey.

Black Friday: was a bust food-wise as is the day after black Friday since I drove home.

Tomorrow it's back on the wagon for me!
                          Last edited by sarasue624; 11-25-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

if I'm back on the wagon today brunch with the girls is probably not the best way to start! At least we're going to a restaurant that serves local and organic!

Brunch: unsugared coffee w/half and half, two over easy eggs on sweet potato/pepper/onion hash surrounded by 6 fried oysters and a bit of home-pickled relish. 1 small piece of toast - I ripped off the crust. Shouldn't have even eaten the toast at all but really it was 4 bites. Didn't get around all the sweet potato "hash" but it was really good!

All day: nursed a cup of coffee w/cream.

Dinner: shaved ham, 2 eggs, white cheddar, cream, mascarpone in a skillet. I meant to undercook this mix and so promptly overcooked it which led to gritty cheese and hard eggs. So I added cream cheese - because, you know, why not?

Very filling day.
                            Last edited by sarasue624; 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

Brekkie: Coffee w/cream. Unfortunately the coffee I just bought is burnt tasting. Ugh. I'm going to have to find something to sweeten it up! Used stevia coconut sugar. Then had another and used raw honey

Lunch: 3 pieces of bacon (pieces and ends, so not whole) and baked up a cauli pizza frittata thing - which was awesome.

On my 3rd cup of coffee today. Am grading papers. Ugh. However, I did get a roast started in the crock-pot. It should be done, uh, about, 10:30 tonight - which is OK because I have night class.

Must. Get. Done. Grading.

Night class.

Late dinner: pot roast - turned out a bit dryer than usual. 3 bites of pot roast potato, 2 bites of pot roast carrot. Put the rest of the meat back in the pot - dug out the 6 more bites of potato (since it was perfectly done) and I guess I'll let it crock all night!
                              Last edited by sarasue624; 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Hello gentle grokkers,

back to the daily grind!

Brekkie: 1 white, 1 red, & 1 purple new potato chopped and fried up into hash browns in bacon fat and roast drippings under a barely cooked egg. Coffee, cream, raw honey. Dang fine breakfast!

I am so glad the end of the semester is almost here. The schedule I've had this semester has really messed with me. Today was a teaching day again, so no lunch till mid-afternoon. By then I've missed my hunger zone and so am tempted by sugary stuff instead.

Late lunch: 2 rice cakes with almond butter on one and coconut manna on the other, topped with a bit of jam. Coffee/Cream/Honey.

Took a nap immediately after eating the sugar.

Early dinner: Not hungry, but I'm heading into night class. So... pot-roast chili.

Night class stay-awake snack: Rice Crispies treat and a whole coke. It's been a long time since I had a whole Coke, not diet and drank the whole thing. Hmmm. I'm definitely on the sugar burn now!

Came home starving (yep. totally sugar burning) Ate a whole bag of microwave rice with microwave eggplant curry on top. Tasted great. But now it's really late and I don't feel like falling asleep - surely I will feel like crap in the morning and regret my sugar craziness.

Tomorrow I've GOT to cut the rice and not fall prey to the sugar!
                                Last edited by sarasue624; 11-27-2012, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X