No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (Difwiz)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay so yesterday, I had some scrambled eggs with some heavy cream whisked in for breakfast.
    I had 3 slices of roast beef smeared with some cream cheese for lunch, with a few olives and some mozzarella.
    I had some leftover Boeuf Bourguignon that I had in the freezer for dinner. THAT was really good.

Today, I had some coffee for breakfast, and a slice of roast beef at Whole Foods.
    Still thinking of what to eat for lunch. Maybe the last of the Boeuf Bourguignon.
    Difwiz

Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/difwiz

Comment

Okay here is today:

Breakfast - 4 eggs with 3 slices of bacon

Mid-day snack - 1 piece of 86% dark chocolate and one piece 77% dark chocolate (was comparing different brands - had to taste them both )

Afternoon Snack: Some crockpot beef burgundy that I made yesterday. It turned out pretty good given the fact that I just threw some things in, crossed my fingers, and hoped for the best. I have made Boeuf Bourguignon before and know the ingredients for that, so I based this concoction on that recipe, but played with the quantities a bit, and also took some hints from a few online recipes that I saw that used a few different things. I will definitely be making this again because it was so easy and comes sort of close to Boeuf Bourguignon, but my favorite will always be Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon (leaving out the flour of course!).

I have decided to only work on adding 1 of the Primal Principles at a time. I need to work on one at a time to make sure that I am focusing on creating a habit instead of hopping, skipping, and jumping between all of them and not doing any of them well. This first week, I am going to be working on moving around a lot at a slow pace. I usually come home after work, make dinner, and then relax for the rest of the evening. This week, I will be heading to the gym to walk on the treadmill for a little while after work. I know walking around outside would be better, but I need to separate this from my routine at home.

Although I haven't quite gotten to the first day of the transformation in the 21 day transformation book, I am starting my 21-day push tomorrow. I have been including dairy these past few weeks in the form of cream in my coffee and little fresh mozzarella balls. I will be keeping the cream, but cutting the mozzarella balls. Also, with very few exceptions, one of my goals is to have a big ass salad every day for lunch like Mark does. I need to plan ahead so that I have cut up veggies and protein each morning so I can make my salad and not give myself an excuse to eat out. I am not very good at that, but will work on getting better.

I will be posting every night as well (trying to get into a habit of doing this regularly too) to try to log my progress.
      Difwiz

Comment

Today was GREAT!!!!! I have lost 4.6 lbs since the last time I posted my weight on loseit.com (my family is on there and we track our weight loss there) which was 9/18. Not as much as I had hoped for, but I had a week-long trip to visit family and a half marathon in the middle of that, so a net loss of 4.6 lbs is pretty good I think!

Today's food stuff:
        Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs and bacon
        Lunch: big ass salad with lettuce, cucumber, red pepper, walnuts, seaweed, chia seeds, a side of barbacoa from Chipotle, and a dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. It was REALLY GOOD.
        Dinner will be some of that beef burgundy and some steamed broccoli with butter.

I went to the gym at lunch and walked in my vibram fivefingers for 30 minutes.
        Difwiz

Comment

Day 2 of my 21 Day Transformation went pretty well. I had a meeting in the end of town where my gym is and went there after my meeting during my lunch. I did 3 sets of weight-assisted pull-ups and 3 sets of incline push-ups (all in my business casual work clothes, so I kept it pretty tame on purpose). Then I went for a nice stroll in the sun for about 20 minutes around the little area where my gym is (kind of a new "main street" type development with brick sidewalks, benches, grass down the middle of the street, storefronts on the bottom level and condos on top, etc.).

Breakfast: 3 slices of roast beef smeared with cream cheese that had been blended with some yellow mustard (YUM!!!) I will be making this again!

Lunch: a big ass salad like yesterday's, but minus the seaweed, and add Chipotle's grass-fed rBGH-free sour cream.

Dinner: a can of tuna with some mayo (I know, not primal), ketchup (365 organic, but still has some sugar in it, I know), and some mustard.

Still trying to get to the challenge days in the book. Busy days and nights do not lend well to reading.
          Difwiz

Comment

Working...
          X