No announcement yet.

Going Primal.. Coach's Caveman Plan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much, Timothy. I have to admit, I am taking to Primal like a football coach to a whistle

I really appreciate you guys stopping by and giving me the support!

Bulltar LIVES!!!

BTW having a great day so far.. eggs this morning, worked out for the hour.. salad with steak for lunch.. now going to go eat out tonight (steak and salad) around 6.. then going for my first IF!!!

Comment

Ok.. my IF has begun.. As of 6 pm this evening Bulltar will have to do without food. I am hoping to make it to at least noon tomorrow. Depending on how I feel, I may press it to the entire 24 hours. We shall see.

I've had another fantastic day, 100% PRIMAL.. Gonna to try to make it to 7 days all the way primal..

Goodnight all!

Comment

So far, so good. About 15 hours into my IF, and I feel just fine. Just finished training some clients, and about to head to church, and then the family is going eat out afterwards.. I will make the decision then if I will go ahead and break my fast or continue for the 24 hours..

I will listen to my body. So far, so good.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Bulltar has not been able to eat for about 20 hours. He hopes to hunt in a bit and eat in about 4 hours. He feels light, he does feel a bit hungry, but not overpowering. He feels alive!!!!

Comment

Nearing the home stretch now.. approaching the full 24 fast! I feel colder, and just a bit weak.. but not necessarily hungry. I know I've got it licked now.. I'm going to eat a hearty salad and steak in just about 3 hours now.. it is going to be soooo goood!!!

Bulltar lives!!!

Wrap up my first 24 hour IF later tonight!

Comment

Bulltar LIVES!!! It is finished! I have completed my first 24 hour IF.

My thoughts-

I was very surprised how it did not bother me for most of the day. Toward the end - the last two hours- it became a challenge. I was having a hard time focusing, and my mind got a little "foggy" for a while, but then I came out of it.. and right before I ended it, I felt ok again.

At the 24 hour mark I ate a nice ribeye, and salad. I was very, very good, and I felt really good after I had a full stomach. Now back at home I've eaten two small handfuls of almonds, and now I am trying to hold back on eating everything in the house!!!

I am very happy that I have survived it, I look forward to the next day's challenges with my new Primal Life!!!

Comment

Day 6 has begun for Bulltar.. he will begin his day with some intense physical activity (Insanity Plyo Circuit), then he will have a full day. I will be 100% primal today.

Comment

Excellent! Congrats to you! I regularly do 16 - 18 hours fast, and can go longer but I am trying to build mass now so I need a constant supply of fat and protein.

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Congrats on the IF! 24 hours without food is very intimidating when you've never tried it. And it sounds like your body was really exerting itself to keep up your blood glucose at the end. Future IFs should become easier.

Did you try any workouts in a fasted state? I always enjoy those and sometimes they give me a spooky strength for explosive moves. (Grok need bacon -- boar must die!) What's weirder, after an hour of mild-to-moderate workout, my hunger drops and energy levels increase. Kind of like my liver just released an internal lunch into my bloodstream.

Your story is epic, Bulltar. I look forward to the next chapters!

Comment

Sun- What is your regular fasting cycle, once a week, month?

Tim- Thanks bro it got pretty tough for the last two hours as I remember. Mind got a little foggy, and I had a hard time concentrating. But right before I ate, I felt better. It was quite interesting, and I was very happy to have survived it. It was enpowering to know I could do it.

I did train two clients while fasted. No real heavy lifting, but some pretty solid cardio, had no problems at all for it.

Thank you guys for dropping in from time to time..

Bulltar out...

Comment

My last meal is usually around 6 - 7 in the afternoon, then I go until lunch 11 am each day if I am not working out. So, I guess the answer is about 3-4 times a week. Maybe too much, but it seems to work.

Planning a 24 hour fast starting as of now.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Good luck, Sun!

Kind of bummed out this morning... jumped on the scale this morning, and it appears I've gained about 3 of my 5 lbs back.. guess I ate too much yesterday.. I did eat 100% primal, but I guess I had too many almonds and fruit.. not sure. I was proud of myself, I was very tempted last night to eat some trash at an NBA game that I took my boys to go see (New Orleans Hornets).. thought about popcorn, peanuts, or even nachos.. but I stayed primal, and just said no.

I was really hoping to still be somewhere near in weight where I was this past Friday, so I was a bit disappointed.

Oh well. today marks my first full week with Primal Living!!! I have been 100% on the plan since this time last week. I will see it though for the 30 days!!!

Comment

Congrats on keeping to the primal path! Well done!

Instead of weighing yourself each day try to limit it to once a week - or at least let it count just one day of the week. Also, the tape measure is a much, much more reliable measure of your progress than your weight.

My weight have stayed within 2 - 3 lbs the last 3 months but still I've lost 5 cm (~2 inches) in circumference around my waist. In total since I started 6 months ago I've reduced my waist with a whopping 22% or 25,5 cm (~10 inches).

I am in my 16th hour of my 24 hour fast now. Feeling good.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Yes sir! Bulltar has completed 7 full days of his Primal Quest!

I usually do just weigh-in once per week.. my normal day is Friday.. last Friday I was lighter We'll see where I end up this Friday.

Congrats on your success with PB, I hope I can brag about my own in the coming months!

Congrats on your 24 hour fast.. stay strong! I was fine until the last two hours, then it got a bit rough for me..

See you tomorrow!!!

Comment

Made my own journal, don't want to hog yours http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/showthread.php?6466-Primal-Journal-(Sungrazer)

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Working...
                                X