• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to say about today -- here are my food notes:

Sparkpeople Nutrition Notes for Saturday, September 15, 2012
    CW 191.0

I hadn’t felt well during the night and started the day with tea
    7:30 2 cups tea

Then I really wanted a poached egg on toast, but instead I ate a regular breakfast and felt much better.
    8:00 1 cup coffee with H & H cream
    Scrambled egg with extra yolk and H & H
    2 pieces bacon
    1/2 grapefruit

8:30 Walk with dog and husband
    Then take dog to the kennel
    11:00 Mow lawn
    12:00 3 cups water, 1 string cheese, 3 Brazil Nuts.

1:00 Lunch
    Big Salad:
    Romaine, Tomato, carrot, green pepper, onion, cold pressed sunflower oil, salt, pepper, hard boiled egg, leftover swordfish, lemon juice, leftover topping for the swordfish. Then I sprinkled the rest of the duck cracklings over everything, but the salad was too strongly flavored to taste much of the duck cracklings. I will probably just eat them plain in the future..
    Mixed Kombucha and selzer
    1 cup coffee
    1 square 70% dark chocolate with orange

3:00 1 square 70% dark chocolate with orange
    1 cup water

Did not have to walk the dog since he's at the kennel.

6:00 Leave for Vespers

8:15 Dinner
    1 slice of cold pastured cultured butter
    3 oz. leftover duck with leftover sauce
    onion, carrot, and green pepper simmered in pastured cultured butter
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup avocado cubes with lemon
    1 glass of ice water
    1 square 70% chocolate
    1 square 85% chocolate

1 glass water and supplements

WOD: Walked Dog AM, then mowed the lawn around noon.

Totals:
    9 cups water
    Calories: 1611
    Carbs: 75
    Percentages: Fats: 58%, Carbs: 17.6 %, Proteins 24.4%
    Ruth

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Comment

Sunday, September 16, 2012
      192.4 (Weight is up, but I haven't had a BM in over 36 hours)

Today we went to church in Cedarburg, a town about 2 hours away, because my son-in-law was filling in as priest and brought the granddaughters with him.

At Coffee Hour after Liturgy I had:
      2 cups coffee
      1 spanokopita turnover
      3 stuffed grape leaves
      1 cup water with supplements

I avoided all the sweet stuff!

Then we went to a Brew Pub for Lunch.

I had a large salad with steak, vinaigrette dressing, and potato and some blue cheese croquettes
      also a large glass of beer

After we came home I picked up a Rotisserie Chicken, which we had with stir fried asparagus, butter, sliced tomato, diced avocado. 3 squares of 70% Chocolate for dessert.
      Also a glass of mixed Kombucha & selzer

Then water and supplements

No totals today. I don't track my food on Sundays.
      Ruth

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Comment

This will be my last post in this particular journal. I've been eating mostly primal since the beginning of July, although I only started this particular journal a couple of weeks ago, and at that time I seriously began to limit carbs. I am not losing weight, but I am maintaining rather than gaining, so that at least is an improvement. I'll be going back to my weight loss doctor at the end of this week and using his method, which involves a VLCD for 30 days. I have seen enough comments on this forum to know that the rest of his method is not considered primal (although the maintenance diet following the VLCD can very easily be primal). It is the only method that works for me. I may start another primal journal when I get back into the maintenance phase.
        Ruth

Comment

Just replying from my Android app so I can find this thread on my computer - nothing to see here - move along...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
          Ruth

Comment

Just testing the Link feature - can't find this in the FAQ - if I use the Link Feature, can I type in other words other than the link address and still have the link work? Trying it here:[URL= Google [/URL] I used the e-dress for Google, then typed in the word "Google" leaving the brackets and URL on each side. Let's see if this works

Nope -- it didn't work.

Here's the link -- if I wanted to convert it to a single word, how would I do that?
            https://www.google.com/
            Last edited by Antiochia; 07-11-2013, 08:44 AM.
            Ruth

Comment

That's strange -- still can't figure out this Links feature. Here on my computer screen, the link address did not change into a word. On my Nexus tablet all my words in the above post after the word "here:" show up as the link to the Google address. Any suggestions, anyone?
              Ruth

Comment

Just experimentation here with the Links feature -- Google is https://www.google.com/]here

nope, didn't work.

Try again:
                Google is here

Yay! I see I had to take out one of the two addresses that the links feature contained.

Now to see if I can link to a page in this journal:pg. 1

Wow -- It works! Yay!
                Last edited by Antiochia; 07-18-2013, 08:01 AM.
                Ruth

Comment

Working...
                X