Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner, and I laundered my VFFs today:

primal 001.jpgprimal 002.jpg

I'm still a little bruised from yesterday's epic cycling trip... and, I'm going to try sitting in a cold (!!!) bath tonight.

Comment

I'm so envious of your vibram collection.
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        I'm so envious of your vibram collection.
        Thank you! I'm a bit obsessed with them...

Today's weigh in: 225.6 lbs

Apparently, I just eat too much. Too much fruit ("But it's summer! Figs, and apricots, and peaches, and plums!! They are all so good!!!"), too much meat ("It's grass-fed! I can have a whole 8 or 10 oz chunk - it's healthy!"), and.. um, trying to think of what else I eat.. oh, yeah, too much dairy ("Grass-fed butter? yes! grass-fed cheddar? Oh yeah, put that on my eggs. Greek yogurt with berries? Please!!"). What's really my downfall, though, is probably the nuts.

Macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, and coconut chips. Instead of a "small handful" of this mix, I'll eat about a cup of it. A cup. This is way, way too much. It's no wonder I'm not losing any weight. I might be losing some fat, with all the biking, walking, and other activities I do, cuz my jeans are fitting really nicely, but I'm sitting at a too high number here.

I'm also really feeling like I have to choose - time for fitness, or time for study? I work three days a week, so I can do a little exercise after work (not too much, since I have to go to bed really early) - long slow distance (bike or walk) is Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Well, um, when the hell am I supposed to hunker down and study the damned accounting? I could put all three of those days into just plowing through the materials/videos, and barely pass.

I sat in a cold water bath last night, for about 20 minutes. OMFG. I'm not sure that it helped much with my muscle soreness, but I do know that when I woke up at 11:30 to hit the bathroom, when I came out, I was lost. I didn't recognize my own hallway. I stood there, staring at the kitchen door, wondering where in the hell I was, and where my room was. I've not ever had this happen to me before. In reading the "cold therapy" thread (whatever the name of it is), someone talked about having a memory issue. So, that might be what happened to me... if it happens again after taking a cold bath, I'll have to rethink this tack.

This morning, I've had bulletproof coffee - butter and MCT oil - and nothing else. Usually, I have a full breakfast plus bp coffee. See, I eat way too much. I need to dial it back a bit.

My husband is putting the bike rack on our car now... we're going to be biking a little around Olympia again, though not 50 miles! I'm still a little sore, but a slow leisurely ride will be good, I'm sure.

Comment

I feel ya. I went through exactly this learning curve before - as I was gritting my teeth through another cold shower - I suddenly thought WTF am I doing! Just eat a bit less and within a few weeks changes will happen. Also, not saying this is you, I was really ignorant about the macros of different foods. I tracked for about a month (I can't currently be arsed) and it was a revalation. I also read up on what other women are eating to figure out appropriate amounts.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Good day today - went for a ~ 7 mile bike ride, ate 3 pieces of jerky, and a small asian pear (at our friends' house), and now am eating some salmon (made from a Well Fed cookbook recipe) and green beans (fresh from the CSA box)... very, very low carb day, and I feel great!

Comment

223.8 lbs.

The right side of my back is in some serious spasm. I think I'll not be doing much but schoolwork today.

Today's breakdown of food:

chart.png
              Last edited by RaeVynn; 09-04-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Aww, sorry your back is bothering you! Hope it stops twinging soon!!!
                Never argue for your limitations.

Comment

223.4 lbs.

Woke up feeling a bit better... slept like an absolute rock. I had done the ice pack on the belly fat thing last night while watching Game of Thrones - didn't take a cold shower, though. Maybe tonight.

Comment

223.2 lbs.

I find it amazing that just paying attention to what I eat - I still eat as much as I'm hungry for - and emphasizing fat/protein over carbs - makes me start to drop weight again.

Simple enough for me to do, though I would kind of like to live life without tracking macros. Sigh.

I have schoolwork today - and lots of laundry.

Comment

Eventually you do get more of a feel for things and may find you don't need to track as much. I sometimes log my food and activity to see how I'm doing, but I don't track strictly anymore.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Thanks, Owly.

I'd been tracking for over a year, on myfitnesspal, before I went Primal. I had dropped 60 lbs doing that... and, some years ago, when I dropped 80 lbs, it was by writing everything down. I was creeping slightly back up the scale since going Primal, I think because I was eating "mindlessly"... tracking it makes me eat "mindfully"... and, apparently, I can eat more than 6' tall lumberjacks.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I still log periodically to make sure I'm on track. It also helps with troubleshooting I find, especially if I track things like workouts, mood, cycle, and weight so I can see trends and relationships.
                          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I should get my hubby to track what he eats. He has gained back the 7 pounds he initially lost and when I ask him what he eats he can't tell me everything. I think that going high fat, moderate protein and low carb would be helpful but until I know what he's eating I can't tell if he's getting enough fat. I do know he's eating too many nuts and potatoes.

I'm curious about this cold pack on my belly fat idea. I am going to give that a try. I can't do the cold shower thing though unless its at the end of a hot shower. I like the wake-up call!
                            I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
                            HT: 5'7"
                            SW: 223 June 2012
                            CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
                            TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Comment

222.6 lbs.

I don't know if it was the cold bath I soaked in last night, or that I wore blue light blocking glasses all evening while we watched "Castle", but I slept like an absolute rock!

went for a short ride last night... only 6 miles... but had fun.

Comment

Fun is important. If you have fun doing things, you'll look forward to doing them. If you don't you'll find any excuse to avoid doing it.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X