X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *hugs* Best of luck.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm thinking about what to do diet wise. I know I lose weight well on a low carb high fat diet. Problem is, I can go 6-8 weeks and I then I go off the deep end with binges. I know when I did Body for Life back in 2006, I lost weight the best I ever have in my life. Then when my mom died, I fell off the wagon and I ate like I've never ate before. I am surprised I never ballooned back up to almost 300 pounds. Can you do low or lower carb with eating every few hours? If I eat rice or potatoes, my body tends to want them more and more. I'm thinking those nay have to go.

I really feel I may be dysthymic. From what I've read, I feel like that disorder best describes me. I more than likely have been this way since childhood. I tend to go very anti social. I will do anything to avoid social situations. This would also explain why I've gone through jobs like most go through underwear. I am also thinking I may need to go on antidepressants. I don't believe just doing therapy will help me. I believe my mind is too negatively trained for therapy to do much good. If I can justify that I'm okay being unhappy, I think anti depressants may be my best option. I'm trying to figure out what course of action is going to be best for me.
      Georgette

Comment

• Maybe amino acids ala. The Mood Cure in conjunction with therapy would work. Or anti-depressants. Honestly, whatever gets you feeling less indifferent is a good option. You can always get off of stuff later. The key is paying attention to side effects & keeping up with your doctor so you can get the right dose/medication. I generally feel that SSRI's are a last resort (for me), but whatever it takes is what it takes. I feel like I can relate to the feeling that therapy alone would not be enough. I think of it like this: you need to have the diet/supplement/nutrients to support the changes in your mind. Without the right nutrition framework, all the mental changes you try to enact may not stick. That has been my experience anyway. I think I wasn't able to succeed in therapy in the past because my nutrition wasn't right.

You may want to catch up with what Paula is doing right now. She's doing moderate carb to curb binge behavior and still losing weight.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Is The Mood Cure the book by Julia Ross? I googled The Mood Cure and that was the first link that came up.
          Georgette

Comment

• Yeah, it is.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I took the quiz on her site and holy shit! I scored high in every area listed in the quiz. I'm ordering the book Thursday.
              Georgette

Comment

• For me, meds didn't work for dysthymia. I sincerely hope your case is different.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• I made an appointment with a doctor for the 31st to talk sinuses and depression. I have been hashing some of my issues out with NK and am feeling strangely better. I actually had one of the best nights of sleep in a long time last night. I've actually been perky today which is weird.

I've been talking with my oldest niece this week. I've found out through her that mental illness does run in my family. She has depression and I found out that one of moms sisters was in an asylum for awhile. Found out that she had schizophrenia. My mom and second oldest sister were/are just very angry people. Life did that to them and I know I am really close to being like them. My problem is how to get out of feeling that way. Happiness is hard for me, especially genuine happiness. I have a feeling that will be a constant struggle for me throughout life.
                  Georgette

Comment

• My doctors appointment went well. She put me on clarithromycin for my sinus infection and Zoloft for depression. I feel the Zoloft kicking in. It's strange "feeling" happiness. I have moments of giddiness. I did feel hyper a bit Sunday, but that passed. She also ordered a full blood panel on me and I should get a call with results tomorrow.
                    Georgette

Comment

• I can't sleep. I'm not sure if that is due to the Zoloft, the antibiotic, or the nap I took 12 hours ago, but I can't sleep. I'm tired. It's almost like insomnia. I'm stopping the antibiotic and I haven't had any caffeine since yesterday. I also shoveled snow and ice today.

I got my hair done Friday and I posted a new picture of it on Facebook. Within an hour of the post, three guys that I went to high school basically told me that I was really hot in the picture and wanted to see if I had plans that night. I'm flattered and ticked off at the same time. I'm not sure why they did that, especially knowing I am married. Makes me want to go hide in a bunker and come out an old hairy hermit.
                      Georgette

Comment

• I ended up with 2 hours of sleep. Yet I feel absolutely wide awake. This is the craziest thing ever. I even started with half a pill for the first week. Hell if I know.
                        Georgette

Comment

• I had similar experiences with Paxil. Tell your doctor. That's not the right drug for you.

Sorry about the guys hitting on you. Guys are so dumb.
                          Primal since March 5, 2012
                          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            I had similar experiences with Paxil. Tell your doctor. That's not the right drug for you.

Sorry about the guys hitting on you. Guys are so dumb.
                            I feel good though. It's just the restlessness that's bothersome. I'm going to give it until the end of the month and see. I can deal with that.

Guys are stupid. That's all.
                            Georgette

Comment

• I was only able to deal with it for a weekend and called my doctor. Sleep is important. Other drugs can make you feel just as well without affecting your sleep. Maybe reduce your dosage even more than it already is? Like 1/4 of a pill?
                              Primal since March 5, 2012
                              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                                I was only able to deal with it for a weekend and called my doctor. Sleep is important. Other drugs can make you feel just as well without affecting your sleep. Maybe reduce your dosage even more than it already is? Like 1/4 of a pill?
                                I may try that first. She wants me to take a month and see how it works for me. I'll start that tomorrow and give it a whirl.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X