No announcement yet.

Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint's starting to piss me off. He doesn't think the other job is going to work just because the potential service manager did not get his message. I told him don't give up. Voicemails on cell phones do get dropped. I told him to text the service manager tomorrow afternoon if he doesn't hear from him in the morning. I told Clint he needs to be persistent and positive. When the fuck did I become the positive one?
    Georgette

Comment

• LOL That is good advice. I hope Clint takes it. Throwing away a job over one voice mail is a bit drastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        LOL That is good advice. I hope Clint takes it. Throwing away a job over one voice mail is a bit drastic.
        That's what I told him. This was all via text and I haven't heard anything from him since. I'm hoping he realizes he's being a baby and that karma isn't out to get him. I told him this won't happen on his timeframe and to be patient.
        Georgette

Comment

• I hope the "dropped message" isn't actually an "ignored message" b/c he's been flip flopping... I'd try to contact the manager a few more times before giving up completely. But, if they agreed to pay him $2 more so he'd come work there, then it's probably just a missed message and not an ignored message. What about stopping in on his way home? Can he do that - face to face will probably go over better than a text message.
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            I hope the "dropped message" isn't actually an "ignored message" b/c he's been flip flopping... I'd try to contact the manager a few more times before giving up completely. But, if they agreed to pay him $2 more so he'd come work there, then it's probably just a missed message and not an ignored message. What about stopping in on his way home? Can he do that - face to face will probably go over better than a text message.
            It would actually work better if he went in late to work. They get pissy if he leaves early even though others do this. I may suggest this to Clint.
            Georgette

Comment

• Clint's ready to say the job isn't his. Can I just I really want to kick his ass. He probably has missed out on what could have been a great opportunity because of his fear of the unknown. I suggested that he try doing what Jenn said and I haven't heard back from. He fucked it up, pure and simple. I still want to kick his ass though.
              Georgette

Comment

• I hope he's willing to stop in and ask the question. I find it hard to believe that they'd offer him the $2 an hour and then ignore him. Maybe the manager had an emergency that's kept him out of the office for a couple of days. Or maybe he took a couple days of vacation.

Comment

I hope he's willing to stop in and ask the question. I find it hard to believe that they'd offer him the $2 an hour and then ignore him. Maybe the manager had an emergency that's kept him out of the office for a couple of days. Or maybe he took a couple days of vacation.
                  I told Clint to contact the service manager and see if he could stop in to just clarify that the position is still open and that he is the man they want. Whether or not he does it, is up to him.
                  Georgette

Comment

• I hope he checks into it. It would really suck if he turned down an opportunity for no weekends and all that simply b/c he's assuming he's lost it.

Comment

• Clint and I have seemingly flip flopped emotionally. I, the forever pessimist am now the optimist and he, the forever optimist is now the pessimist. It's odd how that has changed.
                      Georgette

Comment

• lol I think we do that as our insecurities emerge. When Brad is nervous or doubtful, I turn into the positive penny and when I'm doubtful, he's the positive one. I think that's part of our roles as husband and wife.

Comment

• I've always been the more persistent one as it were. I don't really show too many emotions to Clint. I try not to let him know when I'm apprehensive about something. I also typically do not go to him for advice on things either. I probably should be more willing to open up to him like that, I just can't. I tend to rely on myself more than others.
                          Georgette

Comment

• So, did Clint ever check on the job?

Comment

So, did Clint ever check on the job?
                              Funny you should mention that. He had been in contact with the service manager via text and he would always say "I'll call you tonight". Clint never got a call. Tuesday, I get a text from Clint asking me to call him. Called him and he caught the service mgr in a lie. The mgr said he tried to call Clint but the call went to voicemail. Clint never had his phone off and does not have voicemail set up. Clint then told him that he was not interested in the position just due to the lie and with that being said, he couldn't trust him as a manager.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Wow. That's pretty crappy. Why didn't the manager just say "Yeah, man, I'm sorry, I completely forgot to call you" instead of lying about it? I'm not sure I'd be able to work for someone I caught in a lie either. You'd never know if what they're telling you is the truth or an excuse! Good on Clint to stay where he's at. Does he still get the pay increase they promised him if he stayed?

Comment

Working...
                                X