Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I have noticed over the years that in many out of the way places we could only get Rush Limbaugh or country music - why is that!?
    The talk station that Rush is on, I actually do enjoy. Especially the local peeps. I don't really listen to much music unless I'm working out. I was hoping to pick up the Indie Rock station because that signal is only 8-10 miles from work and does come out of Licking County. Couldn't even pick that up. I was not happy. Country music was pissing me off to be blunt. All that shit about love and what not. It really does put me in a sour mood. I did also find that reading Men's Health Magazine helped to increase my pissy mood yesterday. I never realized how much sex talk is in those magazines. Reading about sex and love can very be very depressing for some people and I think I'm one of those.

Last night, Clint and I drank some alcohol and saw the local towns fireworks. As usual, they sucked. I think tonight we are going to see another towns fireworks and then tomorrow night, I think Clint and I are going to see Granville's fireworks and those are pretty darn good. Old money people put on the best fireworks displays. We're grilling brats and hot dogs today and I am making the family corn on the cob. It's what they want, I am not having though. I'm thinking of making a creamy cauliflower rice dish I found on Pinterest. That site is crack. I mean serious crack.

I did find out while at the fireworks that my niece no longer has a cell phone. Since she isn't working, she and her husband can't afford the plan they had with Verizon. He canceled it and got himself a prepaid phone. He told her, "you want a phone, get a job." Which, I can't blame him. He is the bread winner, he can make those decisions. He also told her that if she wants another kid, she needs a job as well. I'm really thinking Katrina(niece) is more than just depressed. I keep wondering if she isn't manic depressive? She keeps telling everyone that they have plenty of money and stuff. Obviously they don't. I think her husband is realizing he married a crazy chick. I know my niece and I know that given time, she will play the Daddy card and convince him to get her a phone. You are able bodied and 24 yrs old. Get off your ass and get a fucking job kid. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if her husband left her. Clint thinks it'll happen sooner rather than later.
    Georgette

Comment

• Feeling rather blah today. The grey clouds and continual rain is not helping matters. I'm at work today and all I want to do is sleep. I've been out of sorts since yesterday. I'm not sure where this is coming from and whether its anger or frustration, but I feel blah as hell.
      Georgette

Comment

• I'm thinking my blahness is from not getting enough fat yesterday. I'm eating my lunch right now which is leftover creamy chicken scampi. I figure if I need something else, I can pick up son caprese salad at lunch. I need to run out to the grocery store to pick up a few things.
        Georgette

Comment

• I was just thinking of something. For those of us who have never been thin since we were little, if there would be someway for us to be able to "see" what we would look like when we hit our goal weights. For someone like myself, maybe that would be a motivator.
          Georgette

Comment

• On top of making laundry detergent, I've added to my repertoire, homemade fabric softener and doggie shampoo. Used the dog shampoo on Bandit and he looks amazing. Tomorrow, I am thinking about starting no 'poo. Wish me luck.
            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
              I was just thinking of something. For those of us who have never been thin since we were little, if there would be someway for us to be able to "see" what we would look like when we hit our goal weights. For someone like myself, maybe that would be a motivator.
              Supposedly, there are apps that do it, but I think they just vertically stretch and then scale it back to the right proportions. A master Photoshopper could do it, I'd wager, but not me. It'd be difficult to account for what muscle and not anyways.
              This isn't completely personalized, but it might get you in the ball park, especially with the visual adjust. For free, it isn't bad.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Thanks NK. I think I'm somewhere in between an apple and hourglass shape. My body is just so awkward to me.

I'm giving no 'poo a try starting tomorrow. For those who do go no 'poo, do you wet your hair on the days you don't cleanse it or what? I've never been able to find anything definitive on the subject.
                Georgette

Comment

• Before I cut my hair so short, I could not wet it on days that I wasn't "washing" it because my water was too hard. My hair would get very grungy. Some people use pre-boiled water to wash & wet, but that was too much work for me. It seems okay with my hair really short though.

I would suggest starting with rinsing on days that you don't "wash" and see how it goes. It'll probably take up to 6 weeks to tell for sure if it's going to work with your water & scalp.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm debating on chopping my hair off right now.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Wait!!! If you still want to do it in a week or then proceed slowly. I hav had such impulses and then, WTF! Makes sure you want it or pay the price of regret

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
                        Wait!!! If you still want to do it in a week or then proceed slowly. I hav had such impulses and then, WTF! Makes sure you want it or pay the price of regret
                        I've had my hair as short as 1" long from a length of just below my shoulders. Even though my hair is fine, it grows quickly. It could be back to the length it is now by October.
                        Georgette

Comment

• What I really want to do is go to one of those salons that specialize in curly hair but it costs $50 for a cut! I plan on going around October and have my hair done before our division meeting at the end of October.
                          Georgette

Comment

• Ugh, can't tell you how many times I cut in haste and repented at leisure. My hair is exactly right right now and still I have days where I need to hide the scissors.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I've been in a perpetual hate/hate relationship with my hair for the past 10 years. I started losing my hair 10 years ago and have always hated it. I did okay when the curls started with my first pregnancy in 1998. The loss of my hair and the baldness have just been too much. I have never cut my hair " in haste" like most women do. I just don't like having the same style for more than 3-6 months and I feel like I have had some version of the same style for the past few years and I hate it.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Don't ask me, I will tell you to chop it off
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X