No announcement yet.

Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't heard from the one company I met with last week yet but hopefully soon. I have also spoken with 2 other companies. At least things are moving in a direction of betterness.
    Georgette

Comment

• Hang in there. Good things are coming
      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
      height 5'3
      SW 215 lbs
      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
      LW 172 lbs
      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• So I've totally ate WAAAAAAAAY off plan all weekend long. I found that 2 tsps of ACV in coffee does help with asthma related symptoms but coffee does a better job. My carpal tunnel is flaring up like a mother. Seriously hurts like hell. This is from eating 2 meals off plan.
        Georgette

Comment

• I think I will throw yesterdays eating into the binge category. I ate soooooooo much it hurts. I keep saying I will never eat like this again, yet I know I will do this again.
          Georgette

Comment

• Today I am doing something more akin to low carb versus NK. I think for the time being, I need higher protein to help me get past the binges. I'm still keeping fat higher than protein, but only within 30g or so. I have my carbs on MFP listed as being at 40g but will still keep them at 30 or less.
            Georgette

Comment

• With my job woes, Clint is having some of his own and it's driving me mad. I'm so scared he's going to walk out on his job and there is not a damn thing that I can say to stop him if he does. I'm just so damn scared that we're going to lose everything and there isn't a thing I can do to stop it. He actually told me Friday that he hopes I find a job soon that makes enough so he can quit his job. Not likely that'll ever happen. I'm not wanting to go back and have that constantly defeated feeling, but I am so close to being there again.
              Georgette

Comment

• Try to hang in there. Both with Clint and with that gal at work. Stress is no fun. I'm sorry I don't have anything more profound to say.

In regard to the interview - if they're introducing you to department heads and supervisors, you're IN! They're not going to introduce a bunch of interviewees and then not hire them, ya know? I think you're golden with this job and just have to ride it out. Maybe drop a message to the interviewer to "check in" and solidify that you're interested in the position. Either email them or call and thank them for the opportunity to meet with them to consider your qualifications for Job XYZ and that you're looking forward to hearing something from them very soon. With any luck, you'd hear something before the week ends.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  Try to hang in there. Both with Clint and with that gal at work. Stress is no fun. I'm sorry I don't have anything more profound to say.

In regard to the interview - if they're introducing you to department heads and supervisors, you're IN! They're not going to introduce a bunch of interviewees and then not hire them, ya know? I think you're golden with this job and just have to ride it out. Maybe drop a message to the interviewer to "check in" and solidify that you're interested in the position. Either email them or call and thank them for the opportunity to meet with them to consider your qualifications for Job XYZ and that you're looking forward to hearing something from them very soon. With any luck, you'd hear something before the week ends.
                  I did that Thursday. I was thinking about calling today, but I don't want to seem too pushy. I am so darn impatient its not funny.
                  Georgette

Comment

• So I did call again yesterday and got voicemail. What a surprise! I just wish they would friggin' let me know what the status is so I can either say sayonara baby or keep looking. I do have an interview for an inside sales position, not sure if that would be of interest to me though. The one I'm interviewing for tomorrow could be a $3 hit on pay or $1 more depending on where they think I would fit. I can't afford another hit. I'm already freaking out over money right now. I almost think I would have been better off going on unemployment for a month or 2 while I look.
                    Georgette

Comment

• A friend of mine hipped me to a job closer to my house with better pay that I am going to send my resume to tonight. She just started with them today and its better pay than where I am at now, closer to home and no weekends. Plus, it puts me back into health care which I thoroughly do miss.
                      Georgette

Comment

• I hope you hear something soon. I hate the waiting game too. I have 5 applications in at a local University/Hospital and two have 'closed' so they're reviewing applications. I'm anxiously awaiting word on one position in particular, but would be excited to venture into any of the other positions I applied for - provided they pay enough. They all listed minimum salaries "to commensurate" which my aunt, who works for the hospital, says is based on experience and education. Since they were "commensurate", I figured I'd entertain them and see what happens. But... that means FIVE job interviews, which means a LOT of time off work, unless I can do ALL the interviews in one or two days... talk about stressful days! Too far away to use my lunch hour for the job interviews.

Anyhow, I wish you luck in your employment endeavors.

Comment

• I heard from the company in question today. Well, at least the company that does background checks for them. I had to call my high school for them to give the year I graduated. I at least know I'm still on the running. I also have an interview with an audiologist group for a patient care coordinator. This company has offices in several states and a woman that I worked with at Aetna referred me to them.
                          Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                            I hope you hear something soon. I hate the waiting game too. I have 5 applications in at a local University/Hospital and two have 'closed' so they're reviewing applications. I'm anxiously awaiting word on one position in particular, but would be excited to venture into any of the other positions I applied for - provided they pay enough. They all listed minimum salaries "to commensurate" which my aunt, who works for the hospital, says is based on experience and education. Since they were "commensurate", I figured I'd entertain them and see what happens. But... that means FIVE job interviews, which means a LOT of time off work, unless I can do ALL the interviews in one or two days... talk about stressful days! Too far away to use my lunch hour for the job interviews.

Anyhow, I wish you luck in your employment endeavors.
                            If they're private sector, you should be looking at higher pay. However, typically, the benefits at university/hospitals are so good, they outweigh the pay. Good luck to ya!
                            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              If they're private sector, you should be looking at higher pay. However, typically, the benefits at university/hospitals are so good, they outweigh the pay. Good luck to ya!
                              The University of Iowa is a state university. It's a teaching hospital. HUGE college campus and HUGE hospital campus. It's also where I had both of my kids.

Thanks for the luck.

And FINALLY... you shared the name of the insurance company... lol I think we might have some kind of dealing with them, but it's through Brad's employer and I'm not sure what coverage they offer us. Maybe dental? I got an explanation of benefits from them the other week but didn't look at it.

Comment

• I didn't work on the dental side. I worked HMO National Accounts. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I rarely dealt with irate members which was nice. Most of the complained about Obamacare which would have me laughing because in my head I was agreeing with them. I love how I can now actually argue against it with people on the street now and win points.

I know someone who works for The Ohio State University and she has amazing benefits. Free education, extremely low cost health care, 24/7 access to campus workout facilities, you name it. If she had kids, their college would be discounted to 75% off. She's tried to talk both Clint and into applying but neither of us want to join a union.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X