Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 577022_351829451601091_1005772402_n.jpg

That is my mom. Today is the 6th anniversary of her death. One of my sisters posted this pic of her last night and I started having a hard time with it. I cried for about 40 minutes last night. In this pic, I realized that I most definitely look like my mother. No denying it. Love ya, you crazy lady.
    Georgette

Comment

• Can definitely see your Mom's face in yours! Do you have something you do to recognize this day? Sometimes a ritual like making a favorite food or burning a candle to mark the significance helps.

Comment

• Thinking of you today Geo. Mom's have incredible influence on our lives both good and bad. Making our peace with that and their loss is incredibly difficult.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't have anything special that I do on this day. We were never like that in my family. It's just another day really. I haven't been up to the cemetary in years. I wanted to go up today, but didn't have the time.
          Georgette

Comment

• Just wanted to report that my interview went very well today. The manager I met with also had me meet with one of the supervisors in the department and he wanted me to meet with a few others but they were in meetings. The manager told me that he was giving my application to HR to go through the background check, etc. Hopefully I'll hear something by the end of the week.
            Georgette

Comment

• That's good news! I met with a bunch of managers when I interviewed at my current job, didn't realize how good of a sign that is until later. My supervisor wanted to give me the job as soon as he had my resume.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• The manager I met with told me that you can usually tell if someone is a good fit within the first 30 seconds to 1st minute of meeting them. I spoke with my MIL on the way home and she used to work in HR and said that this was a very good sign for an interview.
                Georgette

Comment

• I ate totally off plan this weekend. A lot of SAD and I feel crappy. I've got a headache. I'm having reservations about being able to keep up with NK and my current job. I never would have thought that a data entry position would be more stressful than working in a health insurance call center. Hell, I want back in that career. That is what the company I interviewed with today does.
                  Georgette

Comment

• I'm stressed beyond belief. So much so my stomach is in knots and I'm rocking headaches like you wouldn't believe. I did eat a small taco salad for dinner and that's it. I almost got into an argument with one of my supervisors today. She started ripping me a new one because I made a mistake. I told her that considering this is the first one I've made in the almost 3 weeks I've been there, that's pretty good. She told me that they expect perfection from everyone. This is why I am stressed. You tell me this and I totally start second-guessing everything I do. I've decided that if I don't get the job I interviewed for yesterday, I am going to continue looking. I've also decided that if I do get the offer from the company yesterday or any other company, that I will leave during lunch on a Friday and not come back. It's totally not worth the stress to me.
                    Georgette

Comment

• I am so sorry Geo! You need to find another place. Perfection is absurd. People make mistakes and putting that kind of stress on someone just increases the mistakes. Like you I feel like I screw up everything and always have but we are not perfect. Nor is your supervisor. I am quite sure she has made here share of mistakes. Try to relax, remind yourself that you are human and you are doing the best you can. You can do this! Don't let someone else's stupidity derail you
                      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                      height 5'3
                      SW 215 lbs
                      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                      LW 172 lbs
                      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• I applied to 4 other jobs this morning. I'm feeling like I need to do whatever I can to cover my ass right now. Sleep was restless to say the least. Both my pillows ended up on the floor. This is the worst I've ever been stressed before.
                        Georgette

Comment

• "Expect perfection?" Really? What a buncha horse shit. Show me a "perfect" person by their definition and I'll shoe you a deity or a liar.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            "Expect perfection?" Really? What a buncha horse shit. Show me a "perfect" person by their definition and I'll shoe you a deity or a liar.
                            Well talking with another supervisor, apparently it does seem that the one that gave me a verbal does have it out for me. Makes me feel like I should do what I need to get out of there and not look back.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Agreed. No one needs that kind of B.S. Just do what you got to do. Anyone that is so miserable they have to go after others will get their own punishment.

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              Well talking with another supervisor, apparently it does seem that the one that gave me a verbal does have it out for me. Makes me feel like I should do what I need to get out of there and not look back.
                              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                              height 5'3
                              SW 215 lbs
                              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                              LW 172 lbs
                              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Sounds like that person feels threatened by you. Best to find another place to go.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X