No announcement yet.

Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I walked for 27 minutes around the hilly 'hood I occupy. I wanted to get out before the rains hit. The NB Minimus shoes do pretty well, except for the few slick spots I encountered. Going to hop in the shower in a few minutes and get ready to head to the BMV for my close up, Mr. DeMille.
    Georgette

Comment

• Happy birthday! May the coming year be everything you hope for.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yes, I hope it is a great birthday and an awesome year Geo.

Comment

• Happy name-giving day! Hope it was a goodun

Comment

• Thanks y'all. Tomorrow is the actual day. I'm just going today cause I don't want to drive the Lincoln when there is snow on the roads. It's huge, rear wheel drive and knowing my luck, I'll end up in a telephone pole. No one wants to end up around a telephone pole on their birthday. I'm praying for a snow day so I can just stay in bed tomorrow.
            Georgette

Comment

• Happy Birthday!!!!!

27 miles?!?!? You are a beast, that is so far!

Thank you for the pizza recipe in my journal, I am going to make that soon!
              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Kymma View Post
                Happy Birthday!!!!!

27 miles?!?!? You are a beast, that is so far!

Thank you for the pizza recipe in my journal, I am going to make that soon!

Aha, you misread that. I put 27 minutes, not miles. If I walked 27 miles, I would've started 9 hours ago.
                Georgette

Comment

• I'm making the crispy carnitas for dinner. I will post later to let y'all know how they turn out.
                  Georgette

Comment

• I was thinking that was ridiculous, pre-coffee eyes!
                    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Alright, I want to skip my birthday tomorrow. I don't want to turn 37, I want to skip right through to March 7 and be done with it. I'm not sure why, I just get this feeling that tomorrow isn't going to be a good day. I'm going to be stuck with the girls tomorrow(more than likely due to the storm) and all I really want is to be alone. I don't even want Clint to be here, the dogs, the kids, no one.
                      Georgette

Comment

• I made the crispy carnitas that Mark posted last month and 2 changes I would make is to add a tbsp each of chili powder and cumin. Also, cooking them in the oven 3 hours made them somewhat dry, still tasty though. Next time, I'll cook them 2.25-2.5 hours so they'll be more tender. When I made them, I increased the chili powder and cumin to 1.5 tbsp each and I like more spice in foods. The family loved them. It was a great change to Taco Tuesdays in house.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          I made the crispy carnitas that Mark posted last month and 2 changes I would make is to add a tbsp each of chili powder and cumin. Also, cooking them in the oven 3 hours made them somewhat dry, still tasty though. Next time, I'll cook them 2.25-2.5 hours so they'll be more tender. When I made them, I increased the chili powder and cumin to 1.5 tbsp each and I like more spice in foods. The family loved them. It was a great change to Taco Tuesdays in house.
                          I made the carnitas a couple of weeks ago and added more chilli powder and cumin... when it was all done, it kind of reminded me of a pulled pork barbeque sans sauce, so I started refering to the carnitas as mexican pulled pork.... tasty, nonetheless

Comment

• Happy birthday, chica! I hope this day and year are everything you want them to be.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Happy Birthday for real this time. I hope you can find some contentment today.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                I made the carnitas a couple of weeks ago and added more chilli powder and cumin... when it was all done, it kind of reminded me of a pulled pork barbeque sans sauce, so I started refering to the carnitas as mexican pulled pork.... tasty, nonetheless
                                Whenever I go to Chipotle, I always get the carnitas. A friend of mine who is 1/3rd Mexican got me hooked on them. Seriously, amazingly delicious.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X