No announcement yet.

Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still going to my interview on Monday morning with the temp agency and also applied to another company as well. I would rather cover all my bases than feel like I shot myself in the foot .
    Georgette

Comment

• Friday evening was rather rough for me. I can't really find a way to describe the events that unfolded, it just did. All I can say is that a great friendship ended and I ended up wanting and eating a small pizza. I was lucky that I was only able to eat half of it. I probably would've ate the entire thing. I ended up gaining 5 pounds from half a small pizza. It was delicious though. I felt like hell an hour after eating it. Periodically throughout the weekend, I have had some bouts of emotional eating. Nothing really bad, just some pepperoni and cheese. Clint's been trying to cheer me up and I've really not wanted a damn thing to do with him. Luckily, he's visiting a friend right now, so that helps. C'est la vie.

I forgot to mention that I am going to join the gym in town tomorrow. And I bought a pair of New Balance Minimus shoes. They were originally $99 and I got them for 30% off. Not a bad early b-day gift to myself.
      Last edited by geostump; 03-03-2013, 01:14 PM.
      Georgette

Comment

• Sorry about the lost friendship. I understand the urge to turn to food. It seems as if you are gaining control again, so that is good.

The gym often makes me feel better. I have NB Minimus shoes too. They are excellent.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• The shoes are kind of strange at first. So fitted to the heel and bottom of the foot and loose around the toes. I'm not used to that yet.

The friendship ending was not anything that I had control over. It was eventually going to happen. It would have just been better for me if I would've ended it rather than the other person.
          Georgette

Comment

• Background check came back with no issues from the new employer. I go in Thursday and do my drug screen and new hire paperwork. I will have Sundays and Mondays off (yay!) and will work Tues-Thurs 9am-close and Sat 8am-close. Close is anywhere between 5:30-6:15pm. I'm pretty happy with those hours.

I'm drinking my coffee right now, then heading up town to get our gym memberships and will start working out afterwards. Clint wanted me to wait until after he got off work, but with Tristan and Heather having their eye appointments today and not knowing how long it will take for them to pick out glasses, I just figured it would be best to go this morning and get it done.
            Georgette

Comment

• [QUOTE=

I'm drinking my coffee right now, then heading up town to get our gym memberships and will start working out afterwards. Clint wanted me to wait until after he got off work, but with Tristan and Heather having their eye appointments today and not knowing how long it will take for them to pick out glasses, I just figured it would be best to go this morning and get it done.[/QUOTE]

Workouts wait for no one! I have missed too many opportunities waiting for some one else and then lost my chance!

Comment

• Congratulations on the new job!
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• The gym in town is apparently closed so it looks as if I am working out at home today. Grrrrrrr
                  Georgette

Comment

• You seem better this morning. I hope you come to love your gym as much as I love mine.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Just got a hit on my resume again. I'm considering calling this place back. The money could be way better than what I am looking at on this job.
                      Georgette

Comment

• I am so glad that you have lots of job options. It allows you to take one and then take another if it works out better for you.

I hate that a friendship ended, one of mine did too from the husband job fallout. In the end, I feel like I am shedding things I don't need. The food is just the old way of coping while I practice a new way. Thankfully, I think the belly ache may cure me this time. Yuck!
                        My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• I've never gotten hits on my résumé like I am getting now. It's actually quite interesting to say the least. The job that I was just contacted on is almost $3 more an hour than what I've just been offered and has benefits starting day one. The downside is having to work second or third shift with working one weekend day a week. Clint would hate it but the girls would be ok with it. I just feel better with keeping my options open
                          Georgette

Comment

• Survived the Walmart Vision Center with 2 out of 3 of my girls. Came out not too badly scathed. Tristan and Heather both needed new glasses and with the exam, it was cheaper than least years exam with insurance at the old optometrist. Looks like Walmart wins yet again. Curses you big box stores!!!!!

I got the family Wendy's for dinner and I ate some leftover creamy shrimp scampi(mostly the sauce and veggies) and a chicken thigh from last night. I'm really working on getting more fat in so it worked out perfectly.

Looks as if we are in a winter storm warning starting at 11AM tomorrow through 1PM Wednesday. Curse you evil weather gods!!!! A snow storm on my birthday?!?!?!? FU all to hell.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Happy Birthday! It sounds like things are picking up. I am so glad. And I agree you should explore all job opportunities. Don't pass anything up! Yea GEO!!!!!!!
                              You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                              height 5'3
                              SW 215 lbs
                              CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                              LW 172 lbs
                              GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• My husband is against me looking into this job just due to it being a second or third shift position. Right now, I'm looking at it as more money and its something that I could make a career out of if I wanted to. All he wants is for me to quit work after Oct and be a SAHM. Not my cup of tea. With all the changes in the world now, that isn't even feasible.

I've noticed that I'm really tired right now. I also have no desire for sex whatsoever. It's the last thing I want to do. I don't even want to be touched. I keep wondering if this is the beginning of menopause?
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X