No announcement yet.

Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figure not being grey wont hurt you but being grey could, so I would go with a blondish color and then use a streak type touch up later to allow the grey to come out more naturally if that makes any sense to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      You could theoretically go both ways on it. Use a demi or semi permanent. It'll wash out eventually (20 washes, I think?), but you won't be grey (or as grey) for the interviews. It also won't hurt your hair.
      Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
      I figure not being grey wont hurt you but being grey could, so I would go with a blondish color and then use a streak type touch up later to allow the grey to come out more naturally if that makes any sense to you.
      The last time I colored my hair was back in October. I'm a natural dark blonde. The length is just a touch lighter than my roots then the greys in office lighting look white as hell and they are becoming more and more prominent. I have to use permanent hair color and that doesn't really cover the greys. I get my hair color from Sally's. I'm kind of thinking maybe I should have it done professionally?

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      On a similar note...tattoos. I want a tattoo on the inside of my wrist, just below my hand. I am unsure if this will kill me in job interviews, though I suppose the long sleeved shirt would cover it. Thoughts?

my apologies for changing the subject Geo...everyone, answer Geo's question first (or answer this one over in my journal)
      I really don't think tattoos are too much of an issue anymore unless its a neck tat. Seriously those things are just bad to employers.
      Last edited by geostump; 02-21-2013, 08:52 AM.
      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
        I really don't think tattoos are too much of an issue anymore unless its a neck tat. Seriously those things are just bad to employers.
        I was thinking of getting, "Hire me. I am not a serial killer, honest!" on my forehead, but can you believe they want $100 for that?!

kidding and thanks for the reply No chance of a neck tattoo.

Comment

• I would think so long as it can be covered and isn't obscene (just in case your sleeve moves), it shouldn't be an issue, Canio.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

I swear, I have this cramp in my lower left hip that makes sitting and standing difficult to say the least. I can feel it pulsing and I have come close to passing out over the pain a couple of times. The only time it feels decent if I am walking. I keep punching it to get it to stop but that isn't helping. Advil isn't working either. Christ.
            Originally posted by geostump View Post
            I have found that standing in the Capt. Morgan pose helps immensely. I think its the pressure that helps.
            Originally posted by geostump View Post
            The cramp did eventually go away. It went away magically after my visit with my chiro last night. He got on me about cracking my lower back and hips and I told him when the Russian Circus is in town, all my pain was in that area and that is why it was so out of whack. Felt better within 5 minutes of being there. I'm still thirsty as hell though from last night. Weird. I did drink 36oz of water after leaving the chiro.
            Sounds like a pinched sciatic nerve - something I am all to familiar with and consequently have a monthly chiro appointment for today. YAY! Normally, I have pain on my right, but today I had pain on my left. It throbs and shoots down the back of my leg. Does your chiropractor do any kind of Active Release Techniques or Laser therapy? Mine does both, but I've only had ART done. ART hurts like hell, but does wonders for nerve pinching.
            Primal since March 5, 2012
            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I also don't tell Brad when I'm feeling blue or low. I tell you guys, but I don't tell him. Same reason - he'll hover and try to make it better and it'll just annoy the hell out of me.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                I also don't tell Brad when I'm feeling blue or low. I tell you guys, but I don't tell him. Same reason - he'll hover and try to make it better and it'll just annoy the hell out of me.
                That's what Clint does. It's like he's a father hen(can't call him a mother...well maybe I could ). I don't even like people aking care of me when I'm sick. When we got home from the hospital after my ablation, he didn't leave my side until he went to work the next day. Grrrrrr
                Georgette

Comment

• Damn us husbands and our caring about our wives' well being.

I get your point though

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    Damn us husbands and our caring about our wives' well being.

I get your point though
                    I think there is a fine line between caring and hovering and for some reason men seem to hover and women seem to do what they need to do to make you feel better then just leave. That at least has been my experience with illness/pain.
                    Georgette

Comment

I think there is a fine line between caring and hovering and for some reason men seem to hover and women seem to do what they need to do to make you feel better then just leave. That at least has been my experience with illness/pain.
                      Perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                        Sounds like a pinched sciatic nerve - something I am all to familiar with and consequently have a monthly chiro appointment for today. YAY! Normally, I have pain on my right, but today I had pain on my left. It throbs and shoots down the back of my leg. Does your chiropractor do any kind of Active Release Techniques or Laser therapy? Mine does both, but I've only had ART done. ART hurts like hell, but does wonders for nerve pinching.
                        The pain was in my upper left hip. I have no clue what you mean by Active Release Techniques. I can presume that they use lasers?
                        Georgette

Comment

• I'm the type of person that when I'm sick, just leave me alone! Don't talk to me, don't look at me, don't touch me. I think that since I was taking care of myself when I got sick from age 9 and up, I just prefer this.

Ok, so back to hair. Since I typically get my hair color at Sally's and DIY and even permanent color doesn't color the greys, would it be better to spend the money and have a salon do it?
                          Georgette

Comment

• Hmmm... probably, at least the first time so you can get their "recipe."
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm thinking about seeing if they can take me back to my roots and highlight it. Maybe even something different cut wise. I could just tell the to shave it all off lol. Then, I could have Carol's look from The Walking Dead.
                              Georgette

Comment

• I just received a call on my resume in regards to a position through a temp agency as a sales rep in the Verizon store in my town. I deleted the message. I am probably the worst sales person known to mankind EVER.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X