No announcement yet.

Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm out of ideas... I hope things turn around soon for you.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Like I said, until November hits we're pretty much stuck like this. I have a friend that sells insurance so we may look at going through him to get a decent rate. It may still be a bit higher but not nearly as badly as we used to have.
      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
        Like I said, until November hits we're pretty much stuck like this. I have a friend that sells insurance so we may look at going through him to get a decent rate. It may still be a bit higher but not nearly as badly as we used to have.
        What if you set aside a certain dollar amount a week to cover the policy and paid quarterly or something? We get a discount for paying "less often". We pay quarterly and I set aside the money monthly (ours is lower in cost as we don't have medical issues - yet - Brad will likely develop them if he doesn't change his ways) to cover it so it's not a huge amount all at once. I know it would still be a stretch given your circumstances, but it's an idea to entertain at least.
        Primal since March 5, 2012
        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          What if you set aside a certain dollar amount a week to cover the policy and paid quarterly or something? We get a discount for paying "less often". We pay quarterly and I set aside the money monthly (ours is lower in cost as we don't have medical issues - yet - Brad will likely develop them if he doesn't change his ways) to cover it so it's not a huge amount all at once. I know it would still be a stretch given your circumstances, but it's an idea to entertain at least.
          Right now, everything hinges on whether or not I have a job.
          Georgette

Comment

• In regards to A Good Day to Die Hard. That was an awesome movie!!! Seriously good. Yippey Kiyae MotherF@ckers!
            Georgette

Comment

• Question for those of you that go to the chiro. I had my first adjustment yesterday and I was exhausted within an hour of it being done and I kept getting progressively meaner throughout the day. I didn't have any of the soreness he told me to expect afterwards. Has anybody else experienced this? Oh, btw, he was hawt!
              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                Question for those of you that go to the chiro. I had my first adjustment yesterday and I was exhausted within an hour of it being done and I kept getting progressively meaner throughout the day. I didn't have any of the soreness he told me to expect afterwards. Has anybody else experienced this? Oh, btw, he was hawt!
                I never have, yet I have a friend that swears she gets meaner and angry whenever she has a massage or a chiro visit. She attributes it to released toxins. Whether this is true or not is not in my lane, but she says it is true. I always feel great after either one.

Comment

• I can't say I ever got bitchier. I tended to hurt like hell for a few hours afterwards though.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• Make sure you hydrate very well afterwards. I often feel tired.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yes, definitely hydrate. My old chiro (the one I saw as a kid) always told me to hydrate after. Something about what's released with the joint cracking? If I'm sore after, I usually feel GREAT the next day. Yeah, I definitely feel kind of tired though.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Sorry things are so hard Geo. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things get better soon! Just try to keep going and believing this too will end.
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                          I never have, yet I have a friend that swears she gets meaner and angry whenever she has a massage or a chiro visit. She attributes it to released toxins. Whether this is true or not is not in my lane, but she says it is true. I always feel great after either one.
                          Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          I can't say I ever got bitchier. I tended to hurt like hell for a few hours afterwards though.
                          It was weird. I was in a great mood on the way there. Caitlyn and I were listening to the radio and singing along to it. It was awesome when we started singing to Journey's Don't Stop Believing. Within about 10 minutes of leaving, I felt bitchy, tired and just generally pissed off at the world. I'm going to ask the chiro about that when I go back Wednesday. I had no soreness whatsoever. Maybe the bitchiness replaced the soreness?

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                          Make sure you hydrate very well afterwards. I often feel tired.
                          Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          Yes, definitely hydrate. My old chiro (the one I saw as a kid) always told me to hydrate after. Something about what's released with the joint cracking? If I'm sore after, I usually feel GREAT the next day. Yeah, I definitely feel kind of tired though.
                          How much water would you suggest one drink afterwards? My appt is at 5:20 so most of my water is already drank by that point.
                          Georgette

Comment

• I'm not sure of the amount. Pre hydrating is good too. Try for at least 8oz after heading for 16oz.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Another odd thing I have noticed since going to the chiro, my nose doesn't seemed to be nearly as stuffed. It's really weird.

For lunch today, I went to Chipotle and ordered a salad that had lettuce, fajita mix, carnitas, guac and sour cream. Ate half of it and am still full. Saving the rest for tomorrow at lunch. We're having steak for dinner tonight so I plan on enjoying that.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010
                                Yes this is true Def agree on the water too.

I am sorry things suck so bad right now, I am thinking of you, and hope something improves ASAP. x
                                Can I please ask that no one says that they are sorry that things are so bad for me right now? It only makes it worse for me and I tned to think on the negative. Maybe I should stop making posts on crap like that.

To go along with what I just put here, I have a friend that I tend to go to when I have issues and it's male. Well I just got a text message from him saying "I hope you are having a gentle day." I wanted to ask him how a day can be gentle? If I would have said that to him he would've asked me if I were depressed. He did anyways. Well, he said that he worries about me because I seem to be depressed periodically. I said I have not met one person who doesn't go through periodic bouts of depression. I think its actually typical for people to go through this, especially during the modern age. I'm going to admit that yes, I am a major screw up and it's just something that I have to learn to deal. I vent here because I really have no where else to vent to. If it comes across as woe is me or depression, I'm sorry. I don't feel depressed. I'm just venting.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X