• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Thinking of you today.
    Thanks P! Thinking of you too.
    Georgette

Comment

• Had my interview. I'm not sure what way to say I think it went until I hear something. I'm kind of on edge right now because the recruiter that I interviewed with told me that on my resume, I didn't have the full start date on it. She said she would correct it, but !%#^*#@%#W& $^@&$*! I am just a bit mad and I hope that doesn't keep me from getting the in person interview and the job altogether. I'm fighting the urge to cry, scream, go home and just plunge myself head first in junk. I know with some companies, that's enough for them to say "sayanora baby". The recruiter said the next step in the process is the phone interview and they'll call or email me. I just hate playing the waiting game.
      Georgette

Comment

• ooo, rats, have some tea and take a bath with some gentle music. You don't want to be strung out for the interview when they call. You got this, use PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) or The Secret if you prefer. While in the tub, listening to nice music, with lovely candles burning, decide you have it, envision how wonderfully the phone interview is going to go, put as much life, color, and detail as you can. We are all pulling for you.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I was going to ask if you have a favored method for relaxing or calming down. What's done is done, and it can be hard to wait and be calm, but your options are freak out or do anything else. Which would you rather?
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Me and relaxing are like fire and gunpowder. It causes a nasty reaction. Usually, once I'm upset, I'm upset until I know the total outcome. I'm already beating myself up over this. All I can do is sit and wait and see what the outcome is. I've been like this since I was a kid. Mom used to tell me all that time that I would worry myself to death and most of the time, I think she's right.
            Last edited by geostump; 02-13-2013, 02:01 PM.
            Georgette

Comment

• "Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy."
              Leo Buscaglia

But I am a worrier too, so I am here worried about you.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• This is the deal about where I work at(where I hopefully will get hired on), I have applied there 4 times, each time I've been unemployed and never got hired on. I was hoping that starting as a temp would be my jumping point for this company. I'm hoping it still will work, but you never know how a stupid flub on a resume will affect you. This is why I hate spell check. I am typically, my own spell check. I've decided that I am just going to up the fat a bit, I've already had 2 slices of cheese and am drinking a coffee with coconut cream. Seriously, coconut cream is crack. I got it at TJ's last night. The reason I mention that is that I cut my thumb on the edge of the can. OUCH!!!!! Then on the opposite thumb, my nail broke. Oy! What a day!
                Georgette

Comment

• Trader joes coconut cream is awesome!! I made chocolate mousse out of a can today! It's a bit thick but totally yummy.

Sorry to hear your having a less than stellar day, hopefully the fat helps (as it usually does me) and for what that can't fix I strap on my boxing gloves and give my punching bag hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Neanderthal Betty View Post
                    Trader joes coconut cream is awesome!! I made chocolate mousse out of a can today! It's a bit thick but totally yummy.

Sorry to hear your having a less than stellar day, hopefully the fat helps (as it usually does me) and for what that can't fix I strap on my boxing gloves and give my punching bag hell
                    Maybe I need a punching bag? Maybe I can talk Stumpy into getting one with me and helping me with it. I've never punched anything so that may help me out?

Stumpy and I are going out to dinner at a local bar. They have salads, but I'm not in a salad mood. Actually considering getting these potato skins stuffed with pulled pork on top and call it a day. They sound delicious right now and I could make that a meal for myself. Right now, my mind is still somewhat in it's bad place, but slowly getting better.
                    Georgette

Comment

• I love my punching bag, I've found it to not only be beneficial but also therapeutic. If you deal with pent up aggression, unresolved anger, have difficulty expressing yourself in high stress situations (etc) a punching bag could work out very well for you too. Not to mention it's a phenomenal total body workout!

Normally you can find them for under 80.00.

The wonderful thing about a punching bag is that it is something that you CAN hit. It's a positive outlet for many things

Comment

I love my punching bag, I've found it to not only be beneficial but also therapeutic. If you deal with pent up aggression, unresolved anger, have difficulty expressing yourself in high stress situations (etc) a punching bag could work out very well for you too. Not to mention it's a phenomenal total body workout!

Normally you can find them for under 80.00.

The wonderful thing about a punching bag is that it is something that you CAN hit. It's a positive outlet for many things
                        I actually think I am the only person who has never punched anything. I know shooting a gun is a great stress relief, I've done that before. I am one those people that do the pent up anger thing. I have done that for ages.
                        Georgette

Comment

• I totally agree with you on the stress relief that comes from shooting a gun, I should get to the range one of these days.

With that, and even the punching bag the key element is the release of endorphins. As someone that has many negative ways of releasing endorphins (hitting walls for example, but there's more) the punching bag has actually become a positive one

Comment

I totally agree with you on the stress relief that comes from shooting a gun, I should get to the range one of these days.

With that, and even the punching bag the key element is the release of endorphins. As someone that has many negative ways of releasing endorphins (hitting walls for example, but there's more) the punching bag has actually become a positive one
                            This is totally true. Hey, what is your chocolate mousse recipe and was it good?
                            Georgette

Comment

• It was very good, and simple. A bit rich so I would plan on it making about four servings (I accounted for two, and it's a bit much)

All it is, is a can of coconut cream (drain off the water) then you take 5 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa and whip it together ( you can use a fork) then sweeten it a bit with a little bit of maple syrup or other sweetener( I used just a tiny bit) and add in a little vanilla extract, mix it all together and your set. You can put a dollop of coconut cream or thickened coconut milk on top if you so desire.

If its not as thick as you like, you can leave it uncovered in the fridge for a few hours and it will thicken more

Comment

• Sweet! Thanks NB!!!

Ok, so I am never eating fried mushrooms again. I am bloated as hell.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X