Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
    I'm beginning to think I have allergic pink eye. Dammit. Not like I have the money to go to the doctor right now. I've been pulling mucous out of my eye all afternoon and it feels like there is still something in it. I'm so frustrated right now.
    The Similisan "irritated eye" stuff is their pink eye stuff. Works the best on me, other than the actual antibiotics.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Oh yuck. Sorry, Geo.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Not sure what you have available in the US, but here I can get Polysporin opthalmic (eye) drops over the counter in any pharmacy for not too much. I used to keep it on hand when the kids were in daycare. Not expensive, and works every time for pinkeye.

If you wear mascara, you need to toss the tube you're currently using and don't start a new tube until the symptoms clear, otherwise you'll just keep reinfecting yourself.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• I ended up going to a minute clinic and have pink eye and a stye. I'm on erithromyicin gel for it. I didn't wear any make up today. Should I still toss out my tube if I haven't worn it since yesterday?
          Georgette

Comment

• I'd say yes, to be safe. Don't throw out the gel when you're done! I think I still have a tube that's a few years old haha. I'm one of those people that risks expired medications though.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Yes to tossing the mascara worn yesterday. You may have been brewing something already. And yes to keeping the erythromycin gel. Just be careful to not touch it to your eye when applying.
              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Glad you got it taken care of. I used to get terrible pink eye a couple times a year when I worked in a Preschool.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I haven't had it since 1980 and haven't been around anyone with it. I'm still leaning towards it being allergic pink eye. Still going to the chiro this morning though. The doc said after the first dose, I'm allowed to be around others.
                  Georgette

Comment

• I've decided that I am just throwing all my make-up(it's all eye stuff anyway) and will get new next week. Not like I can wear it now, so why bother. Just pisses me off. Not going to the chiro today. My head hurts way too much and I just want to sleep. Going to make breakfast and head back to bed.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Har22tman
                      I will more than likely have a thermal ablation done in the next month. Which would be amazingly awesome!
                      Really? Piss off spammer
                      Georgette

Comment

• The pink eye moved into my right eye. Good thing she gave me enough ointment for both eyes. Going to the chiro next Saturday,
                        Georgette

Comment

• The eyes are looking way better than they did yesterday. The stye is gone. My left eyelid is no longer puffy. What a relief. Made a sausage gravy this morning that kicked ass! It's a pound of sausage, a pint of half and half and half a block of cream cheese. Brown and crumble your sausage, add in half and half and let come to a boil. Add the cream cheese, let melt, stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add a little S&P and eat. Had it over a scrambled egg this morning and it was awesome!
                          Georgette

Comment

• Kind of nervous about going without makeup over the next week. I'm going to look incredibly pale. This should be interesting.
                            Georgette

Comment

• Eyes are mostly cleared up. Pretty much no longer red. I woke up and they were still a bit gunky in the morning. Going to still use the erithromycin until I no longer have gunky eyes.

Made dinner this morning which was chicken cordon bleu casserole. I'll post the link to the recipe when I get home but it looks amazing. Still trucking along with the EMF.
                              Georgette

Comment

• it sure sounds good. Can't wait to see the recipe.

Comment

Working...
                                X