No announcement yet.

Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I slept last night. Still feel like hell but I slept. I'm half tempted to leave early so I can go home and sleep. I basically feel like hell now and am starting to ache. I'm barely caring if I make it out of bed to shower and get dressed. That is how tired I feel.
    Georgette

Comment

• Glad you got some sleep. I went to bed at 8pm last night and still woke up after 8 hrs feeling tired.

How are the migraines etc.?
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        Glad you got some sleep. I went to bed at 8pm last night and still woke up after 8 hrs feeling tired.

How are the migraines etc.?
        I can feel one trying to come on. My body is yelling at me telling me I should sleep but I'm trying to make it through at least lunch before I decide if I should stay or go home. I also feel as if I have no idea what I am saying to people, so that is even making my day more interesting.
        Georgette

Comment

• I left work at lunch. Going to eat something then go lay down for a few hours. I hate being likes this but there isn't much I can do. I was talking to members on the phone and they could barely hear me. Every other person I spoke with kept asking me to raise my voice and I barely could. If I was able to, I was practically yelling(at least in my head it was yelling). I'm chalking this up to the lack of sleep from the other night.
          Georgette

Comment

• I keep wondering if something is wrong with me. My sleep is shit, been having a lot of migraines/headaches, feeling nauseous in the mornings, my appetite is either like, fuck yes, food! or dude, no way in hell am I eating that. I just ate half a large pizza and still feel hungry.
            Georgette

Comment

• I have no solution for migraines, unfortunately. I get them from time to time. You can get pills to take that will eradicate one when you feel it coming on, but doesn't do anything once a migraine sets in. I forget what the drug is called (I got it as a prescription).

Some paleo folks have said that supplementing magnesium regularly helps.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• I already take magnesium. I think the drug is called imitrex. My sis is on it and I work for a health insurance company.
                Georgette

Comment

• I have the one you're talking about, Tasha. I carry it in my purse. Unfortunately, all I've found as a migraine remedy is a cold, dark room.
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

• I took a 3 hour nap yesterday after I got home and had lunch. Slept another 8 hours at 9pm and feel totally wide awake today. My neck hurts but I can deal with that.

Just got a text from Clint saying that he saw either a shooting star or an asteroid coming towards Earth this morning. He's telling me that it didn't seem too far away and I'm trying to explain astronomy and how the curvature of the Earth can affect sight. Doesn't seem like he wants to listen to me.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Well, some people believe that an asteroid is coming just in time for the Mayan calendar thing. (cue spooky music)
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        Well, some people believe that an asteroid is coming just in time for the Mayan calendar thing. (cue spooky music)
                        I think that is why he sent me the text. The ironic thing is that we read an article in (614) Magazine about this and the article states that if we were going to be hit by an asteroid that would be an extinction event, we would have known at least 1-2 centuries ago about this.

In funny news, I was putting a curl sealer(gel) in my hair this morning and I accidentally put conditioner in my hair. Started grumbling under my breath about it and Clint laughed at me. Both come in tubs so it was easy to get them confused. Corrected the problem. I have essentially been no poo for about a month now. The cleaner I use for my hair is called a cleanser. It has no agents in it that cause it to lather up. I only use regular shampoo when I straighten my hair and the shampoo is diluted with a lot of water. My hair is way softer then its ever been.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Found out from Clint that the asteroid is supposed to pass Earth tonight. He thought we would get to see it, but apparently the west coast will be the only ones to see it. I actually told him it was wrong that he was more excited to see an asteroid versus his own child's band concert. He didn't say much after that. Right now, all I want to do is get past the 21st and not want to punch him in the D.
                          Georgette

Comment

• Yesterday at lunch, I was eating a salad and almost gagged while eating it. I will take this as a sign that my body is telling me no more salads. This is when I get dangerous with food. I start to want things that are bad for me and its a downward spiral. I know I need to be more creative with food, but since I am throwing stuff for lunch together last minute, I make the easiest thing and salads seem to fall into that category. Any ideas?
                            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              Right now, all I want to do is get past the 21st and not want to punch him in the D.

Ds everywhere thank you.

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              Any ideas?

I'm a fan of hard boiled eggs, egg salad, tuna and the like. Leftovers are good too if I can ever remember to leave anything

Given that I usually eat what I cook, for a while I was cooking two things - dinner then a piece of meat for the next day's lunch. It worked well for a while. I paired it with the veggies from dinner, as strangely enough I never seem to run out of those. It worked because my brain said, "See, you can't eat that because it is not for dinner." Where as if it were the same as dinner then, well, lets just have another piece of chicken...

Comment

• So, I may be making some extra money this weekend. Clint looks as if he is pimping me out...for my Buckeyes!!! And you all thought it was something naughty didn'tcha? One of the guys he works with wanted my buckeye recipe. Clint told him that the recipe doesn't leave my brain but for $20 I could make him 80-100.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X