Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Georgette Redux: A new primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If that doesn't improve the sleep, I'd seriously talk to her. I know she said a month, but you can't go a month without sleep. Insomnia because of a drug should not be accepted. At least, *I* wouldn't accept it... but I'm comfortable with bugging my doctor about med changes if there's something I don't like. I did it for 7 years before I finally said to hell with drugs. Good luck to ya.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



    Comment


    • Part of the problem with yesterday is that when I shoveled snow, my asthma kicked in and I had to drink a cup of coffee at 4pm to get my breathing under wraps. I think that may have ultimately threw everything out of whack.
      Georgette

      Comment


      • Gah! One of my sisters is an asshole. It's nothing new, she's always been one. I posted something funny about people with bad handwriting being intelligent. I have bad handwriting. She puts a comment like "Sorry, your wrong." I responded with, "I agree to disagree". She hasn't said anything more yet, but she will. I need a new sibling.
        Georgette

        Comment


        • I forgot to add that I am at my highest weight since I lost 70 pounds back in 2006. I'm at 244. I was at 200 pounds in September. I have never gained 44 pounds in a 3 month period. The doctor ran labs, everything was within normal ranges. I haven't seen numbers and I want to see them. Could this be from when I was on prednisone in November? I feel that stress, depression and prednisone caused the weight gain. I still don't have a plan of action. I'm kind of half assing things with diet. I feel like shit because hardly any of my tops for, but I refuse to go shopping. I can't find anything that I feel looks decent on me. I sometimes think that maybe if I had more people outside of family that I spent time with, maybe they could help me figure out something clothing wise. Life makes it difficult as hell to have friends. Most of my friends are Clint's friends and I wouldn't ask them to go with me. For the most part, I stick to myself and don't bother others.

          I'm not so sure Zoloft is helping me. Yes, I did cut back the dose to half a pill. I am sleeping better, but I feel kind of meh. I go back on the 24th to talk with the doc to see if it's helping. I am considering upping it to a full pill come Saturday. We shall see.
          Georgette

          Comment


          • My lab results were just posted online. They are as follows:

            Glucose, Serum 102 65-99 mg/dL
            Cholesterol, Total 192 100-199 mg/dL
            Triglycerides 71 0-149 mg/dL
            HDL Cholesterol 62 >39 mg/dL
            VLDL Cholesterol Cal 14 5-40 mg/dL
            LDL Cholesterol Calc 116 0-99 mg/dL
            TSH 2.310 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL

            I am happy with my cholesterol levels. Those are pretty good. The blood glucose could be a bit lower but I will take it and from what I researched, TSH could be borderline low. I guess I will find out on the 24th if the doc thinks I should be on anything.
            Georgette

            Comment


            • Your TSH is not low. It has a inverse relationship. A high TSH may indicate low thyroid hormone production. A low TSH may indicate high thyroid production.

              How long have you been off the prednisone? Prednisone can impact glucose levels and thyroid.

              If you are concerned about thyroid I'd ask for free T4 and free T3 to be tested. Those tests would give a clearer picture of your thyroid function.

              If glucose is a concern the an HbA1c test would be helpful by looking at your average BGL over 3 months.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                Your TSH is not low. It has a inverse relationship. A high TSH may indicate low thyroid hormone production. A low TSH may indicate high thyroid production.

                How long have you been off the prednisone? Prednisone can impact glucose levels and thyroid.

                If you are concerned about thyroid I'd ask for free T4 and free T3 to be tested. Those tests would give a clearer picture of your thyroid function.

                If glucose is a concern the an HbA1c test would be helpful by looking at your average BGL over 3 months.
                I've been off prednisone since the end of November. Where would you my thyroid is then? Do you think it is something I should be concerned with?
                Last edited by geostump; 02-11-2014, 04:27 PM.
                Georgette

                Comment


                • Originally posted by geostump View Post
                  I've been of prednisone since the end of November. Where would you my thyroid is then? Do you think it is something I should be concerned with?
                  I don't like looking only at TSH for determining thyroid function as it is a pituitary hormone that signals the thyroid to release hormones. I like testing actual thyroid hormones.

                  It seems your lab uses old normal references range(.45-4.50). In 2003 it was recommended that the normal range be changed to (.3-3.0) Given that reference range your TSH is at the higher end of that range. However it is important to note that TSH can flucuate up to 3 full points in a day.

                  My question is, Are you experiencing symptoms of thyroid disease?
                  Hypothyroidism Risk/Symptoms Checklist

                  If you are, then I'd recommend getting free T4 and free T3 tested.

                  I can't say if you should be concerned. I will say that if I were you and had/have been taking prednisone, multiple times and/or over a long period, I would stay aware that prednisone can impact thyroid. If I had symptoms of thyroid disease I would definitely get free T4 and free T3 tested.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                    I don't like looking only at TSH for determining thyroid function as it is a pituitary hormone that signals the thyroid to release hormones. I like testing actual thyroid hormones.

                    It seems your lab uses old normal references range(.45-4.50). In 2003 it was recommended that the normal range be changed to (.3-3.0) Given that reference range your TSH is at the higher end of that range. However it is important to note that TSH can flucuate up to 3 full points in a day.

                    My question is, Are you experiencing symptoms of thyroid disease?
                    Hypothyroidism Risk/Symptoms Checklist

                    If you are, then I'd recommend getting free T4 and free T3 tested.

                    I can't say if you should be concerned. I will say that if I were you and had/have been taking prednisone, multiple times and/or over a long period, I would stay aware that prednisone can impact thyroid. If I had symptoms of thyroid disease I would definitely get free T4 and free T3 tested.
                    The only symptom that popped up was the autoimmune disorder. I was diagnosed PCOS in 2007 even though I've been told it is a very mild case.
                    Georgette

                    Comment


                    • I am thinking I may be finished with MDA. I don't feel like I have anything more to add or take from here. I'm tired of worrying about my weight. My mind and body are too wired for stress to make a decent weight loss even possible. I'm embracing my inner fat chick and moving on. I'm learning how to accept her and love her and, it's making me feel happy. I may come back periodically for a visit, but this is my closing post. I wish everyone the very best.

                      Georgette
                      Georgette

                      Comment


                      • All the best to you too Geo. We'll miss you, and I know I, for one, will look forward to any periodic visits.

                        Comment


                        • Geo, that sounds like a good mentality you are working on. I wish you health, happiness, and peace of mind!
                          Depression Lies

                          Comment


                          • Oh no. I will miss you dear friend. Good luck. Please keep in touch.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

                            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X