• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 14 BF - two weeks since breaking my fast
    Weight - 146.0
    BP - 117/71
    Pulse - 65

Yesterday was a higher carb day for me than typical (unless I'm having beer). Starting in the morning, I had a grande capuccino
    from Starbucks and then no more carbs until after 5 pm. Then while walking the dog, I had several handsful of freshly picked blackberries - how can anyone resist? Then a medium sized apple (apple tree in my yard). And with dinner, lots of cooked cabbage and a fairly good sized baked yam - mmmmm.
    Last edited by Piscator; 08-17-2012, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Day 15 BF
      Weight - 145.2
      BP - 119/76
      Pulse - 61

I mentioned adding sauerkraut to my diet upon breaking my fast, and I've kept that up. Started out with a couple of lactic-acid fermented brands from my local health-food store, but I've also started making it myself. I'll be finishing eating my first batch later today, and I have a second batch fermenting now which will be ready early next week. I'm really enjoying this stuff, and need to buy some proper crocks - having been using a large jar and a low crock-pot crock, neither of which is ideal.

Comment

Day 19 BF
        Weight - 146.8
        BP - 115/69
        Pulse - 55

So, it seems I'm staying right between 145 and 148 pounds - reaching the higher level after the weekend, when I'm taking in carbs - usually in the form of beer or wine, and then getting back down to 145 by Friday morning. I've only done one 20 some hour fast in nearly 3 weeks since the big fast, and feel like I could use another day or two. Looks like I'm traveling tomorrow, so that may be a good time to get in a 36 hour fast. We'll see.

Comment

Day 22 BF
          Weight 146.4
          BP - 125/71
          Pulse - 61

Had some cross-country biz travel Wed and Thursday, so took the opportunity to IF during my plane time on Wednesday. Had dinner Tuesday night and broke the fast Thursday morning (approx 33 hours) with a triple grande capuccino. I then met a client for lunch an hour later and ordered a Caeser salad topped with calamari. I didn't even think about the croutons when I ordered it, and then the damned calamari was breaded (on a salad?). I didn't figure it would be much of an issue, so I ate the whole thing. Last night driving home from the airport I was suffering with allergies though - and still am this morning. My last little allergy bout was the morning after eating bread. Gee, I wonder if there's a connection.

Comment

Oh, there's a connection all right. Wheat is murder!
            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Yeah, I was being a bit sarcastic there.
              Allergies again this morning, but the air here in our little canyon town is thick with smoke from all the wild fires in the region.

Comment

My friends have told me that if I say, "Wheat is murder" one more time they will hit me over the head with a hammer. (But it is...)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

You should make that phrase into a T-shirt and bumper stickers - market to the primal/paleo/gluten-free crowd. Come up with a cool logo with it - I'll buy a shirt, your first customer.

Comment

Alas, someone has beaten me to it -

Fat Head Wheat Is Murder

Comment

Weight - 151.0
                      BP - 110/69
                      Pulse - 55

Looks like my weight is creeping up. Strange, as I don't look any bigger at all and my clothes still fit the same. I've been following the Convict Conditioning routine regularly and am getting stronger. I know everybody who starts working out and gains weight always says "oh, it's the muscle gain" - but I can't figure anything else. I have had some higher carbs the last couple of days, so maybe that's a contributor.
                      Last edited by Piscator; 08-30-2012, 07:44 AM. Reason: misssssspelling

Comment

I've been posting on the other fasting challenge thread - several of us are going about 4 days. I'm at about 57 hours into it right now. My starting weight - after a weekend of sugar binging - was 152.2.
                        Weight - 147.6
                        BP - 111/68
                        Pulse - 63

It seems like I'm looking as lean now as I did at 135 pounds at the end of 21 days, so the strength training is doing me some good.

Comment

Weight - 145.8
                          BP - 121/66
                          Pulse - 52

So this is the last day of my nearly 4 day fast (challenge). I will end it today after 5 pm - plan on breaking the fast with pemmican again. While I'm 10 pounds heavier than when I ended the 21 day fast, it seems like I may look even a little bit leaner. Is it possible than I've added 10 pounds of muscle? Seems unlikely, but I'm definitely getting stronger from my Convict Conditioning routine. I got through the Jackknife Squats yesterday, doing 3 sets of 40 and did the Flat Bent Leg Raises and Straight Bridges as well, although I didn't manage to advance through those. I haven't had anything but water and salt since starting this fast and I'm really missing coffee. I'm at almost 81 hours and planning to go 90. Homestretch

Comment

Working...
                          X