Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting so close!

Comment

So close, but it's the weekend... Sat by my wife as she had a delicious looking hamburger, washing it down with a couple glasses of wine, and then ice cream. Hmmmm. That was a little bit of hell. I'm sure tonight will be more of the same

Comment

Also, that plugged ear I mentioned a couple of days ago - it's better, but I was getting some sharp pains in it last night. Weird. I think you mentioned Sabine, that it may just be something my body is working out, and that seems reasonable. Since my energy level has improved, I'm thinking the lethargy was something to be worked out as well.

Comment

Back to feeling wiped out. I don't know what it is, but I felt pretty good this morning, did some planking and that was it for me. I've been worthless all day. Spent a couple of lazy hours soaking up the sun with a little float tubing on the river and that felt great. I am thinking about food like crazy, don't know how I'm going to last until Thursday.

Comment

Don't know whether it is better to cheer you on, or say you've gone long enough. I guess, look back at your original motivation for fasting so long, and see if it is being met. Being at 140, if you bounce back up to 145, will you be satisfied, or disappointed? How does your body LOOK? Can you tell the difference and are you happy with it, or are you counting on that number? How about your clothes?

Also, if you decided to keep going, are there non-food 'nourishing' things you can do for your body to...not distract yourself, exactly, but make you feel like you are doing something special for yourself.

Do you like massages? Salt scrubs? Mud packs? Adornment activities, like clothes shopping, trying on fantasy costumes, maybe indulge in all the fake tattoos you ever wanted? Hair cut, hair color, shaving your head. Piercings, if you're that kind of guy.

Just throwing out every idea I can think of.

Comment

I'm going to go without the planking for today to see if I get through in a better state. I just got out of bed (11:15 here) and feel pretty good. As to your question Sabine, there is still a small roll of fat around my middle that I'd like to see gone - and actually this morning it seems to have diminished, so I think that getting to 135 is a sound goal. As for massages and the like - I've never been one to indulge. Costumes, clothes shopping, adornments? Uhhhh no, not me.

Day 18
              Weight - 139.2
              BP - 102/66
              Pulse - 62

Comment

Begins Day 19
                Weight - 139.0
                BP - 96/65
                Pulse - 61

On the homestretch but as for making weight at 135, doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Comment

Ahhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm, coffee. I gave up caffeine for the last week. Had read about maximizing autophagy and that caffeine interfered with that process. Fuck it, that's enough autophagy.
                  Wife says I look 10 years younger - lean face is back.

Comment

I don't know what it is, but I feel normal today. I refrained from planking yesterday and only did a short walk and was seriously dragging ass. I did the planking today, went a bit longer than normal and my form was really strong. I've also done two sets of 30 pushups and will take the dog for a longer walk this evening. These ups and downs are weird. From everything I've read on extended fasts, most people seem to maintain enough strength to get by normally. Maybe my body has finally worked through it and I've achieved some kind of normal status. Hell, maybe I should go 40 days. Hahahahahaha. No.

Comment

What a difference a day makes. Was feeling so energized yesterday that I ended up staying awake until midnight reading, then I coudn't get to sleep. I know I was awake until past 3 a.m. and now up at 7:30. Tomorrow's my weekly early am meeting when I have to get up at quarter til 5. Uhhhhh. On to the good news.

Weight - 137.4
                      BP - 98/66
                      Pulse - 56

Comment

Wow! You are almost there. 135 is just around the corner.

Comment

I know Sabine, and with two more weigh-ins, it could actually happen! However, that little fat roll is still there, dammit. This fast has been too difficult to let that fat roll remain, so I will work on it. Probably staying on the fast for another 10 days or so would do it, but I'm ready to eat so I'll take care of it eventually. Did you catch Mark's post yesterday on carb refeeding? The leptin reaction really seems to fit with the lethargy I was feeling over the past week.

BTW - I have really appreciated you and Siobhan weighing in here. Just a comment or two from someone really makes a difference. Maybe I should return the favor, huh?

Comment

So great to follow your progress! You are almost there! I admire your dedication and thought processes.
                            My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Maybe in the aftermath of the fast your body will do some redistribution, and siphon that fat off to be used elsewhere. I think you should take a picture of your stomach, and then another one in a month, and see if there's a difference.

Glad my comments have been welcome. I know I always get a boost when someone posts on my journal. And then, I am very interested in fasting these past few months, so it is good to hear your experiences.

I didn't read about the carb refeeding. I am being extra strict with myself for a while, and figured I don't need to hear about the benefits right now: it might tempt me.

Comment

Glad to hear you had the pep to go shopping. Food is a great motivator! Hope your last day is a good one.

Comment

Working...
                                X