No announcement yet.

The Perils of Periwinkle Pitstop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooot. 4 year old slept through the night again...2 year old got me up at 5...but hey...7 hours in a row is rare around here. Limiting sippies is really working for me. I feel like a horrible mom to deny my kids milk when they say they are thirsty...but wetting the bed every night isnt the way to go either. And yes...I go almost straight to bed as soon as they fall asleep. Some nights I am out by 9:45...it is usually after 9pm that I finally get them asleep.

Chicken broth in the crock pot since yesterday afternoon and ox tails browned and boiling on the stove. I had sausage and pastured eggs for breakfast and am sipping coffee with raw cream and a tad of sugar. Today is a day of cleaning and getting ready for the week ahead.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Comment

I ended up eating more sausage and 2 more eggs for lunch. I had some dark chocolate and then for dinner I ate soup with carrots, dark meat from the pastured chicken and garlic in the chicken broth I made. It was one of my best broths. I cooked the ox tails all day and then put the tail bones in the crock pot with new water and put the regular pot with the newly made bone broth in the fridge to cool I'll add some neck bones to the crock pot tomorrow and cook it another day or so. I love bone broth. and pastured chicken.

The kids and I walked a trail at the apartment compelx today and then spent 1.5 hours at the playground. No nap and lavender oil in the bath and the kids were passed out in about 4 minutes. Didnt fight, didnt play. Even the 2 year old crawled in to bed and laid down and let me cover him with the blanket and went right to sleep. I hate that they take a nap at daycare. It messes up their sleep habits. Now that Houston is bearable outside, we have to go to the playground every evening, I guess.

Might go ahead and wander to bed...asleep by 9 am...how nice.
      But you never will-
      Learn to be still
      -The Eagles

Comment

Getting a little bit frustrated. Today is day 11 with no milk. When I drink milk, I drink 16-20 ounces of it a day. I would have thought after 10 days of water instead of milk...I'd have lost a little weight. I have maintained for 6 months now. I havent lost anything since April, 3 months before I started eating primal. I feel like...Im never going to get a full night's sleep, I havent been able to exercise or "play" since August...I barely have the time or energy to keep the house reasonably clean, make sure the kids have clean clothes for the next day, make lunches, get my stuff ready...not to mention grad school. And I dont see this ending for a couple years. I'll be in grad school for the next 5 years, I expect. I get no help from my ex. About once a month, my dad watches the kids for a couple hours so I can pound out some school work...or I have to do it at work when I am supposed to be working.

I guess I am going to have to figure out how to stretch myself even thinner and try to add 40 min of walking every day before I pick the kids up, but that is 40 min I dont get to spend WITH the kids. and start calorie counting and maybe carb restricting.

Very tired and frustrated this am.
        But you never will-
        Learn to be still
        -The Eagles

Comment

So I was "asked" to organize a Biggest Loser contest at work. As the school nurse, anything "well-ness related" usually ends up in my in box and one of my assistant principals loves having Biggest Loser. So anyway...Im trying to decide if it is unethical to eat SAD food on Sunday, knowing it will add 3 pounds of water weight to my initial weigh in...The winner does get 60% of the total pay in...and then the plan is to go paleo for the next 10 weeks and walk 40 min after school every day before I pick up my kids.

Starting drinking milk again on Wednesday...I'll probably always drink milk with 7-10 day breaks...I just like milk. I say I'll go paleo for 10 week, but I know milk will be involved from time to time...it is always raw...I cant even drink pasturized milk...it doesnt taste like milk anymore.

The ex didnt pick up the kids again...he had to study for midterms....hmmmmm...he had $50 to buy the WOW expansion and the time to level his lock to 90...but now he doesnt have time for his kids...I wonder if he made the connection...
          But you never will-
          Learn to be still
          -The Eagles

Comment

Working...