Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news on all fronts. Keep up the excellent work you are doing, and have faith that the tumor will stay as is for the long haul.
    Very happy for you!
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• Yeah! FANTASTIC NEWS, DAVID!

And shhhhhh, don't even entertain what happened to Scott Hamilton.

As my grandmother used to say: "Thoughts are things, Julia., don't bring it on yourself". MmmmHmmmm.

Think extra-extra positively!

WOW, new low, THAT IS AWESOME.

Thanks for the update, and keep up the good work!

Julia

Comment

• Great news!
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Thanks again for the positive vibes. Yes I'm very happy and relieved. Sort of like a dark and difficult part of my life is behind me. Other good things are happening too! Middlest son is moving back to CT to attend law school. We offered to let him stay in the apartment above the garage for a rent that he can afford and he jumped at it! So that's good. Trainer Cliff will train two people for the price of one, so he can accompany me to the gym if he wants.

So it's all good! David
          Height: 5' 10"
          Highest Weight: 292
          Recent Starting Weight 287
          Current weight: 244.0
          Goal weight: 195
          Body Fat 32.5%

Comment

• Sweet news all around. Cheering for you and the family.
            Female back to the basics: 5-2017
            CW: 2017: 150
            GW: 130 a dream, I know
            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Had my weigh-in today, no change in weight, but I'm on the last hole in my lifting belt, so things are moving in the right direction! The Warrior Dash is in a month, so we are stepping up the running (pun intended). I tend to heel strike too much, so we are working on my stride more than running long distances. Just as well, in this heat and humidity it would be brutal. Most sessions we do 1/10 mile, 5 times. Working my way up to 1/4 mile, 4 times.

The race is a 5K with obstacles peppered throughout. So there won't be tons of running. I'm fine with the obstacles, it's the running I have issues with. But I'm making great strides (again, pun intended).

David
              Body Fat 32.5%

Comment

• I'll bet your youngest son will be over the moon at having his older brother about the place!
                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Hi TW, Yes, he's thrilled! We've all given him the "your brother is here to work hard so it isn't going to be like when he visits" talk, but I don't think it took. I'm sure it will take some getting used to all around.

Well I ordered a box of meat from butcher box. It came Friday and the meat (all beef) looks great. I was running low on GF beef from my normal source and I wasn't thrilled with the quality of the last shipment I got. So I figured I would give it a try, plus the box had free bacon! that was the promotion that finally got to me. I rummaged through the box and took the rib eye steaks out for dinner, put the bacon in the upstairs freezer for Sunday morning and the rest I carried downstairs to the chest freezer.

When I opened up the freezer I gasped- everything in it had thawed and spoiled! I don't know when it quit, but the last time I was in it was the previous weekend. It was all plugged in, the circuit was fine. It just stopped working. I will not go into detail about the mess, Many of the vacuum sealed bags apparently had holes in them and the now thawed liquid leaked out, so there was a couple of inches of stinking goo to deal with. And the meat, roughly 40lbs, was a total loss, along with frozen soups, broth. and sundry items.

Son of a...biscuit!

To add insult to injury, some of the liquid leaked out of the drain and got underneath and seeped under stored items in the cellar, necessitating a full-scale clean up of the entire basement. What a nightmare! Sigh...

We move on.

David
                  Body Fat 32.5%

Comment

Working...
                  X