Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a good day yesterday generally. Work was good, got a lot done. Everyone at home is happy. I had a great workout! I set a new personal record in the 500 meter row, 1-minute, 42 seconds. Not especially fast, but good for me!

I managed to break into the 250s! This morning I was 258.8. So the weight is beginning to drop. Every morning I check the Ketonix meter and I'm in ketosis, and I check my blood pressure and its stable and well within normal ranges.

One of the nice aspects of the Ketogenic diet is that after awhile on it, a body will start using keytones as fuel in addition or instead of glucose. Before this happens one feels sluggish and tired (after you've used all of your glycogen stores and before you are fat adapted). I've been sluggish and tired up through Wednesday. After then, I've felt better, so it's happening!

I'm not hungry anymore between meals and during fasting (as long as I eat as much as I'm supposed to). So it is all good!

David
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 265
    Goal weight: 195
    Body Fat 35.2

Comment

• Well this morning I weighed in at 257.6, so the weight is coming off. The ketogenic diet is going well. Each morning when I blow into the Ketonix meter it shows yellow or sometimes red, so moderate ketosis. I just finished reading "The Complete Guide to Fasting," by Jason Fung and Jimmy Moore. I do a 16-hour Intermittent fast every day, it was the only remnant of diet that I never gave up these last two years.

I did a 36-hour water fast last week and am currently finishing up a 48 hour modified fast now. I'll likely include a fast weekly into the regimen, particularly to get past the plateaus that are inevitable. Fasting is supposed to speed up the process of fat adaption, but I don't think I'm there yet. I'm still feeling sluggish walking, though I did my four-mile loop in an hour and fifteen minutes.

I've only been doing the full-on ketogenic diet for a week and according to my old journals the last time I did one I felt better by the end of the second week, so things look up!

In his book, Dr. Fung recommends coming out of fasts slowly, maintaining a LCHF diet to break the fast. In the past I would do this for one meal and then really pig out after that. So today I'll go light. We have a picnic at the Outlaw's today, so not only will there be lots of food, none of it will be particularly clean or Primal. So I'll have to be careful.

Looks like it will be a beautiful day! I hope it is beautiful for you too! Wherever you are!
      Height: 5' 10"
      Starting Weight: 292
      Starting Primal Weight: 275
      Current weight: 265
      Goal weight: 195
      Body Fat 35.2

Comment

• Good luck with staying on course. I always have trouble in these situations.

Enjoy your beautiful day wherever you are. I am in Michigan and things look good until later this afternoon. Getting out there and enjoying it.
        Female back to the basics: 5-2017
        CW: 2017: 150
        GW: 130 a dream, I know
        Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Strong work, David!
          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
          X