Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been on much in the past few days. My Kitty died Friday morning. :-( She was a rescue cat who had likely been lost or abandoned after living with a family for a time, she was perfectly socialized to people and litter box trained. When she came to us (13 years ago) she had been living feral for at least a couple of years. She had two litters of kittens, both under this one particular lady's front porch. The lady alerted the animal control officer, who in turn alerted a rescue agency. They tried to catch her, but the first time she escaped (they rescued the kittens). The next year they managed to capture both her and her kittens.

We adopted her. The first six months she was so fearful and skittish that she hid constantly, running from one hiding spot to the next, only coming out to eat. After awhile she became friendlier and eventually was perfectly at ease. She loved people, particularly men, and especially my boys. Upon hearing the news about her passing, which was peaceful and quick, Middle-Boy summed it up perfectly, he was grateful to have seen her happy and healthy one last time at Thanksgiving, and remarked, "there was a lot of love in that cat!"

We rescued her, I was never truly a cat person before, but we fell in love with each other, and now I am a cat person. I suppose she rescued me.

image.jpg

We will lay her to rest in a lovely corner of our garden later this morning. Here she was a year ago in her favorite spot.
    Last edited by DCarr10760; 12-07-2014, 07:19 AM.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Oh, what a beauty.
      I know she appreciated your love.
      Thanks for that
      Hugs to everyone.

Comment

• Okay, I cried. What a lovely story - a Christmas story, in fact. So glad to hear it was an easy passing.
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Well the weekend was quiet and solemn. We did go to a Holiday party but the food choices were (for me) very limited, fortunately the people who threw the party are not drinkers so no liquor at all was served. Truth be told it wasn't all that fun. But at least I didn't eat anything bad (I didn't eat much at all). Sunday was at the outlaws and I fared better, they had a lovely pork roast and I was able to eat that, and some salad.

Tonight I had some Chicken and cauliflower cooked in coconut oil, and I had some baby kale sautéed in bacon fat with some walnuts, that was yummy.

I will live until tomorrow's workout... Ugh!
          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• It's been a good week. SWMBO found us a new kitty! Another rescue. She said the house felt too empty without a cat. I guess I agree, it did feel empty. It seems very soon for me, I suppose if I had my druthers, I'd have waited at least until the new year. However, "Yasmine" is very sweet, and affectionate. She's very timid, which is understandable.

We are told that her previous family was evicted from their home and left without her. Her neighbor found her crying on the front step of the empty house, took her in and called the rescue agency. She seems perfectly socialized and clean and getting happier by the day.

One thing, she is the exact same breed (Russian Blue) as Kitty-Girl, and looks much like her (at least when she was young), except where Kitty-Girl had the classic green eyes, Yasmine has very yellow eyes. Very striking!
            Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I'm so happy for all of you! I have some very warm feelings for SWMBO! Any chance of a pic?

Comment

• image.jpg

Here she is sitting on my lap a few seconds ago :-)

Sorry if it is upside-down... That's how,it shows up on my screen... :-/
                Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Upside down beauty

Comment

• Oh, she is so beautiful! She must love you already! It makes me so happy to see her.

Comment

• She really is a beauty! She seems to be adjusting well, eating and using the litter box. She's still skittish when she encounters anything new and dashes for cover, but that is happening less often as she gets used to the sights, smells and sounds of her new home.

The only thing that is a problem is that she is a real claw-er. SWMBO and Boy won't let her sit on their laps because she is constantly working her very sharp claws as she kneads. I'm trying to gently dissuade her of this habit and we now have several scratching posts and pads to encourage her to do this in more appropriate settings. She has been getting slightly better (it may just be a nervous habit), but this morning I was sitting on the couch and she wanted up in my lap. She settled in and out came the claws. I was wearing only light flannel lounge pants and she managed by chance to land a claw right...

Woke me right up! I must've flinched enough that she sprang off of me and hid under the couch! Fortunately I had just set my coffee down or it might have been worse... If that's possible!
                      Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Can you clip her claws? That might be more comfortable for all. I have to clip my boys.

Comment

• I'll probably have to. I've never done it before and do not know how she would react. She seems tolerant of me touching her paws, so I try to do it from time to time so she's used to it. Once we've establish a bit more trust, I'll probably give it a try. Until then I'll keep a thick terrycloth towel to put in my lap to avoid getting scratched in places that are difficult to explain to SWMBO.
                          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I'm sure there is a YouTube video. I think it is best to have two people, much easier.

Comment

• David, how've you been?

Comment

• Hi! I have definitely been better... But I am hanging in there. I mostly made it through the holidays without gaining too much weight back. Our new Kitty has settled in nicely and is becoming more at ease and cuddly.

This winter has been brutal in terms of depression. This is compounded by being extremely busy at work, meaning that I often work a bunch of overtime and go into work in the dark and leave work in the dark.

Also the stress is bad enough that my blood pressure is high enough that I'm often light-headed with blurred vision, which scares me a little. I'm stubborn about going to the Doctor about it, because they always want to but me on meds right away and I hate the side-effects, hacking coughs, weird facial ticks and sexual issues :-( among others.

Losing more weight would help as would a host of other things: less caffeine, less stress, more sunlight, more aerobic exercise (walking), sleeping more and better to name a few. But I am having trouble with every one of those things.

I go to a trade show in California in a couple of weeks and I hope to relax and re-charge there. It's still a work trip, but just the break sometimes helps.
                                Body Fat 30.5

Comment

Working...
                                X