Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey David, it has been forever since we heard from you!! Are you ok? What is going on in your world? How is your leg - hopefully long healed. How are you coping with the winter doldrums?
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 221.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 140 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Comment

• Yeah David, how are you? Hope you check in soon!
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Hi Everybody! Happy New Year and I hope you all had a nice Christmas.

I'm doing alright. Calf is all better and my shoulder is a bit better. I'm still going strong with the training, no problems there. I have put back some weight (I'm about 240 now), but holding pretty steady. I've been good with the Primal eating, it's the beer (as usual) that is the issue as well as not doing so much walking on account of the weather. Usual Winter stuff.

My mood has been okay, I think that the training helps with this. Doing something positive for myself is good for the depression.

I enjoyed the Holidays, but I am glad they are near the end. I've always liked making New Year's Resolutions. Kind of a feeling of renewal. This year I have signed up for the Warrior Dash here in Connecticut. It isn't until September 20th, so I have plenty of time to lose more weight and to train for the race. I am looking forward to it!

I hope you are all well!

DC
        Height: 5' 10"
        Starting Weight: 292
        Starting Primal Weight: 275
        Current weight: 224
        Goal weight: 172
        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Great to hear from you, David! Glad things are going well. I think about you a lot - you are one of only two guys I follow on here (ecks is the other) and so I miss your posts. Not to mention they are interesting. So glad to hear the training is going strong. Happy New Year!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Happy New Year!

So I have made some resolutions! Besides signing up for the Warrior Dash Race in September, I have made the following fitness-related resolutions.

1. Lose the rest of my weight by the Warrior Dash in September.
            2. Limit my drinking to one day a week and only two drinks until my trip to Germany in April.
            3. Walk (eventually jog and run) at least five days a week in the mornings.
            4. Continue with training (or classes) 3x a week all though the year.

In other news, I am encouraged to find my local grocery stores beginning to offer a greater variety of organic, GF and pastured products. I haven't been shy about paying a lot of money for good food and I almost never get great deals. But I did get a great deal yesterday! I was at the grocery store looking at insanely priced organic roasting Chickens (capons) when the meat guy walked by and saw me. He told me that they had one free-range! organic turkey left and it was marked way down. I thanked him and said I would look at it. I had seen these turkeys for sale before the holiday at Over 4 dollars a pound! This bird was marked down to 29 cents a pound!! It was just over 15 lbs so cost less than $5.00!! They only had the one, so I bought it :-).

We're having it today :-)
            Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Score!

Comment

• Hi David, HAPPY new year!! It's great to see u That was a superb purchase!! I love a great deal. Hope you have an awesome 2014 with nothing but good health and fun times. It looks like you have some very doable resolutions!

Comment

• I am home today because boy is sick, or more accurately, he was sick through the night with a stomach bug, or he ate something bad. Either way it wasn't pleasant and we got little sleep after the first episode at 2:00 this morning. My stomach was feeling a bit unsettled also, which leads me to suspect that the Applegate hotdogs in the fridge were too old. I boiled them extra long and ate two myself and they repeated on me all night...

He feels much better this morning and except for being tired I am too. Normally I'd've chucked them out, but I am feeling a bit of financial pinch, the high cost of the personal training, which I am continuing, added to the high cost of buying organic and grass fed food along with crazy (but worth it) Christmas spending and some unexpected expenses (children related) has left me a bit flat. It's nothing a couple of months of austerity in my budget won't put right, and I am fortunate that I have a good job and stability for the moment.

So I've been trying to be less wasteful of food, but clearly made a bad decision.

Last night I went to training and discussed my goals with trainer Cliff. He encouraged me to commit to fitness goals (resolutions) this year that we would work on together. So I did. They are:

To limit my drinking to weekends and no more than two drinks at a time.

To continue this year to lose weight until I reach my goal (somewhere under 200 lbs)

To be able to bench press my weight

To be able to dead lift 300lbs.

To be able to do 10 pull-ups

To be able to run a 5K in a reasonable time

He agreed that these were reasonable goals for me, and will adjust my workouts to accommodate them.

One good thing is that he lowered my price, I might have mentioned way back in October that I was paying for Eldest Son to train with me. The fee for this was essentially 50% of my training fee added to what I was paying. He eliminated this extra fee altogether because Eldest and I are essentially at the same training level and it didn't cause him any extra work, plus he was giving me the best rate. It certainly helps me and allows me to continue private training through the Winter.

Trainer Cliff is a very nice guy and we get along well. I can tell that I am getting stronger and faster and it's all good. Eldest is beginning to lose weight and get stronger too, and that's important for me. He and I are really bonding in a very healthy way.

So I am looking forward to 2014! I wish it weren't so cold, because I would like to go outside and work on sprinting, but it won't hurt me to wait until spring. I suppose everything will be easier and safer when I am lighter and in better condition.

David
                  Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I want a trainer Cliff!
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• +1!

Great to hear from you, although I'm sorry to hear you and Boy had a bad night. I know what you mean about the Applegate hot dogs, they are so good but pricey and it hurts to throw them out. Since my household consists of me, myself, and I, the package doesn't always get consumed as quickly as it should...I often cook them into weird casserole things. So I guess it is lucky that I am only feeding myself!

I keep thinking about 5Ks - I used to love running, but it is just a memory after years of the Agony of De Feet. But now my feet are better than they have been since I was 8 years old, so maybe it is time.

Comment

• I'm pretty lucky to have found Cliff, right here in town. So far, working out three times a week has kept my usual wintertime depression at bay. So the cost is really justifiable.

I have never really had a problem with my feet. My issue is that I really don't like running very much. The only reason I am doing it is that I do know that running has helped me breakthrough plateaus before and the Warrior Dash is based around a 5K run. So after it is over and unless I fall in love with running I'll switch back to walking.

David
                        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Pretty sure you never wore stilettos!

Comment

• With pointed toes..........
                            Female 55
                            Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                            Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Lol, no. No stiletto heels or pointy toes for me. Although with size 13 EEE feet, nearly flat with a remarkably high instep, finding shoes that fit well and don't hurt has been a lifelong issue. Fortunately the barefoot style of shoe, when large enough fits really well. I've been working out in New Balance Minimus shoes since June and wearing Vivo Barefoot casual shoes regularly. I did have some discomfort transitioning, but pretty minor, really.

I'm still not running properly, though I've improved and am not heel-striking so much. :-)
                              Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• So tonight's training session was a double whammy! Trainer Cliff ran Eldest and I through the typical workout hour but since we both signed up for the Warrior Dash we were eligible for, and stayed for a special session for the "Warriors." It consisted of 10 different exercises, burpees (if a squat- thrust and a jumping jack had a baby), pull-ups, push-ups, step-ups, heavy rope work, short hurdles, wall ball (sort of like throwing a free throw with a medicine ball against a wall and catching it then squatting)' kettle bell swing, kettle bell squats, and elbow planking. Each exercise for thirty seconds then ten seconds to transition. Three such circuits except that the last circuit was a full minute with each exercise. One minute rest between circuits.

I was (am) exhausted, but in a good way. :-). I managed to do all of the exercises! Well, I can't do that many pull ups, but I was able to do inverted rows off of a TRX strap trainer thingy.

Whew!
                                Body Fat 30.5

Comment

Working...
                                X