Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been suffering from that work drama thing myself. We had some consultants in the hospital for a month or so, doing what consultants do (making everyone really nervous). They had their big presentation to management early in the week and ever since it has been crazy. People coming in for their day's work show up all big-eyed and twitchy - "Any layoffs last night?" Ummm....no...

I just do the best job I can and polish up my license.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Fortunately in a family business I've not had to worry about being laid-off. But it is part of SWMBO's life and career from time to time. It's happened to her twice so far, fortunately the company she works for now is not a huge bloated old-fashioned company looking to downsize or "right-size."

It's always a nerve-wracking time, I hope it passes over you!
      Height: 5' 10"
      Starting Weight: 292
      Starting Primal Weight: 275
      Current weight: 224
      Goal weight: 172
      Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Unfortunately the situation is that we have plenty of business, but the state of Maine, in infinite wisdom, stopped paying the hospital for Mainecare services. So more work...less employees. Hmmm, the reason I went into healthcare is because I thought it would be reasonably secure. But everything is an illusion. Luckily I am developing my skills at cave dwelling, so that's always an option. (Joke)

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Sio, you have the life coach option.

Comment

• I'll be a cave-dwelling life coach.

Comment

• Oh simon's cat! Love that little bugger!

And of course sashimi is good... It's better than good! People just don't get enough fish in these days
              SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
              Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
              Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
              Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
              Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• So has this site been buggy for all y'all or is it just me...? I downloaded the new iPad app and now everything is slow, Lol.

Nothing much to report. I might've tripped over some Italian ices yesterday, but otherwise, I've been pretty good!

Tomorrow is my calisthenics day, my DOMS is all gone and all is well!

DC
                Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Site was slow when app showed up.
                  I thought it was my iPad so I deleted.
                  Maybe they've straighten it out,
                  Seems better today.

Comment

• Yep, has been buggy for me too. I have been thinking they are getting ready for a big site upgrade. It's been awhile, hasn't it?

I walked by a freezer with Blood Orange Sorbet ON SALE. Took all my willpower.

Comment

• Good for you! Will power with me is spotty at best. There are far better things to cheat with than Italian ices for sure, but I like to think my body was craving red dye no 5 and high fructose corn syrup. Likely I was dehydrated. My drawing class is Monday night and is three hours long. I hadn't had much to drink since noon. When I am thirsty I tend to crave sweet, fruity drinks drinks more than just water. I rarely indulge, but when I do I get intense sugar cycling, which overtook me.

I'm better now!
                      Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• The app has been terrible! I was on the android app and it's slow as junk... Deleted that quickly... It lasted 2 days on my phone
                        SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
                        Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
                        Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                        Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
                        Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
                        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

• Been a good week food-wise, so-so for exercise. It has been a struggle for me to make time to walk and work out. Still I've enjoyed it when I was able to. It's just a busy time.

This weekend starts early for me. Middle Boy graduates from UMass tomorrow so I go up for the ceremony, then a family friend's wedding on Saturday afternoon in NH. Then a wedding brunch Sunday AM and then drive back to have a Mother's day dinner with SWMBO, Boy and the Outlaws Sunday afternoon!

For weekends like these I make my best attempt to eat Primally given the choices, and I just don't eat at all otherwise. So I'll eat a late dinner Friday, no breakfast or lunch Saturday, a late restaurant dinner Saturday night, Sunday Brunch and Dinner.

Sigh... I'll do my best!

Have a good weekend everyone!

DC
                          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Well the weekend was very busy, mostly driving. Graduation was weird, the picnic was hosted by my ex-wife and her husband, nice people. My two older boys and their Grandmother were there. She never thought much of me. But it was nice, and I am very proud of my graduate son. I did feel very awkward being there and pretty lonely. SWMBO and Boy weren't there, they had a full weekend of sports stuff and an unwillingness (on SWMBO's part) to take part in an event that would be attended by my ex.

The wedding was equally weird, except for the bride and the maid of honor, I really didn't know anybody there. I'm not sure why I was invited. I tried to make myself useful. I was supposed to stay the night at the hotel where everybody was crashing. But I was worried that I'd be late getting home and SWMBO and her parents who had already changed their plans from brunch to dinner to accomodate me, were going to dinner for Mother's Day. So after leaving the reception at midnight, I canceled my reservation and drove the three and a half hours home.

The next morning Boy, who was overjoyed that I was home, woke me up after only 3 hours of sleep. Later, I found that SWMBO had not changed their plans and brunch was going to happen at 11:00. I guess she assumed I wouldn't get back in time, so why bother changing it. But I was a bit puzzeled why she didn't just tell me that.

We were discussing my going to the brunch, but the reservation was already for 6 people and the restaurant was very busy. It was all moot anyway, because our tenant called just then and said she had no hot water. I checked in the garage, where the hot water heater is and it was flooded and the unit was shot. So I spent the day replacing it.

During all of this I ate almost nothing, I drank a good bit (too much) at the wedding, but only picked at the food (picnic fare). Sunday I ate nothing at all, except some coffee. I was too exhausted.

Monday was better. I took a nice walk. This morning I did my calisthenics and lifted some weights. I'll walk at lunch.

We move on.
                            Last edited by DCarr10760; 05-14-2013, 06:37 PM.
                            Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Took a great walk this morning! It was beautiful outside. I got to watch the sunrise over the river and two herons have taken up residence near the bridge!

A beautiful day!
                              Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• So glad you had a nice walk. When I read about it, I had a vivid picture pop into my head of my own heron-sighting place, a little causeway just a short way down the road. There is usually a heron or two hanging around there, and other beautiful shore birds. It is so great to live near the ocean, isn't it?

What a good landlord you are! I'm sure your tenant appreciates you very much, especially this morning when she took a hot shower.

Your story of the weekend reminds me of something that happened to me a long time ago. I was dating a man with whom I had a nice but tenuous relationship - he was mercurial in his moods, brooding, etc. Not my type. Anyway, he took me to a very upscale charity event, dinner, dancing, etc. and spent a lot of time telling me that his former girlfriend, a beautiful Chinese woman who had done some modeling, would also be attending. For some reason I am almost oddly unjealous, and I looked forward to meeting her. When we arrived, I spotted her immediately. She was sitting alone and I went over and introduced myself, complimented her on her dress (stunning) and we got to talking about girl stuff very quickly. She got the seating changed so that we could sit together and it was a lot of fun. My date was furious! I think he was hoping for a cat fight or something. He hated it when I took charge of things. Anyway, that was the beginning of the end of that relationship, such as it was! Don't know why your story reminds me of that, maybe the puzzlement factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X