Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Blueprint Journal DCarr10760 (David)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love my iPad so much. When storms hit and the power goes out, it is so neat to use my iPhone as a wi-fi and I can watch HBO, SHO, etc. just like usual. Probably the coolest trick is all of the hundreds of books I have on my kindle DX are downloaded on here. Save up, Sio, you would so love it. I thought you'd love sleeping panty less I was wrong, not wrong about this, I promise.

Comment

• Well Judy, I am sleeping in only panties! I've lost the PJ bottoms most of the time. (Am I really posting this in someone else's journal?) So I'm partway there.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
        Well Judy, I am sleeping in only panties! I've lost the PJ bottoms most of the time. (Am I really posting this in someone else's journal?) So I'm partway there.
        Yes, after I hit reply, I thought, oh sh!t, this is David's journal, LOL.
        I doubt he minds, tho

Comment

• Not to worry, feel free to frolic about in your panties in my journal anytime you want! ;-)
          Height: 5' 10"
          Starting Weight: 292
          Starting Primal Weight: 275
          Current weight: 224
          Goal weight: 172
          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Good, I'm glad I'm not getting banned!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• No, I might be hard to live with, but I'm easy to get along with! Nobody gets banned... Well maybe spammers!
              Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Looking all through the various recipes I've been alerted to, I've become increasingly hungry, well not really hungry so much as desiring new taste sensations. This morning I worked a bit from home, which means I can make a more leisurely breakfast. Normally I have a protein shake or a quick omelet, or I fast through breakfast. But I wanted something different today. I haven't yet been shopping for all the new Paleo treats I intend to cook over the weekend, so I was limited to the food in the fridge. Eggs, leftover cabbage and carrots from a corned beef I made last weekend and not much else. There wasn't any corned beef left, just the veggies, so the protein was going to be eggs. So I took 6 eggs and blended them like I was going to make an omelet, I drained the cabbage and carrots and sauteed them in butter, mashing them with coarsly with the spatula and browning them slightly. I poured the egg mixture over this and stirred in some turmeric, sea salt, black bepper, cayenne pepper and some parmsan cheese. I stirred it a bit, covered it and turned the heat down low to cook. A couple of times I stirred it up then covered it, and turned off the heat and let it set up.

I separated half out for lunch and the rest went on a plate and over it I poured some organic salsa and it was great! It certainly wasn't the prettiest thing I've ever seen, and it is hardly haute quisine, but it was pretty tasty!

Little steps.
                Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• That sounds great. In my humble experience, you can add eggs to just about anything and get a good result. It is almost like they are flavor enhancers or something. And they taste good no matter what they look like, unless you burn them black.

Can't wait to hear what you cook up this weekend. I'm going to make Nom Nom Paleo's Asian meatballs. I have some of the ingredients needing to be used up - sweet potato, mushrooms.

Comment

• Carnitas are in the oven! They smell great! :-)
                    Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• The carnitas are great!! I have a lot so I am going to amp up the spices a bit, I had mine over leafy greens and put some organic salsa over it.

Even Boy and SWMBO likes them!!!
                      Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• So this morning I had carnitas for breakfast! Yep, they're that good. I did spice them up with Penzey's Chili powder and some cayenne and more Celtic sea salt. I like things spicy but not really hot-spicy. I also couldn't discern the taste of the cinnamon, so I gave it an extra sprinkle. That was the last pork shoulder roast I had from the pastured pig I got last fall, I think I'll see if I can buy some more shoulders. I think they're less money than many other cuts and I like it as well as any other pork dish. I have enough left for several more lunches too!

So I did manage to get off of my backside and take a good long walk, the weather was warmish and though there was quite a breeze over the water, it wasn't biting, just fresh. I now fit in my vest again that I bought last summer for walking, holds my phone and ID and stuff, but isn't at all bulky. It's a bit snug, but still comfortable. Last time I put it on was in February and I couldn't zip it at all, so there is progress :-)

It felt good to walk, I need to do it more regularly. I used to wake up early and walk, I think I need to start that up again.
                        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Yesterday's food totals were good! Macros were calories: 2096, Fat: 145.7 g, Carbs: 27.7 g, and Protein: 161 g. A bit high on the protein, I suppose. After the carnitas, I roasted a chicken and made bone broth about of the carcass and bits. I was really pleasantly filled with what I ate yesterday and am now in mild ketosis!

I likely won't eat until dinner, because I have a business dinner tonight. Plus I'm really not all that hungry. I've already looked at the menu where I am going and they have a steak salad. The people I'm going with are not drinkers so I will likely have one Guinness and that's it.

I'm in a pretty good mood today, despite it being Monday and all. :-)
                          Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• It's the ketosis, a great mood enhancer!

Glad you and your family like the carnitas. How could anyone not like it? I agree it makes a great breakfast, in fact that is what I had for breakfast myself all weekend and this morning too. Some pork and a fried egg. Kept me going all day with no hunger or energy drops. I load on the spices also, the recipe doesn't call for nearly enough IMHO. Some people are revolted by the cinnamon, but I think judicious use of it really makes the flavor deliciously complex and special.

Comment

• Okay, I try on the codes! But what is SWMBO? Amazing. I looked it up and there it is. Been reading your journal backwards. Probably should start at the beginning. Hope you're having a great week!

6:07 p.m. I did it. I started your journal at the beginning and read through it today whenever I had time. It is wonderful. I read through the sad times and tragic times and happy and joyous times. It was quite a read and very inspiring. I am glad that warmer weather is ahead for you with much more light and look forward to reading more of your entries.
                              Last edited by lopisheep; 04-10-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Hope you're having a good week, David, and things are swimming along smoothly. I imagine the carnitas are gone by now!

Comment

Working...
                                X