Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who darest call me a lady!
    My arts lie more in the crochet, painting, ceramics, and sewing realm, with the occasional foray into hot glue, epoxy, models, and macrame.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
      Who darest call me a lady!
      Not me. I'm keeping it clean in honor of CC. >.>

Comment

Who darest call me a lady!
        My arts lie more in the crochet, painting, ceramics, and sewing realm, with the occasional foray into hot glue, epoxy, models, and macrame.
        I wish I had the patience to crochet and the talent to paint. When you say epoxy, is that for gluing models or is it something else like enameling? I learned to torch enamel this summer and that was so fun! I like melting glass as much as melting metal.

Comment

• More along the lines of models and fixing things. We always have some on hand.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

More along the lines of models and fixing things. We always have some on hand.
            I know my jewelers epoxy makes me see purple unicorns without good ventilation so not a bad glue to have around!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              Ah, see, it is times like these I am glad to be blessed with a vivid imagination and a broken moral compass.
              This is why we like you!!!!!!
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                I know my jewelers epoxy makes me see purple unicorns without good ventilation so not a bad glue to have around!
                WE have all kinds of things to repair stuff: gorilla glue, gorilla tape, epoxy, duct tape, soldering iron, elmer's, wood glue, rubber cement, hot glue, needle and thread, needle and yarn, needle and floss... Can you tell we are "Reduce, reuse, recycle, repair" folks?
                My Latest Journal

Comment

WE have all kinds of things to repair stuff: gorilla glue, gorilla tape, epoxy, duct tape, soldering iron, elmer's, wood glue, rubber cement, hot glue, needle and thread, needle and yarn, needle and floss... Can you tell we are "Reduce, reuse, recycle, repair" folks?
                  My kind of folks!

Comment

• I think my favorite repair yet was a sweater someone dubbed "holeyer than the Vatican." Needle and thread and some creative patchwork and it was good to go.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

I think my favorite repair yet was a sweater someone dubbed "holeyer than the Vatican." Needle and thread and some creative patchwork and it was good to go.
                      That is so fun!

I am in the middle of bring a table my great grandfather made back to life. It was super wobbly and caked with cracked paint but soon it will be pretty and sturdy again. I like to take damaged vintage jewelry and repurpose it. I made some pendants out of old clip on earrings. The rhinestones in them where too pretty to waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        lol.... Arts and hallucinations....

Comment

• Both of our coffee tables are rescues from the dumpster that either his Dad or mine sanded down or refinished. Dad was trying to give us another one and I had to tell him "we don't need another table, or any more furniture."
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hey Crabbcakes, I just saw the weather and was wondering how things are at Crabb Manor? Are you snowed in?
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Hey y'all! Just a quick pop-in here to say hello and wish you all a Merry Christmas, happy belated Hanukkah, good Yule, and a hearty whatever it is that atheists do during this time of the year!

I have been out a third due to sheer massive driving, a third due to regular home busy-ness, and a third due to a bit of a depressive episode, which I think is lifting. Otherwise, the Family Crabbcakes is fine. You all stay warm and safe, and I will probably write a massive post soon, as soon as I can get caught up on the happenings here.

Forager - we didn't get snowed in. The last few days were unseasonably warm and all our snow and ice melted, only to have a cold snap today - we went from the fifties to the teens in just over 24 hours. Right cold outside, it is. Time to get the big kerosene heater out and fire it up just for cozy fun over Christmas.
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Merry Christmas CC! I hope you all stay warm and cozy and have a lovely holiday!

Comment

Working...
                                X