No announcement yet.

Gettin' All-Primal in the Applachians

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read to the end. Let me know if there's owt I can do...you know where I work.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Ugh Crabbcakes I'm sorry you're having to deal with so much health stuff. I had an unusual mamo 2 yrs ago and they had me do a 2nd mamo and ultrasound. It turned out it was just cysts, which have since disappeared, it could be the iodine I take.

And the fracking, that would seriously put me in bad mood.

If you and the girls like to escape to a simpler time you might like to watch Lark Rise to Candleford. It's sort of like Little House on the Prairie, but English countryside.
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Right now, in this moment, life is good. I am in a coffeehouse, drinking a spiced hot chocolate (I am no coffee drinker). I actually figured out how to connect to the Internet by myself on my handy-dandy iPad mini. First is across the room with her piano teacher and a handful of other homeschooled kids, getting some good study in before the final next week for their AP Fine Arts class (subtitled "300 years of Western Music, History and Culture"). Second, Third and Fourth are home with the hubby. I could do this more often - this feels good.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Hiya CC - Pleased that you are chillaxing with a hot chocolate !!!!
          Enjoy the moment !!!!!
          G x
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
            Right now, in this moment, life is good. I am in a coffeehouse, drinking a spiced hot chocolate (I am no coffee drinker). I actually figured out how to connect to the Internet by myself on my handy-dandy iPad mini. First is across the room with her piano teacher and a handful of other homeschooled kids, getting some good study in before the final next week for their AP Fine Arts class (subtitled "300 years of Western Music, History and Culture"). Second, Third and Fourth are home with the hubby. I could do this more often - this feels good.
            I looked for a 'like' button.

Comment

• Oi, I just added this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gossip-Fores...I27GQM274BTKI7 to the wishlist and I thought of you and yours. Sounds fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                Oi, I just added this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gossip-Fores...I27GQM274BTKI7 to the wishlist and I thought of you and yours. Sounds fascinating.
                I just had First request it on our local library request system. Sounds fascinating, I agree! In the US release, the title and subtitle are slightly changed, but we found it. Vielen dank, badger!
                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• you're most welcome. Please ask First for a book review

Comment

• So - Second has already made her preference known to do geography via food. Here came First today - "Mom, I would love to learn some history through the James Bond movies!"

Because I am such an educational pushover, especially when the kids SPELL IT OUT for me, we watched Dr. No... And then launched into a study of Fort Knox, troy ounces, gold ingots, the gold standard. We could go a lot farther next week... Nixon, going off the gold standard, gold prices and trading, Jamaica, nuclear devices and dirty bombs, seashells, American space flight in the 60s...

Wait until we get to the Russians and the Cold War in "From Russia With Love"!!

Comment

• Have First do an image search for Hurricane Ridge. Spectacular and one of my favorite spots in the Olympics.
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                        Have First do an image search for Hurricane Ridge. Spectacular and one of my favorite spots in the Olympics.
                        Will do! Thanks!

Comment

• Happy Easter, everybody!

And if you aren't into the Easter thing, then Happy Ostara (last week, but still)!

And if that still isn't you, then Happy There-Is-No-More-Snow-On-Crabbcakes'-Land Day!

It is to be ham and roasted potatoes, leeks, salad with salmon and grilled asparagus, Martha Stewart's quick pickled radishes, and carrot soup for us after church. And colored eggs. Martinelli sparkling apple cider for the kids, and a righteous Greek red wine for hubby and I.

Fourth is our dinosaur freak, and here are her eggs for 2013...

image.jpg
                          Last edited by Crabbcakes; 03-31-2013, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Love the eggs and your dinner sounds delicious! Hope you all had a lovely Easter.
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• BBC News - The Great British class calculator: What class are you?

I thought this might amuse you. Apparently I am 'established middle class'. Hmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                                Happy Easter, everybody!

And if you aren't into the Easter thing, then Happy Ostara (last week, but still)!

And if that still isn't you, then Happy There-Is-No-More-Snow-On-Crabbcakes'-Land Day!

It is to be ham and roasted potatoes, leeks, salad with salmon and grilled asparagus, Martha Stewart's quick pickled radishes, and carrot soup for us after church. And colored eggs. Martinelli sparkling apple cider for the kids, and a righteous Greek red wine for hubby and I.

Fourth is our dinosaur freak, and here are her eggs for 2013...

[ATTACH]11115[/ATTACH]
                                oh wow - they are just adorable !!!!!!!!! I can feel a creative moment coming on !!!!!!!
                                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X