No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quilt is looking lovely, Badger. I love the dark edging. Are you going to embroider more daisies? That's a lot of work.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
      Quilt is looking lovely, Badger. I love the dark edging. Are you going to embroider more daisies? That's a lot of work.
      yes, indeed it is...but yes indeed I am. I've settled on two daisies on three hexes (for a total of six), then three plain hexes, then another block of three embroidered with two...each row has 15 hexes and there are four rows. I shall alternate starting with a block of three plain and three embroidered. I calculate this is a total of 42 daisies (I may be wrong). Plus all the finishing...I'm going to be pushing my deadline. So far, I've done four and a half daisies...
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        yes, indeed it is...but yes indeed I am. I've settled on two daisies on three hexes (for a total of six), then three plain hexes, then another block of three embroidered with two...each row has 15 hexes and there are four rows. I shall alternate starting with a block of three plain and three embroidered. I calculate this is a total of 42 daisies (I may be wrong). Plus all the finishing...I'm going to be pushing my deadline. So far, I've done four and a half daisies...
        You do great work... but holycrap you are a glutton for punishment! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          You do great work... but holycrap you are a glutton for punishment! lol
          I certainly seem to have masochistic tendencies, yes.

Comment

I guess as long as you enjoy it, it's OK...lol

Comment

I guess as long as you enjoy it, it's OK...lol
              There must be a very special kind of perversion: whipping girl for in laws.

Comment

There must be a very special kind of perversion: whipping girl for in laws.
                somehow, I don't think THAT is an enjoyable "perversion".... I was refering to your love of hand sewing and embroidery as your gluttony for punishment... since you do seem to enjoy it so...

Comment

somehow, I don't think THAT is an enjoyable "perversion".... I was refering to your love of hand sewing and embroidery as your gluttony for punishment... since you do seem to enjoy it so...
                  Yeah, the quilt is for the PiL who are no longer talking to me. (Also, I've never embroidered before - so obviously a nearly finished quilt is the thing to learn on...)
                  Last edited by badgergirl; 12-12-2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Today's poem

"Faith" is a fine invention
                    When Gentlemen can seeŚ
                    But Microscopes are prudent
                    In an Emergency.

The immortal Emily Dickinson

Comment

Yeah, the quilt is for the PiL who are no longer talking to me.
                      I heard a quilt instructor say something in one of the very first quilting classes I ever took about only making quilts for people that "deserve" them. It takes alot of effort and energy to make a quilt, and, in my simple mind, it makes little sense to go to all that effort for someone that will (1) abuse or neglect the gift, or (2) have no respect for the amount of effort it took to make said quilt. I and the wife have adopted that philosophy, and have refused to make quilts for some "relatives" and friends because they mistreat their stuff, or have lost/misplaced a quilt we made for them.....(to include a daughter-in-law) If you decided to keep the quilt you are making for them... I could find no fault with you for doing so..... I find it difficult to "cast pearls before swine", so to speak....

Comment

I heard a quilt instructor say something in one of the very first quilting classes I ever took about only making quilts for people that "deserve" them. It takes alot of effort and energy to make a quilt, and, in my simple mind, it makes little sense to go to all that effort for someone that will (1) abuse or neglect the gift, or (2) have no respect for the amount of effort it took to make said quilt. I and the wife have adopted that philosophy, and have refused to make quilts for some "relatives" and friends because they mistreat their stuff, or have lost/misplaced a quilt we made for them.....(to include a daughter-in-law) If you decided to keep the quilt you are making for them... I could find no fault with you for doing so..... I find it difficult to "cast pearls before swine", so to speak....
                        I made the pearl knowing they were swine. They get this one, I move on to other projects. It's inexplicable, but this one's theirs. I couldn't give it to someone else...it'd be filled with...I cannot say they adjective without giving their identity away...inlawery.

Comment

I made the pearl knowing they were swine. They get this one, I move on to other projects. It's inexplicable, but this one's theirs. I couldn't give it to someone else...it'd be filled with...I cannot say they adjective without giving their identity away...inlawery.
                          you are a far more generous person than this cold hearted Yank is.... You are obviously evolved to a higher plain than I, and I salute your generosity!

Comment

you are a far more generous person than this cold hearted Yank is.... You are obviously evolved to a higher plain than I, and I salute your generosity!
                            Seven daisies down 35 to go. Generous or Machiavellian? They are Catholic; they will feel the guilt.

Comment

Ooh, just can't imagine a submissive badger....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                              kharma or something like that? Giving something to someone else, what with all the rancour knocking about, wouldn't feel right to me!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              You and me both my man....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Ooh, just can't imagine a submissive badger....
                                Would you like me to make you a picture out of fimo modelling clay?

Comment

Working...
                                X