waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    Badgergirl, congrats on the sofa! Nice job.

You almost could have been a lawyer, doc. My dad used to tell me the same thing. He also told me that if I had to ask permission, I was probably too young to do the deed. Silly man was quite upset when I stopped asking permission and just did what I wanted. (It's easier to say, "I'm sorry," than it is to ask for permission anyway.)
    no,, I'm too blunt to have been a lawyer.... Your story is another of my maxims... It is far easier to get forgivness than it is to get permission....

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      Today I bought a sofa.
      yeee haw! Congrats on the sofa purchase.....

Comment

• Small boy comes out with the cutest sayings...

Enjoy your sofa

And .... H a p p y A n n i v e r s a r y
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
          Small boy comes out with the cutest sayings...
          I think we'll keep him.

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
          Enjoy your sofa

And .... H a p p y A n n i v e r s a r y
          Thanks, as everyone who lurks here knows, it's been a hard 18 months, but we seem to be through the rocky patch and, to mix metaphors, on to some smoother sailing. I've just generally been happier - it helps that my brain isn't trying to persuade me to kill myself at any given moment - that interior monologue was incredibly trying.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Your perseverance deserves to be greatly rewarded. So glad that things are improving for you. Long may that continue x
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Big ass hug for you Badgergirl!
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                Today I bought a sofa.
                Just like to give a belated, hoorah, congrats to the new sofa owner of old Melbourne town....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                I think we'll keep him.

Thanks, as everyone who lurks here knows, it's been a hard 18 months, but we seem to be through the rocky patch and, to mix metaphors, on to some smoother sailing. I've just generally been happier - it helps that my brain isn't trying to persuade me to kill myself at any given moment - that interior monologue was incredibly trying.
                Hopes you weren'ts thinking of part exchanging him....And a belated bestowing of anniversary wishes, hope you had a good one!

Comment

• Happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs Badger. Hope the celebrations last all day!
                  G x
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• I cried, goddamn it. CRIED. There are badgers.

I fell in love with a woman while that song was playing (longish story, set in Portland, Oregon - I'm married, not dead) and it still has the power to pull my heart out of my body.

Comment

• I've started contacting reupholsters...

Paintings by Toby Burton.

Anniversary dinner last night: oysters and roast quail. Shiraz.

Comment

• Badger that couch looks amazing!!!!!! When you tire of it - please send it my way !!!!!!!
                        Thanx
                        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• All that couch needs is someone laying on it saying "Draw me like one of your French girls." Great couch bg

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            no,, I'm too blunt to have been a lawyer.... Your story is another of my maxims... It is far easier to get forgivness than it is to get permission....
                            I've never met a lawyer who wasn't blunt..?

Congrats on the sofa and Happy Anniversary a little belated...
                            Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• The couch looks great like it is... the colors blend well with the other furnishings in the room... good choice!

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                                I've never met a lawyer who wasn't blunt..?
                                I guess that could be true... most of the lawyers I have met or heard were pretty wishy-washy, though I can see how being blunt would work as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X