waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    wait, the breakfast of champions isn't warm beer and cold pizza? or Budwiser on your corn flakes?????
    Breakfast of champions cafe - menu
    Full English, including black pudding and bread fried in lard
    Cold Indian, straight from the fridge
    Homemade Greek yoghurt, mixed berries, nuts

Chef's special: last night's desserts doused in cream - usually pears in red wine and/or gooseberry sponge (not primal, but delicious)

Drinks
    Bloody Mary
    Irish coffee
    Earl with gin
    Tequila sunrise
    Champagne
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post

Chef's special: last night's desserts doused in cream - usually pears in red wine and/or gooseberry sponge (not primal, but delicious)

Drinks
      Bloody Mary
      Irish coffee
      Earl with gin
      Tequila sunrise
      Champagne
      Earl with gin? As in Earl Grey tea with a dollop of gin? If all of that was consumed by one person, methinks theyz head is spinning a bits at present....

Comment

Me too. Breakfast of champions.
        Thumbs up!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        wait, the breakfast of champions isn't warm beer and cold pizza? or Budwiser on your corn flakes?????
        Uurrgh, you'ld waste Bud on cornflakes, hang on, cornflakes, uurrgh....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post

Drinks
        Bloody Mary
        Irish coffee
        Earl with gin
        Tequila sunrise
        Champagne
        Good menu for the most part, drinks wise a mate of mine swears by a pint of scrumpy & pineapple juice, tried it once, it's not bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Thumbs up!

Uurrgh, you'ld waste Bud on cornflakes, hang on, cornflakes, uurrgh....

Good menu for the most part, drinks wise a mate of mine swears by a pint of scrumpy & pineapple juice, tried it once, it's not bad!
          Actually, I don't touch Bud..... I'd almost rather eat broccoli than drink Bud...

Comment

Actually, I don't touch Bud..... I'd almost rather eat broccoli than drink Bud...
            Blimey, better gets me feather out again....but knows what yer saying, Bud is pants!

Comment

Blimey, better gets me feather out again....but knows what yer saying, Bud is pants!
              The kind of pants you take off and they stand up and walks themselves to the laundry theyz so nasty...

Comment

The kind of pants you take off and they stand up and walks themselves to the laundry theyz so nasty...
                Yup, demz the ones, still better than Bud....

Comment

• Bud is vile.

I still have a fondness for black velvet - Guinness and champagne - but mostly my beer (of all hues) days are behind me.

Comment

Bud is vile.

I still have a fondness for black velvet - Guinness and champagne - but mostly my beer (of all hues) days are behind me.
                    I thought you were refering to the Canadian whisky.... but Guiness and Dom pergnon works too!

Yes, my beer drinking days are pretty much over.... thank the gods for cider!

Comment

• Grape juice, then the nectar of apples.

Should you ever make it to Blighty you MUST, MUST go to the cider museum I went as a brat and loved it so much that I dragged husband back there. They have apple brandy, which is - I'm almost certain - what Nanny Ogg has in a flask that she keeps in her knickers. I think I've mentioned the place before...but, truly, it is legendary.

Comment

Grape juice, then the nectar of apples.

Should you ever make it to Blighty you MUST, MUST go to the cider museum I went as a brat and loved it so much that I dragged husband back there. They have apple brandy, which is - I'm almost certain - what Nanny Ogg has in a flask that she keeps in her knickers. I think I've mentioned the place before...but, truly, it is legendary.
                        When I hit the lottery, I do plan on making a trip to the Isles..... and several other places besides. I would love to visit a cidery... and the Guiness brewery... and the Jameson distillery.... I think I am seeing a trend here....
                        I just finished reading a book about making cider, and it talked alot about England and the cider there, the types of apples used etc etc etc..... made me thirsty....

Comment

Yes, my beer drinking days are pretty much over.... thank the gods for cider!
                          Praise be, indeed....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          Bud is vile.

As are mine, never liked lager in the first place, but did like a drop of the black stuff more than well over two years since me last one, can still recall how my insides reacted!!

I'm the other way, the apple then the grape....Have to go have a look at that museum....

Comment

When I hit the lottery, I do plan on making a trip to the Isles..... and several other places besides. I would love to visit a cidery... and the Guiness brewery... and the Jameson distillery.... I think I am seeing a trend here....
                            I just finished reading a book about making cider, and it talked alot about England and the cider there, the types of apples used etc etc etc..... made me thirsty....
                            Here's a list of places to visit just around my locale if you ever get that lotto win squire, Somerset!

Comment

Here's a list of places to visit just around my locale if you ever get that lotto win squire, Somerset!
                              Thanks for the tip..... I will file that away for future reference...

Comment

• Time for an update on best friend.

The affair with the greenhouse guy is ongoing. AND TOP SECRET. Best friend needs cash so got a second job at a patisserie/choc shop. Chef-patron is in a relationship with the shop manager. Chef-patron is greenhouse guy's niece (by marriage, but still). Chef-patron falls in love with best friend, manager becomes very jealous, then, chef-patron discovers the affair. THERMONUCLEAR DRAMA. Best friend is currently working out her notice.

Is there anything she won't sacrifice for this guy? I hope to hell he's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X