waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband missed me.
    He returned with tales of how terrible the other children were and how our child, relatively speaking, is angelic. Mummy loves hearing that she's a better mummy than all the other mummies.
    And.
    Husband missed me...

Weight waggling is paying dividends and I, finally, feel as though my mojo has returned after a year of p*ss-farting around. Ocsober is going well - I started on Saturday, a few days early. Tracking is going well. And, as of today, for the next ten days I've got a far more convoluted commute (bus replacement service) that will necessitate a lot of walking.

I was up at 4am and - since husband had missed me - didn't get much sleep. I'm flagging now...

B: yoghurt, coffee
    L: red cabbage cooked with bacon and red wine vinegar; beef jerky
    D: steak and veggies
    Last edited by badgergirl; 10-03-2013, 01:47 AM.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      Husband missed me.
      He returned with tales of how terrible the other children were and how our child, relatively speaking, is angelic. Mummy loves hearing that she's a better mummy than all the other mummies.
      And.
      Husband missed me...

Weight waggling is paying dividends and I, finally, feel as though my mojo has returned after a year of p*ss-farting around. Ocsober is going well - I started on Saturday, a few days early. Tracking is going well. And, as of today, for the next ten days I've got a far more convoluted commute (bus replacement service) that will necessitate a lot of walking.

I was up at 4am and - since husband had missed me - didn't get much sleep. I'm flagging now...

L: red cabbage cooked with bacon and red wine vinegar; beef jerky
      D: streak and veggies
      If your gonna be up... you may as well be about doing things and getting flagged.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        If your gonna be up... you may as well be about doing things and getting flagged.....
        That's a new way of putting it....

How's the hunt for the elusive press up going?!

Comment

yeah, it's all that streaking I've been doing!

Comment

• The elusive push-up remains a distant dream. Right then. Of husband's two best friends, the bestest has just bailed on the bro weekend due to work. *EXPLETIVES DELETED* Husband is now moping and wondering if there's any point in going... I'm furious. And very upset for husband.

Comment

The elusive push-up remains a distant dream.
              Keep searching, you'll find it....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              Right then. Of husband's two best friends, the bestest has just bailed on the bro weekend due to work. *EXPLETIVES DELETED* Husband is now moping and wondering if there's any point in going... I'm furious. And very upset for husband.
              That's a shitter, from a right up to a right down! Who was it who said that work was the curse of the drinking class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                That's a shitter, from a right up to a right down! Who was it who said that work was the curse of the drinking class?
                I'm enraged. And I've told the individual concerned so...

I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that you are unable to spend time with husband for his 40th. You are his dearest friend and he's now saying that there's very little point in going to the beach as the effort is not worth it for other friend since you won't be there. I had this whole thing planned on the understanding that you could make it and, had I known that you had only provisionally agreed or were likely to pull out, I would have chosen to celebrate this really important milestone in some other way. I truly thought that bringing the three of you together for some bonding time was THE BEST gift I could give my husband, and now it won't be happening.
                Yes, I'm bitterly disappointed.

I understand how important your job is to you and, equally, I understand that your employer is capricious. If you had told me, when I first mooted this two months ago, that you were unable to commit to 24 hours away from your desk I would have made radically different plans. I clearly misunderstood you - I thought your acceptance was binding.

Husband doesn't have much happiness in his life right now and I have been terrified that this milestone would tip him back into depression, which is why I spent so long concocting what I thought was the most uplifting experience he could have. You've never seen husband suicidal, but I have and I cannot face going through that again.

Again, I know just how brutal and cutthroat your working life is. I respect that you have no choice to pull out at the very last minute and effectively ruin husband's birthday. I wish, wish you had told me two months ago that I couldn't rely on you.

Honestly, I'm furious with you. Not for the decision you made today, but for making a commitment you couldn't keep.

Comment

• Summed up pretty well I'd say.

We got a thing at work were meant to follow about not sending a message/e-mail when angry and calming down before sending it, as you might say something you might regret, but sometimes you just got to say, sod that!

Comment

• It's a good rule. But, I fester. I am just as enraged today as I was yesterday and would say the same things all over again, perhaps even more strongly.

Comment

• B: yoghurt, coffee
                      L: red cabbage, bacon, tuna (an odd combo, I realise, but surprisingly satisfying)
                      D: some kind of sliverside slow-cook effort (husband is cooking)

It feels good to have my mo full of jo again. It's only been missing for an entire year - almost to the day. My sleep patterns though are completely screwed. Last night was about five hours, the night before was fractionally less. Too much time snuggling and not enough time spent sleeping. I got through our - whirlwind - courtship on a mixture of red wine (evenings) and red bull (mornings). I could use a pint of both right about now.

Comment

It's a good rule.
                        It's an okay rule, I've still said or e-mailed things when as mad as a lorry and not regretted it yet even though one did get me a bollocking for harrasment....

But, I fester. I am just as enraged today as I was yesterday and would say the same things all over again, perhaps even more strongly.
                        Like your style!

My sleep patterns though are completely screwed. Last night was about five hours, the night before was fractionally less. Too much time snuggling and not enough time spent sleeping. I got through our - whirlwind - courtship on a mixture of red wine (evenings) and red bull (mornings). I could use a pint of both right about now.
                        But think of all the 'snuggling' or 'courting' or whatever you wants to call it yer getting....

Comment

L: red cabbage, bacon, tuna (an odd combo, I realise, but surprisingly satisfying)
                          D: some kind of sliverside slow-cook effort (husband is cooking)

It feels good to have my mo full of jo again. It's only been missing for an entire year - almost to the day. My sleep patterns though are completely screwed. Last night was about five hours, the night before was fractionally less. Too much time snuggling and not enough time spent sleeping. I got through our - whirlwind - courtship on a mixture of red wine (evenings) and red bull (mornings). I could use a pint of both right about now.
                          hmmmm Red Bull Wine... but only if it comes in a bottle with a screw cap!

Comment

And a commode, or maybe a gurney....

Comment

Many, many years ago Red Bull and vodka was my chosen way to round off an evening. The blasted stuff never worked in the moment, it was only when my head finally hit the pillow that I'd feel wide awake. RB is terrible stuff though and soon after I moved in with husband I weaned myself off it. I worked with people who drank it all day... *shudders*

Comment

• Okay, so the weekend was a bit of a washout - wine, cake, hummus, spanokopita - but it could have been much worse (actually, not that much wine and at least the cake and pie was made by my own fair hand). Today I'm totally back on track, despite husband practically begging me to take a sickie and stay home with him.
                                L: Greek salad (leftovers - I'd done skewers for the party)
                                D: beef and crudites (leftovers, essentially)

Husband enjoyed the skydive and when he got home on Sunday afternoon we had a little party with some friends and family popping over for high tea.

Saturday had been mad hectic what with taking the small boy to the movies, cake making, a children's party to attend, cake decorating and lots of mummy-and-me activities (bath, sleeping in our bed, extra stories etc). The cake decorating went badly and I comforted myself with slices of offcut cake 'buttered' with icing. Sunday was also a blur, what with cleaning and prepping for the party, and I did rather fall into a bucket of hummus.

Not quite sure why husband is so eager to have wifey and me time,but it's very sweet to see him look mournful as I insist that I have to run out of the door. Small boy goes back to school tomorrow.
                                Last edited by badgergirl; 10-06-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X