No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just keeps happening in my life right now. Everywhere I look there are women unhappy in their marriages, particularly sexually, looking for a way to renegotiate things to make room for flings/other partners or just simply wanting more from their sig-oh. The friend I met for drinks last night confessed that she was seriously considering embarking on an affair. Indeed, she has two prospects lined up. So, there's me, best friend, Pops, friend from last night, husband's friend's wife... What's happening? Marriage is a social/economic contract that has profound far-reaching implications for how life is organised. It's a mutual support structure and requires that two people share world views, goals etc. Those things that make a marriage strong don't necessarily guarantee, or even promote, a vibrant erotic life. It's clearly a problem, but what does one do about it?

Last night's D, after two glasses of vino at the wine bar: spaghetti sauce sans spag avec chili powder, melted cheese and sour cream (skanky girl's chili - husband and small boy had made spaghetti for dinner)

Today:
    B: yoghurt, coffee - both large
    L: small bowl of skanky girl's chili with sour cream, but no cheese
    D: we're going to husband's friend's house for barbecue I have made the beetroot choc cake (this time with almond flour) as husband's friend is celiac and has Crohn's so is RELIGIOUSLY gluten free.

I'm at the exam all day tomorrow so any batch cooking has to be done today. To that end, I made cauli-cumin-tahini soup with feta (DD: you could sub chorizo for the feta and I bet it would give a similar salty punch) and roasted a whole bag of over-ripe capsicums/bell peppers to be used in - I dunno, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them.

Oh. And that weird, off feeling - tired, glandy, sinusy? It's decided to come out as a cold, which - FINE, WHATEVER - but did it really have to be the day before I pull a ten hour day plus commute? Apparently, yes.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-13-2013, 08:06 PM.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      This just keeps happening in my life right now. Everywhere I look there are women unhappy in their marriages, particularly sexually, looking for a way to renegotiate things to make room for flings/other partners or just simply wanting more from their sig-oh. The friend I met for drinks last night confessed that she was seriously considering embarking on an affair. Indeed, she has two prospects lined up. So, there's me, best friend, Pops, friend from last night, husband's friend's wife... What's happening? Marriage is a social/economic contract that has profound far-reaching implications for how life is organised. It's a mutual support structure and requires that two people share world views, goals etc. Those things that make a marriage strong don't necessarily guarantee, or even promote, a vibrant erotic life. It's clearly a problem, but what does one do about it?
      There's nowt as strange as folk as they say, but the solution, now then, that's a biggy, you could make your fortune if you could solve that bad boy....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      I'm at the exam all day tomorrow so any batch cooking has to be done today. To that end, I made cauli-cumin-tahini soup with feta (DD: you could sub chorizo for the feta and I bet it would give a similar salty punch) and roasted a whole bag of over-ripe capsicums/bell peppers to be used in - I dunno, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them.
      That sounds chipper, as you know I'd most certainly do chorizo over feta, it does sounds like a goer, what sort of ratios would you recommend, or just play around with it to taste?

Oh. And that weird, off feeling - tired, glandy, sinusy? It's decided to come out as a cold, which - FINE, WHATEVER - but did it really have to be the day before I pull a ten hour day plus commute? Apparently, yes.
      That's not good, hope yer better and stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        ehh, I'm not sure he knows about the lip lock down.... and when he finds out, the friendship will probably be pretty dented... and if the chic has any class at all, I hope she doesn't go for a "friends With Benefits" action..... hell ya shoulda stayed married if'ns ya gonna do that!
        That looks like a keep your head down scenario to me, or get a Kevlar helmet, cuz the impending result is gonna be a bit lively I reckons....And absofruitly on the shoulda stayed married bit, if there gonna play that game!

Comment

• B: yoghurt, coffee
          L: meat from sandwiches, two sushi rolls
          D: steak, yoghurt

All-day exam today. Cream crackered, I am. Lots of slow movement and some lifting of heavy things - the action pelvis strikes again.

Have been rowing with husband. Deep, deep sighs. I am in the wrong all the way up to the point where I'm not.

Comment

• B: yoghurt (the last of this batch, sob), coffee
            L: brie, cauli soup*
            D: beef stroganoff with added capsicums, green beans; 2t honey

Portion size at dinner was on the small size - bearing in mind I eat BIG meals - and after the bath and story routine I was still craving a little something-something. Honey came to the rescue (instead of the TimTams in the fridge).

I've just been invited to work a sub-spec exam (maternal fetal medicine). All day Saturday and a half day Sunday in mid October. There are only six candidates so I'm not sure what help will be required, but time and a half for a day and a half? Who can say no to that? Action pelvises at the ready!

* DD I used:
            1 head of cauli, roughly floretted
            enough water to not quite cover
            2T of tahini
            2 cloves of garlic
            1T of cumin (I like cumin)
            blend
            then I added crumbled feta - enough so that there is a little in each mouthful, but I bet a good smoky chorizo would be lovely.

Comment

I've just been invited to work a sub-spec exam (maternal fetal medicine). All day Saturday and a half day Sunday in mid October. There are only six candidates so I'm not sure what help will be required, but time and a half for a day and a half? Who can say no to that? Action pelvises at the ready!
              lol.....

Comment

Time and a half for some pelvic action, what's not to like.....

* DD I used:
                1 head of cauli, roughly floretted
                enough water to not quite cover
                2T of tahini
                2 cloves of garlic
                1T of cumin (I like cumin)
                blend
                then I added crumbled feta - enough so that there is a little in each mouthful, but I bet a good smoky chorizo would be lovely.
                Thanks me dear, now on me 'to do' list.

Comment

• Tough times with husband again. Feel like there has to be an answer somewhere, but we just keep butting heads instead; trapped in our own solitary confinement cells. Hmmm...

B: two eggs scrambled in butter, coffee
                  L: cauli, cumin, tahini and feta soup (a standard bowl - often I have vast oceans of soup, trying to be more normal in my portion sizes)
                  D: chicken thighs slow-cooked with tomatoes, roasted capsicums and chorizo (I'll add sauteed onions and perhaps mushrooms when I get home - didn't have time for this before I left this morning); steamed broc (boys had carrots and rice too); small lump of mature cheddar

On the bright side, going to see Amanda Palmer on Friday. Woot!

Husband is taking small boy away for a couple of nights to the beach with husband's friend and his kids. It will be nice to have some solitude at home instead of loneliness - hard to explain the difference, I know, but believe me there is one.
                  Last edited by badgergirl; 09-17-2013, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Tough about the big boy, enjoy the peace and quiet for a few days and get you're head round it all, until the unpeace and quiet of Amanda Palmer of course....

Comment

• Well, homecoming was peaceful. The XYs aren't going to the beach until a week on Sunday so I have a while to wait for my solitude.

Comment

Well, homecoming was peaceful. The XYs aren't going to the beach until a week on Sunday so I have a while to wait for my solitude.
                        Oh, well at least the peaceful homecomings a bonus.

Comment

• B: two eggs scrambled in butter
                          L: soup (the last of it)
                          D: beef sausages, bacon, eggs, veggies Ė possibly as a massive omelette

I donít like scrambled eggs nearly as much as yoghurt, but I get the feeling they are better for me. Breakfast seems to stick for longer.

Husband and I (this was something that was suggested by the unhinged mental wellbeing nurse that stuck) have been reduced to writing letters to each other Ė except that he Ďforgotí he was supposed to be writing to me. And he wonders why I feel Iím not particularly high on his list of prioritiesÖ

Amanda Palmer is that bit closer Ė getting quite excited now as Iím sure one way or another itíll be quite a show. Hmm. What to wear? Corset?

Comment

B: two eggs scrambled in butter
                            L: soup (the last of it)
                            D: beef sausages, bacon, eggs, veggies – possibly as a massive omelette

I don’t like scrambled eggs nearly as much as yoghurt, but I get the feeling they are better for me. Breakfast seems to stick for longer.

Husband and I (this was something that was suggested by the unhinged mental wellbeing nurse that stuck) have been reduced to writing letters to each other – except that he ‘forgot’ he was supposed to be writing to me. And he wonders why I feel I’m not particularly high on his list of priorities…

Amanda Palmer is that bit closer – getting quite excited now as I’m sure one way or another it’ll be quite a show. Hmm. What to wear? Corset?
                            Eggs keep me fuller longer as well.... must be the protein content.....

Corset for the win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              Eggs keep me fuller longer as well.... must be the protein content.....

Corset for the win.....
                              I donít like scrambled eggs nearly as much as yoghurt, but I get the feeling they are better for me. Breakfast seems to stick for longer.
                              Eggs for fullness for me as well, I normally have 4 to 5 for breakfast most mornings

And he wonders why I feel Iím not particularly high on his list of prioritiesÖ
                              He's aware of that then.

Amanda Palmer is that bit closer Ė getting quite excited now as Iím sure one way or another itíll be quite a show. Hmm. What to wear? Corset?
                              Oh yes on the corset, if it goes to the vote, put me down for that one....

Comment

• Oh, lads! So predictable
                                Dinner was lovely - cooked leeks and bacon together then added cream, the perfect side for sausages. Boys had carrots and broc, I stuck to just broc.

Have told husband loud and clear that I feel underloved, many times. He tries sporadically, but doesn't often succeed, to remedy that. He tells me he's going to talk to me tonight instead of going straight into the study.

Comment

Working...
                                X